SIRN

Mylan

Feed Provider
So if that is accurate and these radio id's stay the same, I guess radio id's for Brooke must just be issued on a first come first serve basis with no organization by agency or radio type etc...
Other than the 911 consoles, most Brooke radios in service thus far are all 220xxx including EMS, Sheriff, and Bethany FD and all those id's are scattered between agencies... Of note is that all McKinleyville VFD radios that I have logged to date do have 2223xx series but also mixed in with that 3xx series are some county EMS portables..... odd.. .
Who does the programming for Brooke County anyway, Lauttamus??

As of the end of the work day today the new RID's that showed up went from 222400 to 222606 but there is a very large gap in the 500 series which is akin to how all other area (non-Brooke) VFD radios are assigned- E.g. 0-20 for base & mobiles and 51-99 for portables... But that 400 series has all 100 numbers accounted for which would be a lot of radios for one department .
Guess gonna have to wait n see.... Is there any word about Weirton City ever abandoning VHF?

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Bearcom is handling Brooke county and as far as Weirton they got radios from Lauttamus. My guess is they will go with Futronics/Lauttamus network.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Bearcom is handling Brooke county and as far as Weirton they got radios from Lauttamus. My guess is they will go with Futronics/Lauttamus network.
That's not a public safety network, I don't see that happening. They will either stay where they are or will get pressure from Brooke and Hancock to switch to SIRN. Money could be an issue for them, but the only way they will get any grant money is to go P25.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
That's not a public safety network, I don't see that happening. They will either stay where they are or will get pressure from Brooke and Hancock to switch to SIRN. Money could be an issue for them, but the only way they will get any grant money is to go P25.
It’s also possible they bought the radios from them and will move to Sirn. I guess we will have ro wait and see.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Hancock County EMS has been using Futronics/Lauttamus network for a few weeks so that is why I thought Weirton Police & Fire may swith to them.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
TDMA... wow. Of course, I'm happy for the users and added system capacity, but it looks as though my two Uniden BC796D's days are finally numbered...

durango5550

Booger D.
Am I missing something? I know Moundsville site was eliminated but what happened to the Powhatan site and is the st. Joe site still up? Not seeing Powhatan in the database.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Am I missing something? I know Moundsville site was eliminated but what happened to the Powhatan site and is the st. Joe site still up? Not seeing Powhatan in the database.

Powhatan was never a standalone site but rather part of the OC Simulcast. Moundsville was merged into the simulcast too.

Pretty sure that's the deal.

kc8iqz

Did a discovery on trunks for SIRN and got talk group 9501. RadioRef ID's it as WV ANG Joint Operations Center? Anyone know more about this group? I had only 5 hits after searching for 7 hours.

BM82557

It's busier Monday - Friday, fairly active ever since Covid hit last spring, my total hits over the years have been 27,534

Screenshot - 3_7_2021 , 16_18_02.png

Mylan

Feed Provider
Did a discovery on trunks for SIRN and got talk group 9501. RadioRef ID's it as WV ANG Joint Operations Center? Anyone know more about this group? I had only 5 hits after searching for 7 hours.
That is actually one of the busier channels on the Ohio County Site. I hear the J.O.C. on there every single weekday at some point, if not throughout the day..... Like BM82557 says, The ANG have been doing quite a bit of COVID missions as well as some recent missions to dig out tower sites from the snow and also with last week's flooding and swift water teams... Unless there is an active incident, that talkgroup is pretty quiet on weekends.
Also very active up here on this site are TGs 9502 and 9508..... 9502 is usually silent for days or weeks at a time, but then there are some days where that channel is so busy that not 2 minutes go by without a conversation. I think they were the ones delivering that vaccine helping to put WV way ahead of all other states in the first few weeks of the coronavirus vaccine rollout.

Last edited: