SDS100/SDS200/BCDx36HP Sentinel Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
done that . say it has current version . but that's 1.07.04

Usually the new version overrides the older version, but this time it added the new version and I had two Sentinel's on my computer. Go into Help..About and confirm 2.02.01 Sentinel is running.

Peerlessk

I followed the instructions and my SDS200 will not acknowledge the new update. My SDS100 did with no problem at all. I updated the Sentinel software and followed the same un-mounting procedures to start the firmware. I even had to clear the data from Sentinel to download a fresh firmware but still stuck on 1.07.04 main - 1.02.01 Sub every time. Need some help guys!!
same problem here . it changed the sub but not the main . I'm stuck 1.07.04

teknishun

yes the sds200 wont update

Sounds as if something is just hosed up.

Where are you seeing the message that you have the old firmware? Is that coming from Sentinel?
On the SDS200 what do you see when you go to MENU - Settings - See Scanner Info - Firmware Version?

You might try opening Sentinel and choose the profile for the SDS200 and then do Scanner - Read from Scanner.

Close Sentinel and then open it up again and try the firmware update again. Otherwise call Uniden Tech Support if you
have not already done so.

Peerlessk

Sub was updated the main was not .. makes no sense to me . I did nothing different from the last time I updated .i have both the sds100 and 200 the 100 took the update fine

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Reboot your computer, maybe you already have restarted a few times but if not... Who knows.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Can you try inserting the card in the computer and doing the commands to reformat or erase user data (whatever it says) and then put it back in the scanner and try again? Or did you say you already did that...?

teknishun

Reformatted now what ? I lost everything now . Is there a link ?

Did you build your favorite lists using Sentinel? If so they are still on your pc. Open Sentinel and choose the
profile for the SDS200 and then do Write to Scanner and check "Erase Favorites List on Scanner" and "Force Write Full Database."
This will download a fresh copy onto the SD card. You data isn't lost it is just not on the SD card at the moment.
Doing the above "should" fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.