SIRN

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I have a question about the SIRN system. I am located in Pittsburgh PA. I can pick up 2 sites pretty good, the Beaverfalls site and Sandspeings. Now, my question is ,what talk groups are carried on these 2 sites and what countys are carried on these 2 sites? I'm sure the whole state isn't carried on these two sites.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey all, I have a question about the SIRN system. I am located in Pittsburgh PA. I can pick up 2 sites pretty good, the Beaverfalls site and Sandspeings. Now, my question is ,what talk groups are carried on these 2 sites and what countys are carried on these 2 sites? I'm sure the whole state isn't carried on these two sites.

Just what you should imagine is carried on them. Predominantly local traffic. Looks in the WVSIRN database and you'll see Sand Springs is in Preston Co. Predominantly Preston Co traffic will be on there. Beaver will have very little traffic other than state traffic (WVSP, etc) because there is really nothing else active up in Northern Hancock Co. But for Preston Co you should hear much of the Preston Co stuff as well as any state stuff affiliating with that site.

The key is that you will not hear any traffic on either site unless some radio is affiliated with that particular site. You won't hear all state traffic or all Preston Co trafficc just because you are monitoring those two sites.

It's no different than trying to monitor PASTARNET

mule1075

Feed Provider
Just what you should imagine is carried on them. Predominantly local traffic. Looks in the WVSIRN database and you'll see Sand Springs is in Preston Co. Predominantly Preston Co traffic will be on there. Beaver will have very little traffic other than state traffic (WVSP, etc) because there is really nothing else active up in Northern Hancock Co. But for Preston Co you should hear much of the Preston Co stuff as well as any state stuff affiliating with that site.

The key is that you will not hear any traffic on either site unless some radio is affiliated with that particular site. You won't hear all state traffic or all Preston Co trafficc just because you are monitoring those two sites.

It's no different than trying to monitor PASTARNET
For the longest time I thought the sand springs site was in Monogalia. I get some Morgantown talkgroups from time to time on the sand Springs site I forgot it is a flamethrower usually get decent decode here in Washington.

BM82557

Just an FYI - Jefferson County site 1.23 switched CC's shortly after midnight on 2/13. It is on 460.08750 now instead of 453.4125. I don't know if this is permanent or not.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

BM82557

Site 1.7 in Berkeley County went off the air at 08:36 this morning

Announcement was made at 08:28 that the North Mountain radio site would go down in 10 minutes, all units and departments to go with their Plan B communications, CAD and instant messaging

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Site 1.7 in Berkeley County went off the air at 08:36 this morning

Announcement was made at 08:28 that the North Mountain radio site would go down in 10 minutes, all units and departments to go with their Plan B communications, CAD and instant messaging

Sounds as though they're back online, now.

wvscanner

Database Admin
Do you happen to know if that was a planned outage or if something that went down? Cannot imagine being "on the street" with little more than a mobile phone and a computer for a comms lifeline.
Everyone knows well in advance of the outages, also everyone should have a fail safe backup system they can switch to during that time. Most down time is about 2hrs or less.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
New License Application for Powhatan Point OH, apparently to provide coverage for agencies along the river south of Moundsville WV and north of Clarington OH.

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0008470911 - MARSHALL COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT - Frequency Summary

A Required Notification was submitted to the FCC regarding this site, suggesting that further progress has been made on it.

ULS Application - 0008699685 - MARSHALL COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

If you're in that neck of the woods, please look out for it.

mike

ccfd7031

TG 5186 on Beckley Site heard around 1430hrs. Firefighters directing traffic at a crash scene. Didn't catch the original call so unsure of which department but it looks like the only Raleigh FD Private TG missing is Coal River (101). Radio ID's 510153, 510154.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

ccfd7031

Just heard a technician on TG 9996 (radio id 90094), said McDowell and Mercer are still out of service and the southern part of the state is in site trunking mode. Said he was heading to another site to see if he could get it online with the parts he had. Was discussing time cards and that he had been out since midnight I believe he said.