StarCom21 2023 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

murse1

Does anyone here live in the Freeport area? I don't, but I do pass through the Rockford area occasionally. During those trips, I've heard what appears to be a multicast with or patch (RID 70013) to an unknown analog repeater on TG 1659 (Site 111). Transmissions have been short for the most part. Yesterday, it was "Charles 1", "Charles 6" and "George 8". Late last month, another listener had reported hearing "Queen 2". But the last transmission I caught yesterday was "Is head count started?", and it immediately made me think of corrections operations. I'm now thinking that this could be mirroring the Stephenson County Jail repeater (on 155.640, 131.8 PL per the Radio Reference database).

Is anyone close enough to hear this VHF repeater and determine if the audio is the same as that on SC21 TG 1659?

Thanks in advance!
I may be. I’ll try to check that out later today.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Something interesting yesterday. Started seeing "key-ups/dead carriers" as if an emergency button is being pushed across Troop 3 talkgroups. Shortly afterward, Troops 1,2,4,5,10 all started affiliating with the DuPage and Cook Simulcast sites and started seeing the same "dead carriers". This morning, Troops 1,2,3,4,5 are all affiliating with those sites. Related...no idea, but interesting...very interesting.

Thought I'd put this here too..

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Something interesting yesterday. Started seeing "key-ups/dead carriers" as if an emergency button is being pushed across Troop 3 talkgroups. Shortly afterward, Troops 1,2,4,5,10 all started affiliating with the DuPage and Cook Simulcast sites and started seeing the same "dead carriers". This morning, Troops 1,2,3,4,5 are all affiliating with those sites. Related...no idea, but interesting...very interesting.
Thought I'd put this here too..

No Radio ID's were being transmitted.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Does anyone know where Troop 4 & 2 are dispatch from
T-1 Dispatched at Sterling
T-2 Dispatched at Sterling
T-3 Dispatched at Chicago (Des Plaines)
T-4 Dispatched at Pontiac
T-5 Dispatched at Pontiac
T-6 Dispatched at Springfield
T-7 Dispatched at Pontiac
T-8 Dispatched at Collinsville (eventually moved to E. St. Louis)
T-9 Dispatched at DuQuoin
T-10 Dispatched at DuQuoin
T-15 Dispatched at "Oak Brook) (Lisle)

Carbuff

T-1 Dispatched at Sterling
T-2 Dispatched at Sterling
T-3 Dispatched at Chicago (Des Plaines)
T-4 Dispatched at Pontiac
T-5 Dispatched at Pontiac
T-6 Dispatched at Springfield
T-7 Dispatched at Pontiac
T-8 Dispatched at Collinsville (eventually moved to E. St. Louis)
T-9 Dispatched at DuQuoin
T-10 Dispatched at DuQuoin
T-15 Dispatched at "Oak Brook) (Lisle)
Thanks

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI... Site 115 (Lake County, IL) is having signal problems at this time... Lake Zurich (and Wauconda) FD dispatch just switched back to their old FM analog frequencies. Not sure where the PDs went, but based on the signal dropouts, guessing they're not on StarCom at this moment.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Question, now when I hear the old D5 cars for ex; 3-4-27, I know the "3" is Troup but what does the "4" and "27" stand for,.... TY

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Question, now when I hear the old D5 cars for ex; 3-4-27, I know the "3" is Troup but what does the "4" and "27" stand for,.... TY

3-400 series are Probationary Troopers. The other 3-xxx numbers are just the trooper radio call signs. Lower the number, the higher in rank they are. 3-1 is the Troop Commander for example.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
will ISP change out the license plates to reflect the new troop districts ?

I saw earlier today at a traffic stop.
One ISP officer plate had 1-8 and the other ISP officer plate was 16-50

So it appears, they have both old and new.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I saw earlier today at a traffic stop.
One ISP officer plate had 1-8 and the other ISP officer plate was 16-50

So it appears, they have both old and new.

Not necessarily. 1-8 might have been the "old" District 1 plate, and could have a new Troop 1 radio signature, which I've seen via Radio ID logging. As an example, 1-8, might now be 1-12 radio signature. The "old" District 16 unit, was probably on the assist with a 1-xx radio signatures.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
1-8 is the old 1-5

If they haven't re-plated, then the old 1-8 is.....? Since it's only been a few weeks, it probably hasn't happened yet anywhere in the state. Just like the Districts haven't been renamed, nor are they using the new code plugs yet. Some have had them reprogrammed, but I'm sure to avoid confusion, they'll stay on the old until the Troop is reprogrammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.