State of Oklahoma building statewide 700 MHz system

i am only about 25 nautical miles to the east of that site so I am pretty positive its not active. I can receive troop D 700mmz traffic off the Poteau site very well. but troop C in sequoya and adair counties are patched thru to Tulsa Okwin dispatch and I hear them fine its just not digital on 44.70. Im using Discone with the whip up about 40ft for the 44.70 and DPD omni for the 700mhz traffic and they both work great, Im hoping for a OKWIN site closer to the Fort Smith AR area. interesting when traveling to Tulsa I start getting OKWIN sites just about the Muskogee turnpike exit off I-40. Thank you for your reply

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a hit on 771.70625 identifying as Durant OHP, NAC 50. The only license I see in OK on this frequency is at Lake Eufaula in Haskell County. This county is located in Troop C, however it's close enough to Troop D that it could be used for that area, plus Durant has reportedly been heard dispatching for Troop D on the 700 mhz repeaters. What is odd though is all the Troop D 700 towers are NAC 04F.

If there is anyone in that area who could plug that frequency in I would be interested in knowing what the deal is.

svrstorm

I picked up a hit on 771.70625 identifying as Durant OHP, NAC 50. The only license I see in OK on this frequency is at Lake Eufaula in Haskell County. This county is located in Troop C, however it's close enough to Troop D that it could be used for that area, plus Durant has reportedly been heard dispatching for Troop D on the 700 mhz repeaters. What is odd though is all the Troop D 700 towers are NAC 04F.

If there is anyone in that area who could plug that frequency in I would be interested in knowing what the deal is.
The lake eufaula site is on rich mountain by Quinton

n5bew1

One antenna site is only about 75 feet high and the other site is only about 150 ft. So talk out range o the higher site is about 15 miles or so. You might hear it in Moore.

nd5y

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I never will understand why the 850 band became so popular with radio systems being so close to cellular bands! I live a quarter mile away from a 3-tier cell tower that completely knocks out any OKWIN reception, even with a directional antenna! OMACS comes in just fine.

nd5y

Aug 2023 update
Some of of the recent applications were rejected because:
The State of Oklahoma application is being returned because the application has a location(s) operating with 700 MHz state license channels within 70 miles of an adjacent state border.
A concurrence letter from the adjoining state will be required that the 700 MHz state license frequencies have been coordinated and the adjoining state gives their concurrence.