State of Oklahoma building statewide 700 MHz system

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Not similar at all. MOSWIN is all trunked. The new 700 MHz sites in OK are conventional. Where is MO putting up conventional 700 MHz repeaters?

Thank you for pointing that out...in such a subtle way… It made my day.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Heard OHP today on Canton and I believe Waynoka today. I'll have to go back through logs to 100% verify everything for submission later.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Watonga NAC is $04E, don't know about TG ID's or radio ID's.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Picked up Troop E simulcasting on the Durant (Bryan) and Kiowa (Atoka) towers. Both were NAC 50.

There were other towers (Stringtown, Rattan, Clayton, & Antlers) that should have been in range but I didn't hear them. They were either not receivable from my location (Atoka/Pushmataha County line) or were not operational yet. (I was mobile)

It's nice to be able to receive OHP from my North Texas location now. I could get them mobile on low band with a 5/8 wave VHF antenna but I switched over to a Larsen tri-band several years ago and couldn't get them anymore.

Last edited:

nd5y

Bastrop1

Picked up Troop E simulcasting on the Durant (Bryan) and Kiowa (Atoka) towers. Both were NAC 50.

There were other towers (Stringtown, Rattan, Clayton, & Antlers) that should have been in range but I didn't hear them. They were either not receivable from my location (Atoka/Pushmataha County line) or were not operational yet. (I was mobile)

It's nice to be able to receive OHP from my North Texas location now. I could get them mobile on low band with a 5/8 wave VHF antenna but I switched over to a Larsen tri-band several years ago and couldn't get them anymore.
They are up.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
It's not a trunked system. It appears to be individual repeaters. Only a few have been confirmed and submitted to the database under OHP.
Oklahoma - Highway Patrol Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
The complete list is in the wiki.
Oklahoma State 700 MHz System - The RadioReference Wiki
It is still unknown at this time how many are actually on the air.

Gotcha. I guess I cant hear any of them anyway from my house unless people start talking on the Capital channels. I live just south of OKC so not sure if I would be able to hear them on that one or not.

just wanted to report last night i began hearing OHP trp.D on the Poteau/cavanal mountain site 769.75625. I live in the fort smith AR area so on the north side of the mountain about 30 miles. it was 2am and I was in bed so did not get up to look at the NAC but will work on that. I have omni X up about 40 feet. I think i am on the edge of coverage at this point however as a couple transmissions were digitally choppy and a couple were very clear so i dunno. that tower site has good elevation as I have know problem reaching 2m repeater from my location. anyway active with Delta units last night.

mshadwick

SharkMadwick
just wanted to report last night i began hearing OHP trp.D on the Poteau/cavanal mountain site 769.75625. I live in the fort smith AR area so on the north side of the mountain about 30 miles. it was 2am and I was in bed so did not get up to look at the NAC but will work on that. I have omni X up about 40 feet. I think i am on the edge of coverage at this point however as a couple transmissions were digitally choppy and a couple were very clear so i dunno. that tower site has good elevation as I have know problem reaching 2m repeater from my location. anyway active with Delta units last night.
I have been hearing it as well. The NAC on the Cavanal Tower is 4F.

Stephen

For the areas with the new 700mhz repeaters is all of the traffic carried on all repeaters or do you only hear the troopers that are in range of each specific repeater?

mshadwick

SharkMadwick
For the areas with the new 700mhz repeaters is all of the traffic carried on all repeaters or do you only hear the troopers that are in range of each specific repeater?
Only hearing traffic from troopers from troop D that are in range of the Cavanal Tower. Strange thing is that are being responded by the base in Durant which is troop E, not McAlester Troop D base.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber

Confirmed the Stringtown repeater (Atoka) is simulcasting, also with a NAC of 50.

I will likely be making a trip to Broken Bow within the next few weeks and can probably verify that one also.