SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.04.01M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit_Factor

One thing that jumps out (but probably not a big factor if it scans with one version but not the other) is that Site 2 is missing a freq (the first one on the license). And, of course, is missing some LCNs.

Ensure that the applicable service types are enabled, as well (something that is part of a profile, not the FL, so can't see in an hpe).

What were you scanning to make the log? Preferably it would be the least needed to exhibit the issue (i.e. one site only).

Site 1 has the most traffic by far. Site 2 is pretty quiet. I added the freq back in to site 2. LCN finder and System Status always stop after finding 5 LCNs or Freqs. So I have to chunk the freqs into groups of 5 with the control freq. Then later on combine the results back into the sites. Site 1 is busy, it hits 5 after several seconds. Site 2 takes a bit longer, but never finds more than 5 LCNs/Freqs.

I tweaked the services types on a couple of the talkgroups, thanks, I missed the basics there for a moment. The first two TGs are the busiest, and the service type was correct on those.

I think I was scanning just site 1 for the log. It's possible I was scanning both sites and the single VHF freq if the log isn't making sense or it has too much in it.

I can record a new log tomorrow and put 1.04.01 back onto one of the scanners if you need it. I could probably run a log on 1.03.05 of the same if that would help. Would you want a log of system status or LCN finder?

I can supply a log from an Icom IC-R30, it logs all transmissions, freq, mode, TG, RAN, etc. I have it scanning the Site 1 and Site 2 freqs, it doesn't know anything about trunking.

It's hard for me to tinker while at work, but if I can set everything up before I go in that would help. Tell me what you want.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
This update seems to be the best so far. For the most part my scanner was receiving almost everything as it should. However there were a couple of items that seem to have been resolved with this f/w. First, with the previous f/w, it was missing some transmissions on a couple of the P25 phase I systems in my area. Not terrible, but enough to be annoying. Second, aircraft reception on the VHF am band was “crackly” even with strong signals. Not the regular static issues generally associated with the am band. This was different and wasn’t present in my 436s with same antenna. This update seems to have fixed those issues. Thanks!

BTW, I was previously using version 1.03.03M/1.01.05S Open Beta. I never downloaded 1.03.05M/1.01.05S Open Beta5, as it had the analog squelch complaints.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
My only issue is I dont seem to recieve any FMB in the broadcast band, its deaf,its not a huge deal though,
havent really tested the Airband out yet, will do that today

everything else works great, UHF/VHF 7/800 mhz

Best Firmware to date, really enjoying this radio

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I take it that fixed the no-receive issue? Is there a deep bruise on your forehead? :)

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
yes this release is the best so far working really good thanks and keep your good work Upman and everyone at Uniden

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Something broke nxdn.

I have 2 sds100s and I dropped one back to the 1.03.05. As soon as I did, it started receiving the system again.

I'm recording a log file now on the scanner with 1.04.x on it.

Will post that when I get home from work.

edit to add attachment.

According to the log, the scanner can not successfully receive all voice channels on that system. There are some errors in receiving that control channel, but the scanner has locked onto it.

Check frequencies and LCNs per the below.
Control LCN: 3
Voice LCNs: 4, 5, 6, 7,

Program these voice channels as conventional channels, and check RSSI and NOISE during a transmission.

vikingegfd

Premium Subscriber
Best thing I can say about this release, I put my big Austin Condor antenna away and tried the original antenna and I can hear conventional analog and digital trunk better then ever. Smiling big time.
Ran a debug file against a group with analog channels and no antenna and by noting the time and counting the PLL's I am getting about 23 channels per second.
thanx UPman.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Ran a debug file against a group with analog channels and no antenna and by noting the time and counting the PLL's I am getting about 23 channels per second.
thanx UPman.

That's way off. Scan speed on analog channels is more like 100-120 channels/second.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
156,300Mhz Conventional has terrible reception. No matter what Antenna I use, (RS 800, Watson WSMA-801, OEM Antenna). BCD436 has perfect reception. Same location, same freq and same various Antennas. Hope this can be addressed.

Hit_Factor

According to the log, the scanner can not successfully receive all voice channels on that system. There are some errors in receiving that control channel, but the scanner has locked onto it.

Check frequencies and LCNs per the below.
Control LCN: 3
Voice LCNs: 4, 5, 6, 7,

Program these voice channels as conventional channels, and check RSSI and NOISE during a transmission.

Will do, unfortunately, won't be close enough to site until July 30.

The LCN of 3 (LCN 1 & 2 was found this way)on the control channel was found when searching just a subset of freqs. Is search of groups of 5 or less a valid technique? Maybe the programming of the system was implemented using freqs from both sites? The freq I suspect is the control freq for site 2 is weak compared to the site 1 control freq.

K1TSL

I installed this last night and have noticed a substantial increase in what I am receiving on the airband. Also, I am picking up a lot more analog traffic. Last night I received the local hospital's DMR channel for the first time. I was never able to get it on the 436 and SDS100 hadn't heard it until now.

I am using the TRAM 1089 antenna in the house and also the Radio Shack 800.

I've also noticed that it's hearing 800mhz trunking activity better. No change in the RSSI values but less static and drops.

Needless to say, I'm pleased. I don't normally install betas but did after seeing some of the feedback in this thread. I'm glad I did.

JohnOldridge

Installing Open Beta firmware in Sentinel for SDS100

Hello all. Maybe this was mentioned already and I apologize if it was, but could someone point me in the right direction on how to install these firmware updates in Sentinel for my SDS100? I'm not real PC savvy so I have to depend on videos and/or assistance from fellow scanner enthusiasts in here. I already clicked on the link that Upman displayed, but now that they are on my desktop, I don't know how to apply them to sentinel or my SDS100?
I'm a quick learner. Once I've been told or shown how to install something, I can pretty much take care of things on my own after that. Thanks guys.....
-John-

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
jonwienke can you post a debug file showing this faster speed please?

A debug file is not timestamped in hours minutes seconds, so that wouldn't be particularly meaningful. Make a test favorite list of conventional channels with 5 departments, and 20 frequencies in each department. Then video the scanner scanning that system, and see how long it takes for a particular department to be scanned 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.