Stark County Ohio

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They should have the frequencies for this. There were seven 800Mhz frequencies still in use on the old Stark System when it was shut down. This should just be a matter of buying additional repeaters.

Yep. gets costly when for each additional freq you want to add you have to multiply the number of repeaters by the number of sites in the simulcast. Ouch.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
They should have the frequencies for this. There were seven 800Mhz frequencies still in use on the old Stark System when it was shut down. This should just be a matter of buying additional repeaters.

And the necessary licenses from Motorola. You have to buy a user license for nearly every dang thing associated with the system (talkgroups, radio IDs, repeaters, channel capacity, etc).

eng64

Nimishillen FD has been doing some testing this afternoon, are they getting closer to making the switch to MARC’s full time?

xusmarine1979

And the necessary licenses from Motorola. You have to buy a user license for nearly every dang thing associated with the system (talkgroups, radio IDs, repeaters, channel capacity, etc).

Hey guys, stupid question for ya... when you all mention adding repeaters does this mean as in transmitting sites as well?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey guys, stupid question for ya... when you all mention adding repeaters does this mean as in transmitting sites as well?

If it's a simulcast cell containing 11 sites, for example, then to add a single frequency to the simulcast means one is adding an additional repeater to each of the 11 sites.

m

eng645

Hearing a lot of radio traffic on Nimishillen Twp channel this afternoon. Sounds like a fire or training going on.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Hearing a lot of radio traffic on Nimishillen Twp channel this afternoon. Sounds like a fire or training going on.

I can hope Nim is going to move but I will not hold my breath. I have just about given up on them and Hartville moving. I have no idea why they have not made the move.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I can hope Nim is going to move but I will not hold my breath. I have just about given up on them and Hartville moving. I have no idea why they have not made the move.

To quote a sign in the firehouse kitchen in the movie Backdraft: "150 years of tradition unimpeded by progress."

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider

To quote a sign in the firehouse kitchen in the movie Backdraft: "150 years of tradition unimpeded by progress."

"This is the way we have always done it" syndrome is the only explanation. It is akin to using two soup cans and a string while everyone else has IPhones.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
And yet Hartville Fire has a tower truck... when a steam engine would be just fine for that community.