Stark County Ohio

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45042 Canton Fire 2. Medics went to this TG during structure fire and called it Fire 2. Submitted to database.

Maybe it's just me, but the medics I heard talking within the last 10 minutes (a couple different transmissions) sounded horrible. Either the audio was extremely low, or it was choppy. The last transmission at 10:54 PM didn't sound too bad though.

xusmarine1979

I noticed earlier that North Canton FD units were telling their dispatch that her audio was extremely low also. I've noticed it as well, especially on my SDS100.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I noticed earlier that North Canton FD units were telling their dispatch that her audio was extremely low also. I've noticed it as well, especially on my SDS100.

Some Fire stuff sounds fine; other is very low audio and hard to pick out, even with the volume up. So I concur with you.

xusmarine1979

I guess that's my only complaint about the SDS, there seems to be no feature for gain control. I've noticed a significant difference in digital audio levels compared to my GRE and RS models.

Nasby

I guess that's my only complaint about the SDS, there seems to be no feature for gain control. I've noticed a significant difference in digital audio levels compared to my GRE and RS models.

GRE / Whistler units have a superior AGC setting for digital that results in all of the user's on a system having the same audio level.

Uniden falls short in this category. There is a setting in the Sentinel software to increase / decrease the volume on individual talkgroups but it still doesn't solve the problem. But for the quiet talkgroups you can at least raise the volume a bit with this setting.

mszabo2000

Assuming they are using APX portables, it's possible the TX audio settings are incorrect. This has tripped up a few programmers in the past.

kentman

My buddy in East Rochester called me today to tell me it sounded like Quad also. We then tuned to it and heard Squad 61 talking to dispatch about problems that Squad 62 was having last night (which turned out to be some issue with the button on the radio).

45129 MOMAQUAD - Mohawk Valley JFD Radio IDs (that I've seen thus far)

So Quad EMS does sound like a winner to me for 45183.

It was Quad for sure.. Actually I think I was the one talking to them.

The Quad and Mohawk radio info may change in the near future as they switch to Marc’s and their new dispatch center. Hopefully the change over is soon.

kentman

Also, anything on the big Marc’s outage his morning. Several counties lost their commas for several hours. Data line issue?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also, anything on the big Marc’s outage his morning. Several counties lost their commas for several hours. Data line issue?

Marc's is a chain of stores in NEOH (inc Columbus), and as far as the lost of commas goes, that sounds more like a punctuation issue than a data line issue :)

Didn't notice any comms issues in Carroll Co or on the Stark Simulcast today, but my attention was often taken up by work. What counties were involved that you know of?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All,

With the flurry of activity regarding Stark County, I'm going to make this thread a sticky for now. Once things settle down it will be restored to normal.

Tom

xusmarine1979

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but does anyone know if 100% of Stark County will be using MARCS full-time? I expect some FD's to page via UHF, but just curious.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if this has been covered, but does anyone know if 100% of Stark County will be using MARCS full-time? I expect some FD's to page via UHF, but just curious.

I am not sure if everyone has switched but Canton FD/PD and Stark County Sheriff have. I have not seen or heard any local police such as Alliance or others.

Canton FD does page on MARCS, but maybe some other FD's do other band Pages

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Departments that I know will not be going to Stark Simulcast for everyday operations:

Lexington Twp.
Marlboro Twp.
Washington Twp.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

kentman

No, not many have switched over yet. Sheriff, Canton, Sarta and a few others have. Most are behind in getting their radios programmed.

jdgohus1

I would think that everyone currently on the Canton/Stark 800 system will have to move to MARCS as I heard they want to shut the Canton/Stark 800 system down at the end of the month unless that has changed. Does anyone know for sure if CenComm was one of the dispatchers getting the new console and moving to MARCS?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Doubt it is shut down by the end of the month. Still a lot of users yet to move over.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
STARK COUNTY SHERIFF GEORGE T. MAIER ANNOUNCES STARK/MARCS RIBBON CUTTING

Canton, OH - Sheriff George T. Maier will host Stark County Public Officials Monday, January 28, 2019, 1:00PM at the Stark County Safety Building at the ribbon cutting ceremony for Stark/MARCS (Multi-Agency Radio Communications System) that will enable all Stark County First Responders to communicate with each other and other first responders across the state of Ohio.

"We are proud to bring this first class technology to Stark County enabling all first responders to communicate with each other in real time," stated Sheriff Maier.