Starcom21 Offical thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
TG 30380

TGs 30350-30378 are McLean County (county and local agencies). I'd be leaning toward 30380 being used in McLean County but only further monitoring will tell for sure.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
During the last storms, Elgin put out the warning TG1585 showed.

Was this a voice weather warning? Were any tones transmitted? Did the transmitting agency identify themselves? Any chance this might have been a simulcast of a legacy conventional frequency (Public Works, EMA, etc.) ?

TGs 30350-30378 are McLean County (county and local agencies). I'd be leaning toward 30380 being used in McLean County but only further monitoring will tell for sure.

I heard it on the Peoria county tower. Should I try the tower in Normal and see if I hear it again. I have not heard it for a little bit.

Andover Tower

I can hear the tower from Peoria but last night it seemed like the tower went out. I got a control channel but no data. Did anybody experence this problem also?

menkes

kevino, yes it was a voice message, a legacy? I dont know for sure , yes Elgin IDed. I,m still new to SC21 system. I looked at the scanner when I heard the warning and saw TG 1585,

menkes

Today I am hearing testing on Motorola Tech 20 TG.Inside a building, boys locker room, music room, hallway by the cafeteria.????

menkes

Kane county. I have been listening to Elgin Comm College. Didnt sound like the same voices. The last I heard was " Can you hear me? Yes, loud and clear. See thats the great thing about SC, coverage of all of Chicago area, and downstate too".

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im also hearing the testing this morning on T126-Aurora of TG20 techs , saying going into "sports bar" to test signals....I may have read that Kane County was eventually going to join SCom also hopefully not ENC like Elgin....

N9JIG

Sheriff
Zone 1 Site on Wheels.

Each of the 3 Zones have a "Site on wheels", basically a radio trailer. They have a fully functional SC21 site with a pneumatic antenna tower, generator and connectivity. There is likely a cache of radios as well.

This allows them to quickly deploy a SC21 site at a disaster or event scene or replace a downed site.

Zone 1 Site on Wheels.

Each of the 3 Zones have a "Site on wheels", basically a radio trailer. They have a fully functional SC21 site with a pneumatic antenna tower, generator and connectivity. There is likely a cache of radios as well.

This allows them to quickly deploy a SC21 site at a disaster or event scene or replace a downed site.

Thank you for explaining this to me.

Bumpster17

Premium Subscriber
Starcom21 NW Central Dispatch

Hi Folks,
New to this thread. I have a Uniden BCD436hp.
I have had it for a month or so. When I first traveled into the Northwest Central Dispatch area I did hear some coms on the Fire TG's, using the preloaded database. Last night I downloaded the system from RR and while I was in the area today, didn't hear squat out of the NWCD Fire TG's except for about 3 minutes late this afternoon. I know there was activity, as I was monitoring for 30+ minutes as I was coming into the area, and BC5 from Schaumburg FD ran right past me on a call, and I didn't hear a thing. I was limiting my scanning just to the NWCD TG's, so I should not have missed anything.

Is there anything special that I have to do when I download the system from RR to my scanner?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bumpster17

Springfield IL Tower Question

Hi I wanted to know if anybody gets a data signal on 851.1125 on the Springfield tower. It seems to only happen on 2 talkgroups. But I cant remember them.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I am hearing them just fine on my 536 and 436. I created my own Favorite system with the site 149 Control freqs and set the radio to Search. I then just locked out the encrypted talkgroups.

Hi Folks,
New to this thread. I have a Uniden BCD436hp.
I have had it for a month or so. When I first traveled into the Northwest Central Dispatch area I did hear some coms on the Fire TG's, using the preloaded database. Last night I downloaded the system from RR and while I was in the area today, didn't hear squat out of the NWCD Fire TG's except for about 3 minutes late this afternoon. I know there was activity, as I was monitoring for 30+ minutes as I was coming into the area, and BC5 from Schaumburg FD ran right past me on a call, and I didn't hear a thing. I was limiting my scanning just to the NWCD TG's, so I should not have missed anything.

Is there anything special that I have to do when I download the system from RR to my scanner?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bumpster17

MikeyC

The Special Events talkgroups get used a lot when doing "extra enforcement" on certain stretches of highway. Cars from around the state will come and saturate a given stretch of road and they'll used those talkgroups. I think most recently (a couple days ago) they were doing LIDAR details on I-55 with D5 dispatch on Special Events 2A. There were a couple motor units (one from D-15) and cars from D Chicago, D5, D6, and I believe D21 involved.

The Special Events talkgroups get used a lot when doing "extra enforcement" on certain stretches of highway. Cars from around the state will come and saturate a given stretch of road and they'll used those talkgroups. I think most recently (a couple days ago) they were doing LIDAR details on I-55 with D5 dispatch on Special Events 2A. There were a couple motor units (one from D-15) and cars from D Chicago, D5, D6, and I believe D21 involved.

Thanks for explainging it to me. I did not know that. I heard it yesterday on the Springfield tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.