SLATER Encrypted Fire-Tacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
3 shot, 1 dead in what was originally reported as an active shooter at the Applebee's on St. Charles Rock Rd. in St. John, MO. Was interested to hear how it went down on the triage side of things on Fire/EMS-North, but since it went out as an active shooter, the ops were on Tac 81E (Encrypted) instead of North Main for normal shootings or Tac 10-19 for any other high-level incident in north county, and I could not listen to the ops. I am not going to discuss any other details of the response level since I feel that would be a violation of certain Forum rules and is a security issue, but has anyone else ever heard of an incident/event being assigned to an encrypted Fire Tac on SLATER? Even the FD riot ops were either on I/O channels or Fire Tac 16/17, both completely in the clear for encryption for what I have seen.

***Disclaimer: I was not interested in this for any particular reason other than it was a large response near where I live, I generally go back and listen to any fire/major accident or other notable events in North County if I am not listening as it is happening, just because it interests me to listen to those who protect me doing what they do best. I am most definitely not a threat, do not report me to the FBI! LOL.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Central County has at least one enc channel for each tac group. One each for north and south. And East Central also has one. There may be more than one because I thought there was only one channel 84E (I think) for maydays. There could be more. It is the best way to use enc, in my opinion. Keep every day comes in the clear and use enc only when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.