SDS100 Prerelease Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Well my designs sit in the Inmarsat spacecraft I/Q baseband processors and in some of the deep space transponders that have ventured a long way off this planet.

Your post just shows you don't understand digital signal processing, demodulating HDTV 64 QAM and such like with moderate strength HDTV is nothing like the same.

And your posts show you don't understand that the average user of the SDS100 is going to use it to hear signals from tens of miles away, not billions. We're not trying to hear alien EMS calls on Europa, so we can probably get by nicely with hardware that is a step or two down in performance (not to mention price) from what NASA uses.

The videos posted by the beta testers demonstrate that the SDS100 is a step up in performance in pretty much every respect compared to the 436, which is already one of the best available consumer scanners. For most people, that's enough information to be useful, even if Uniden has not yet released all of the spec numbers that are primarily of interest to professional measurbators.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Is it time to take this thread down until we have the new scanner in our hands.

Yup. It's the same members who argue just for the sake of arguing who keep this thread going.

I think it's time for people who have real questions to start their own threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.