Stark County Ohio

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Sandy Creek FD (Minerva) was testing tone-out on MARCS this evening. Previously, they had toned-out on 450 Mhz with subsequent operations on MARCS. Now, hopefully all will be on MARCS.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
45200 & 45201 active tonight on Stark Site. Sounds like some kind of event. They were talking about different gates at some event.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
45200 & 45201 active tonight on Stark Site. Sounds like some kind of event. They were talking about different gates at some event.
Hall of Fame game coming up along with Enshrinement week following so probably related. Last time I worked that event the FD Arson cops were the security there so could be them.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
45233 in use this morning presumably for something HOF related but no way to identify users.
I did not pick up that TG here on the Summit simulcast this morning, and I just checked, Stark is still roaming up here.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Smith Ambulance was recently sold to J&C Ambulance, the parent company of EMT Ambulance, Stark-Summit Ambulance, and several other private ambulance services. As a result of this sale, a couple of changes have occurred to Smith Ambulance’s radio use. Presently, they are no longer using TG 46779, which was Smith Private, for their non-911 operations. They are using Motorola Wave TLK 100 radios which operate on a 4G LTE cellular network and are consequently not monitorable on any current scanner. Tuscarawas County 911 responses are still on MARCS TG 46863.

Additionally, for Stark MARCS listeners:

Smith Dispatch, formerly located in Dover, has now been moved to J&C’s dispatch center in North Canton which dispatches for all of their ambulance services. This change means that a radio in the North Canton dispatch center is continuously tuned to the Smith 911 TG, 46863. As a reslult, this TG will always be repeated on the Stark County MARCS Simulcast.

Given EMT's stance on encryption, do not be surprised if sooner or later any remaining radio transmissions are ENC.

mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45234 -- medic 1 dispatched to 1680 Robertsville Ave. Heard Medic 1 dispatched somewhere earlier in the day on 45234

Any idea what TG 45234 is?

And, Carroll Co Fire has been heard dispatched on UHF and then communicating on TG 9993 (dellroy 2207 to stn 22, dellroy 2207 to carrollcom).
Also TG 9582 "CarrollCom, Engine 7, Engine 3, Brush 5 returning" and "CarrollCom, all Fox units back at the station and will be back in service"

And I heard Dellroy on possibly 9521.

Mike

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been hearing the traffic on 45234 as well. My current working theory is it is an alert talkgroup for Sandy Creek. It was a pretty quiet day the last time I heard something over 45234, and it seemed units were operating on Sandy Creek.

I'll have to pay closer attention to the Carroll County stuff. I know some of those were heard over the Stark site. I just assumed I hadn't updated Sentinel in a while.

N8MWY

Premium Subscriber
45234 -- medic 1 dispatched to 1680 Robertsville Ave. Heard Medic 1 dispatched somewhere earlier in the day on 45234

Any idea what TG 45234 is?

And, Carroll Co Fire has been heard dispatched on UHF and then communicating on TG 9993 (dellroy 2207 to stn 22, dellroy 2207 to carrollcom).
Also TG 9582 "CarrollCom, Engine 7, Engine 3, Brush 5 returning" and "CarrollCom, all Fox units back at the station and will be back in service"

And I heard Dellroy on possibly 9521.

Mike
I heard that Robertsville Ave. call last night but on the regular Sandy Creek dispatch talk group 45125, Minerva tower. So I’ll be monitoring 45234, thanks for the info!

Don

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
45230 was active today with snow plows. Not sure what jurisdiction. One driver mentioned finishing Hilltop Street but there are a couple Hilltops in Stark County.

StarkScanner

Im hearing Jackson Township Fire is testing out an automated dispatch system on JTFD 2 but still live dispatching on their main talkgroup probably to see what they like more. also Jackson Police have been operating on their JTPD 2 for everything not sure why....

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I posted the Jackson aotunated dispatch a couple of weeks ago on MARCS thread, probably should have posted here … with todays testing , the audio was horrible. Earlier tests, the audio was crystal clear. I’m sure they are fine tuning it. Yesterday heard a real run on the automated TG, then it was also announced traditional way.