Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatorejrc

Sentinel has been troublesome recently. I have been trying to program my sds100, and when I upload the lists I create to the unit, either nothing gets transfered over, or only a bit gets written. This doesn't just apply to new favorites lists either, but also settings, and list orders that I change on my computer. This has actually been happening a long time. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Salvatorejrc

Sentinel has been troublesome recently. I have been trying to program my sds100, and when I upload the lists I create to the unit, either nothing gets transfered over, or only a bit gets written. This doesn't just apply to new favorites lists either, but also settings, and list orders that I change on my computer. This has actually been happening a long time. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
And this is just a sidenote, but the memory often gets corrupted when I try to write from or to when using sentinel.

Salvatorejrc

How old is your memory card? Have you ever re-formatted it (FAT32) or replaced it?
Well I bought the unit brand new in june, so I guess since then. I have never replaced it, and I don't recall intentionally re-formatting it, or anything as such.

RBMTS

Have you made sure that the "download" feature is ON for each favorite list you want to Sentinel to upload to the scanner? They can be selectively turned on and off depending on what you are updating.

Salvatorejrc

Have you made sure that the "download" feature is ON for each favorite list you want to Sentinel to upload to the scanner? They can be selectively turned on and off depending on what you are updating.
I am pretty sure it is on, how do i check?

Salvatorejrc

Been having a great deal of trouble with my sds100 and sentinel today. I'm not too sure what I did, but a list a usually use now says "scan mode nothing to scan". How can I fix this?

Reconrider

A good list of things to go through and try.

Make sure all services are turned on
Go to menu > set scan selection > select lists to monitor see if that that helps.

Do you have quick keys enabled? If so, Go to menu > set scan selection > set all lists on, then use quick keys and turn them off until you have only what you want to hear on.

If you want more help, I can show you over teamviewer or go on youtube and search "boy and a scanner". He does sds100 videos that I learned from.

RBMTS

At the top of the Sentinel screen, click on "Edit". Then select "Edit Profile". The new window that will pop-up will show you the list of favorites you created and what the setting is for downloading (to the scanner) and if you want them on or off for monitoring by default.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
When you write from Sentinel to the scanner have you checked the box.. Erase Favorite Lists on Scanner.
If not, this can cause leftovers to remain behind creating issues on the SD card/scanner memory. Just a suggestion.. This might be the problem.. IDK

Salvatorejrc

When you write from Sentinel to the scanner have you checked the box.. Erase Favorite Lists on Scanner.
If not, this can cause leftovers to remain behind creating issues on the SD card/scanner memory. Just a suggestion.. This might be the problem.. IDK
That worked, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.