StarCom21 2023 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge there wasn't a 1-8 in the previous ISP. From what I remember, the highest single digit dist 1 unit was 1-6
I'll take a look at my RID's and let you know what I have for 1-8 if I have it in the "old" District radio list.

The 1-8 I have has pretty much retired I'm sure. We have the first "re-plating" sighting!

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Wondering if anyone in the Rockford area might have notes for SC21 TG 3431. This appears to be a PD local or car-to-car TG, possibly for either Cherry Valley PD or Machesney Park PD. I heard a couple of brief transmissions on Site 111 (Winnebago County) with references to a mall and a Menards store. This talkgroup is not in the SC21 database or wiki.

Thanks!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Ok...not sure why someone would video them, but hey, I see the plate :LOL:

A traffic stop in Rockford, in an extremely RARE sighting these days.

If you guys only knew just how bad Rockford is...

The officer that told the female to get out, was 1-8
The officer searching the car, was 16-50

Reactions: TGP

GTO_04

Here is a video from the traffic stop, that shows the plates
It is a facebook video, so you may need FB to watch it, sorry.
https://RockfordScanner.com ISP was in town conducting traffic control. Traffic stop near the Auburn/Rockton area. | By Rockford Scanner | Fa
Ok...not sure why someone would video them, but hey, I see the plate :LOL:

No audio so can't tell if they asked for permission to search her vehicle. Could be an illegal traffic stop if they did not.

GTO_04

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
FYI:

Status Code 43
CAD status code “43" is for administrative/command officers working in an office for most or all of their workday.
These officers will be placed on “43" status and will remain on that code unless they initiate an incident.
Officers in uniform or in a marked squad car while outside of the office building must not use code “43” when on an incident. Officers are required to use the appropriate CAD status code during this time.
Officers conducting investigative duties that may include contact with violators outside of the office building, no matter in uniform or not, will not use code “43”.
Status code “43" is configured to filter officers on this status code off the unit status display, i.e., officers will not appear in any window on the Telecommunicators’ monitors; however, they will still be “ON” in CAD and able to initiate incidents, etc.
If an officer on an administrative “43" status initiates an incident, he/she will should make a request to be placed back on status code “43" at the time of incident disposition.
Example: “Springfield H-58, Incident disposition”
H-58, go ahead.
“Springfield, H-58, clear, citations other two, back code 43”

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Troop 9 Secondary has been affiliating today with the DuPage site. No mobile traffic being heard, just DuQuoin Dispatch. Must all be using T9-Primary now. A few days ago, was hearing mobile and dispatch traffic on the Secondary channel.

Should have posted this here instead..

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
A friend of mine just returned from a road trip from Michigan to Carbondale which he frequents. He has an SDS100 with GPS puck and updated the database before he left as I recommended. He called me this morning with a question that I'd pass along to the database administrators..

While traveling through Illinois, he kept seeing both the Districts and Troops come up and was rather confused as to what was going on. Thought he had an issue, but I explained that a decision was made to keep both Troops and Districts in the database until it can be determined the unused talkgroups will not be used.

This brings me to the question, is it time to eliminate the District listings as it would be apparent by this time what is going to be used or not? Could it be possible to add the older unknown used talkgroups under the Troop listings if we're still not sure? Just a question I never have thought about since I don't use the GPS/Database option.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
A friend of mine just returned from a road trip from Michigan to Carbondale which he frequents. He has an SDS100 with GPS puck and updated the database before he left as I recommended. He called me this morning with a question that I'd pass along to the database administrators..

While traveling through Illinois, he kept seeing both the Districts and Troops come up and was rather confused as to what was going on. Thought he had an issue, but I explained that a decision was made to keep both Troops and Districts in the database until it can be determined the unused talkgroups will not be used.

This brings me to the question, is it time to eliminate the District listings as it would be apparent by this time what is going to be used or not? Could it be possible to add the older unknown used talkgroups under the Troop listings if we're still not sure? Just a question I never have thought about since I don't use the GPS/Database option.
If your friend was seeing ISP District TGs popping up, my thinking is it could be for one of two reasons - either the programming in their SDS100 isn't up to date or there was traffic on "old" ISP District TGs. In listening to recordings of traffic popping up on old ISP District TGs using Broadcastify, it seems that much of it is either due to units selecting the wrong TG or a telecommunicator multi-selecting one or more "old" TGs (subscriber radios not heard on the "old" TG).

As for what to do with the ISP District TGs in the database, I'll leave that up to the primary Illinois database admin. IMHO, the changeover to ISP Troops is still recent enough that there's no harm is leaving the remaining legacy ISP District TGs in the database for now.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If you remove some of the legacy talkgroups, no one wouble be able to use calls to figure out their new use.

I'm not sure what you mean? Since the Troops talkgroups are up to date, it should come up as Troop (## ) Primary that's in the database?

@kevino.. He's not as experienced as us unfortunately, but he was seeing both the old and new is what I think he meant in the Department. Unfortunately, he's a retired guy, and was driving so couldn't press him for more info. He updated the database before he left.

I'm not a GPS user, but here's my understanding of it's workings. He turned off the Favorite Lists as he normally does (I asked), Monitor Full Database is On. Service Types Law Dispatch, Tac, Talk. As he's driving along, it will find the proper site. And on that site, anything that matches the selected service types, it will activate.

As he passed I 80 to I 57, he would hear a transmission and it would display Troop 3 etc. The next transmission, it would display District-Chicago then the talkgroup. I know we updated Troop 3 talkgroups, but since the District-Chicago talkgroups were still in the database, that would show up too correct?

If he needs to change something in his programming, I'll let him know. It wasn't a big deal as most of the District-Chicago talkgroups are in use, but under a different department/talkgroup text. Is this how it displays when someone uses the GPS?

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Mystery was resolved. Yes, he updated the Database on his scanner, but never updated the main database. In addition, he was mixing Favorite Lists and Full Database. Argh!!! "Oh, that doesn't automatically update?" :mad::mad::mad:

MikeyC

Drove by the Dist. 17 HQ yesterday and it still says "District 17". The plates I've seen on a couple of ISP vehicles around here are still "17 xx" :) Yeah, I know it's only been a few weeks :)

remedy44

Premium Subscriber
Here is the recording remove the .zip

Attachments

• 130020_021_P25(TB)_BEE00.140-1.13_GC_6406.mp3.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.