SIRN

Mylan

Feed Provider

It is listed in the Radio Reference SIRN database, TG 2128... They have had this Talkgroup on SIRN for about 2-3 years now, previously having used conventional channels..
They conduct a radio check between some of the NORIMAC industry participants and 911 centers in both Marshall and Wetzel counties every Wednesday morning... Only one time have I heard any actual emergency traffic occurring on this channel and this happened during the initial response to a minor fire incident at the Convestro site a couple moths ago...

Bethanylt241

Question for those in the Northern Panhandle. Is anybody running the SDS200 on Ohio County Simulcast SIRN? How is it working out and pros and cons. I am looking to purchase one and would like to know the worth of it on the system before doing so. I’m currently using a 996P2. Thanks in advance

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I own SDS200 and the SDS100 and they are the best scanners that I have ever owned. The work great on simulcast systems.
You will love the color display which you can change. If you make the purchase on it you will not be disappointed

lukemester

Feed Provider
With the Ergon fire last night I had a lot of fire dept traffic in Brooke Co. I was getting fire traffic on TG 2245. I heard one mention of "Switching to the task force channel". I don't see 2245 in the database. Has anyone else in the northern panhandle picked up 2245? If not I may still be getting some bad decodes. My log shows 96 calls from that talkgroup. Nearly all of them last night.

lukemester

Feed Provider
2245 should be Brooke County Drug Task Force 1. If you listened to it and you think it is, you can always submit it to RR.
One person did say "Switching to the task force channel". It was being used by fire last night. Things were very busy last night. They must have toned every. dept in the northern panhandle! I'll keep listening and try to verify 2245's use before submitting anything.

harvick21

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Oakdale PA and can pick up the Beaver Falls tower,with no issues but it seems i'll have days where I hear no traffic or finally something later in the day. And other days it can be busy all day. Anybody have an idea why this is happening? If traffic is coming of the Weirton towerm that could be the issue since I'm unable to pick that up but oddly I'm probably no more than 10-15 miles from is as the crow flies.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I used to live near the "Beaver Falls" tower (which is more like Hookstown) and it is always quiet.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Can anyone say what the actual concept of the Beaver Falls site is? Especially if it doesn’t reach to most part of Hancock County.
It's a pretty strong site, I can hear it in Ohio. I think it covers the northeastern border just fine. Just not down along the river so much. They are trying to get a site up in East Liverpool that should help with that.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Catching encryption on TG 623 off Sands Spings tower. Radio id 60102, 60103, 60104, 64101, 64252, 96239, 98006, 98288.

Last edited: