StarCom21 2023 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mex

The 1-8 I have has pretty much retired I'm sure. We have the first "re-plating" sighting!

Here is a video from the traffic stop, that shows the plates
It is a facebook video, so you may need FB to watch it, sorry.
https://RockfordScanner.com ISP was in town conducting traffic control. Traffic stop near the Auburn/Rockton area. | By Rockford Scanner | Facebook
According to ISP press release on facebook the design of the ISP Car plates was changed on the cars getting new plates, so maybe this isn't a re-plating, and we just never heard the current 1-8 before.

Mex

Does anyone know if there is a diffrence between the Cook county zone 1 and zone 5 simulcasts? Like does one only have Cook County specific traffic on it, the other have state talkgroups only?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Exactly. 500 series sites are 99.9% secure and only carry CCSP, some local agencies whose talkgroups are in the 25xxx series, plus Cook County agencies like the highway department, forest preserves, etc.. 102 and 149 are for everyone else.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Exactly. 500 series sites are 99.9% secure and only carry CCSP, some local agencies whose talkgroups are in the 25xxx series, plus Cook County agencies like the highway department, forest preserves, etc.. 102 and 149 are for everyone else.
Slight clarification......

Sites 520-523 are listed in the database as MUSCOM (Iowa), no idea if they use encryption or not. Site 524 is University of Chicago (I believe that their mobiles are encrypted but their dispatch isn't).

It looks like Northwestern University's coming 800 MHz trunked system will affiliate with STARCOM21. My wild guess it that it could be the next 500-series site. Stay tuned for details!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
According to ISP press release on facebook the design of the ISP Car plates was changed on the cars getting new plates, so maybe this isn't a re-plating, and we just never heard the current 1-8 before.

The old 1-8 I had in my RID list's badge was in the 10043xx series. I'm sure he/she is long retired, but it was used and recycled as all car numbers are.

It wouldn't surprise me that the various Troops will report to the local "radio labs", receive new plates and updated radio code plugs. Some, if not most Troop 3 radios are using the old channel assignments which can cause confusion. I would expect them to update to current Patrol Sector assignments as they were previously and is listed in the database. I was told the newer issues vehicles had the new programming, but haven't seen to verify.

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
Just checking - has the new SWIT plan been approved yet, or is it still in draft form? Last I heard it was still going through the process but wasn't actually rolled out yet.

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
Statewide Interoperability Template. It will be the updated replacement for the current ITTF zones (BA, BB, etc.). It's been in process for 2 years now. I have someone asking about programming it, and I know it's getting closer, but I don't think it's ready for prime-time yet.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Statewide Interoperability Template. It will be the updated replacement for the current ITTF zones (BA, BB, etc.). It's been in process for 2 years now. I have someone asking about programming it, and I know it's getting closer, but I don't think it's ready for prime-time yet.
It's in the database, so I would "assume" its in use?

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering after looking at the plan how would you know what and how to program it to make sense

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering after looking at the plan how would you know what and how to program it to make sense
Are you asking me that question? I have them set up in their own Department with some of the other non-encrypted statewide usage talkgroups if you were.

flborror

Premium Subscriber
I apologize yes i was asking you but forgot to address it to you. Sounds interesting way to do it thanks

Mex

Question for the Troop 3 listeners, has anyone identified/know what channels are non-expressway patrols/agency assists (partically DeKalb, Boone, McHenry Counties)? I know all non ISP patrol cars are on 3-A regardless of locaiton. Kendall & Grundy calls are on 3-SW. I'd assume Boone McHenry is also 3-N, DeKalb I don't know what channels they'd be on. DeKalb used to call 15 for any ISP assistance but they haven't that in a while.

Also, does anyone know what T3 Tac channels are used for? I'm assuming its units working on Chicago streets?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Question for the Troop 3 listeners, has anyone identified/know what channels are non-expressway patrols/agency assists (partically DeKalb, Boone, McHenry Counties)? I know all non ISP patrol cars are on 3-A regardless of locaiton. Kendall & Grundy calls are on 3-SW. I'd assume Boone McHenry is also 3-N, DeKalb I don't know what channels they'd be on. DeKalb used to call 15 for any ISP assistance but they haven't that in a while.

Also, does anyone know what T3 Tac channels are used for? I'm assuming its units working on Chicago streets?

Unless they use a talkgroup that affiliates with the site in those specific counties, I don't believe anything is being used that isn't documented yet. T3-North would be the best guess if someone is looking for something specific, or they utilize a local talkgroup within those counties.

T3 Tac-1 & Tac-2 are used for specific missions that are assigned by the Troop Commander. The last couple of nights, both Tac-1 and Tac-2 have been in use and are being used for targeted enforcement. T3 Tac-3 is a patch with T3-South on those that don't have the T3-South programmed on their radios (usually outside Troops or Pool/Utility Cars).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Unless they use a talkgroup that affiliates with the site in those specific counties, I don't believe anything is being used that isn't documented yet. T3-North would be the best guess if someone is looking for something specific, or they utilize a local talkgroup within those counties.

T3 Tac-1 & Tac-2 are used for specific missions that are assigned by the Troop Commander. The last couple of nights, both Tac-1 and Tac-2 have been in use and are being used for targeted enforcement. T3 Tac-3 is a patch with T3-South on those that don't have the T3-South programmed on their radios (usually outside Troops or Pool/Utility Cars).
To add Troop 3 information here, since last week some of the newly numbered Troop 3 units, have taken the O-Ocean 300 series radio signatures. These are Troopers assigned to the SAVE Unit:

SAVE – Statewide Anti-Violence Enforcement.
SAVE unit members perform focused-based policing in problem areas by way of intense saturation using intelligence, existing technology, and leveraging ties with various local, state, and federal agencies to “laser” focus on violent criminals.

No specific pattern to this renumbering either or utilization of the updated/current Troop 3 radio signatures.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
One of the Tollway Radio Cars just performed a radio check on RID 14056, and was ID'd as 10-56. Cross checked my RID list for any 140xx series and didn't find any either on ISP or Tollway Maintenance. With all the radio signature changes, I'm wondering if the motorcycles will be using new call signs, or they will show on the dispatch console as 10-xx and continue to use "M-Mary" followed by their normal car number?

Mex

Listening to recordings, sounds like 14056 was a loaned radio to a CPD unit for the procession for a fallen officer. Primary procession ops were on North A

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Listening to recordings, sounds like 14056 was a loaned radio to a CPD unit for the procession for a fallen officer. Primary procession ops were on North A
Not sure about that. They came up on a Tollway dispatch channel around 1500 with "signal check and ID" request preceded by Radio 25, which is one of the radio lab signatures.

Usually hear that during new installs. Never seen that signature or heard it before.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
One of the Tollway Radio Cars just performed a radio check on RID 14056, and was ID'd as 10-56. Cross checked my RID list for any 140xx series and didn't find any either on ISP or Tollway Maintenance. With all the radio signature changes, I'm wondering if the motorcycles will be using new call signs, or they will show on the dispatch console as 10-xx and continue to use "M-Mary" followed by their normal car number?

Not sure about that. They came up on a Tollway dispatch channel around 1500 with "signal check and ID" request preceded by Radio 25, which is one of the radio lab signatures.

Usually hear that during new installs. Never seen that signature or heard it before.

Went through the recordings again last night to see if I could catch anything else. After replaying the original audio numerous times (said it too fast for my ears to catch this time), the RID 14056 radio check was done by Car 47 (aka 15-47). Later that night, when he went 10-7 with overtime under the "funeral detail code", checked in using RID 16424, which is not the norm or a Pool/Utility Car's signature. So after further review @Mex, you were on to something here and I'm wondering if this was a specialty vehicle in use during the funeral precession?

Status
Not open for further replies.