Stark County Ohio

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Posie777 -

Two suggesstions -

1. Only use the Control and Alternate frequencies for MARCS Towers. Unlike a Harris System, MARCS does not use voice frequencies as control frequencies.

Just for the sake of clarity, designated control channels in Motorola systems are used as voice channels also, except for the currently active control channel.

jdgohus1

I noticed that their is no talkgroup listed yet for Hartville fire. Do we know when they will join MARCS? Also Perry Twp fire has not moved yet. Whats the delay?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I noticed that their is no talkgroup listed yet for Hartville fire. Do we know when they will join MARCS? Also Perry Twp fire has not moved yet. Whats the delay?

Perry is getting radios programmed at this time.

No word on: Hartville, North Lawrence, Nimishillen Twp, East Sparta / Tri-Division

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I am told that the issue with more Cencom departments making the switch is Cencom itself. This come from sources at Perry Twp. Fire. I do not know the exact issue but that is what I hear.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Communications issue today at Fisher's Foods fire in Perry Twp. Four mutual aid departments, Canton Twp, Plain Twp. Massillon, and Canton City were all on MARCS and Perry Twp is still operating on UHF. The remaining Stark County departments need to get on-board with MARCS. These issues are what the system was built to eliminate.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
MVA today at Broadway & 62. Once again, communications issues between Nimishillen Twp who is not on MARCS and all of the arriving mutual aid departments who are on MARCS.

Posie777

A. Do I have this Antenna in the correct hanging position ?
Right side is pointed toward Stark County Albrecht Tower 3 miles from me. It is hooked up to the WS1065. It's doing nothing better than the original telescope antenna. UGH..This was a waste of my money. Bought and recommended from Scannermaster last week. Only Conv channels coming thru complete and clear with WS1065.
With that said…..
B. SDS200 … The CONV channel.. Noticed first 2-3 seconds of CONV transmission not coming thru on SDS.
Do I have something wrong in Sentinal settings?
Thank you.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_13444 Jun. 23 23.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_13444 Jun. 23 23.58.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 45

mszabo2000

A. Do I have this Antenna in the correct hanging position ?
Right side is pointed toward Stark County Albrecht Tower 3 miles from me. It is hooked up to the WS1065. It's doing nothing better than the original telescope antenna. UGH..This was a waste of my money. Bought and recommended from Scannermaster last week. Only Conv channels coming thru complete and clear with WS1065.
With that said…..
B. SDS200 … The CONV channel.. Noticed first 2-3 seconds of CONV transmission not coming thru on SDS.
Do I have something wrong in Sentinal settings?
Thank you.

You have the antenna pointing in the right direction but using an antenna indoors vs outdoors as intended will impact its performance. As for the WS1065 not receiving the Stark system, most older scanners cannot properly decode the CQPSK linear modulation used in simulcast systems like Stark but work fine on ASR sites which use C4FM modulation. I would use the SDS2000 for the Stark system and your WS1065 for conventional channels.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Heard traffic this morning on 45151. Sounded like parks workers, they were talking about cleaning pavilions for July 4th

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Canton fire used three TG today not regularly used, the two I submitted and EMS. Hall of Fame festival events started today so we may see some new fire, police, and service TG pop up over the next two weeks.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

jdgohus1

Volfirefighter, thanks for continually submitting info for the new system. It is appreciated! Now, can you tell me why the volume on some, not all of the dispatch consoles at the SO and Canton are so low? At times you can hardly hear them and then when the mobiles respond they are at a much higher volume. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using a SDS100 and SDS200 and it is the same on both.

mszabo2000

Volfirefighter, thanks for continually submitting info for the new system. It is appreciated! Now, can you tell me why the volume on some, not all of the dispatch consoles at the SO and Canton are so low? At times you can hardly hear them and then when the mobiles respond they are at a much higher volume. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using a SDS100 and SDS200 and it is the same on both.

Several possibilities, tech didn't set audio levels correctly, dispatcher speaks in a low voice, dispatcher doesn't speak directly into the headset mic.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
North Lawrence FD testing alot of radios with Cencom on 45138. Sounds like they are getting ready to make the switch. TG is already in the database.