Stark County Ohio

eng64

Sounds like possibleyNoth Lawrence has made the switch to the MARCS system, I heard them toned out and run a call on MARCS.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Sounds like possibley Noth Lawrence has made the switch to the MARCS system, I heard them toned out and run a call on MARCS.

They have. I have monitored several calls. This would leave the following fire departments not yet on MARCS:

Said to be Not Moving
Lexington Twp (Though I have heard TG Used)
Marlboro Twp
Washington Twp

Moving but unknown when
East Sparta / Tri-Division
Hartville
Nimishillen Twp
Perry Twp

jdgohus1

For the last few days now I have not heard OSP Canton on the Stark Marcs system. Was able to hear them before and I've made no changes at all to my SDS100, 200, and G5 software or radios. Did they go full encryption?

jdgohus1

Well disregard, I'm now hearing them. Normally they are pretty chatty but have been quiet lately

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
It's really a shame that those 3 FD's won't be going to MARCS. Does anyone know why they've decided to stay on UHF?

If you are referring to:

Lexington Twp
Marlboro Twp
Washington Twp

It is because they still respond almost 100% from home. They carry portable radios and it is not cost feasible to equip each firefighter with a $3,000 MARCS radio when UHF portables can be had for a few hundred.

You can also add Ti-Division / East Sparta to this list. While they staff for ems, fire is still volunteer.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like the Stark Co MARCS Simulcast is getting "busies". Sounds like just a few overall, but the county is wanting $370,000 more for additional repeaters to add to the simulcast for increased capacity.

Mike

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Looks like the Stark Co MARCS Simulcast is getting "busies". Sounds like just a few overall, but the county is wanting $370,000 more for additional repeaters to add to the simulcast for increased capacity.

Mike

They should have the frequencies for this. There were seven 800Mhz frequencies still in use on the old Stark System when it was shut down. This should just be a matter of buying additional repeaters.