Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The FAA has no authority to tell other federal agencies what to do. Just like how they do not get licensed via the FCC. Granted, they try to be cordial, and coordinate, etc.

Sent using Tapatalk

I believe the FAA regulates users of the NAS, aircraft, and airmen. While the military has their own certification processes and airspace, they are not normally exempt from complying with the FARs while operating in the NAS, nor are public aircraft flown by government agencies. I suggest you read Advisory Circular AC 00-1.1A, which outlines its authorities over Public Aircraft Operations. It basically says that public (government) aircraft "must continue to comply with the regulations applicable to all aircraft operating in the NAS." This is not optional or a courtesy. From the AC:

"e. What Oversight of PAO Does the FAA Have? The FAA has limited oversight of PAO,
though such operations must continue to comply with the regulations applicable to all aircraft
operating in the NAS. The government entity conducting the PAO is responsible for oversight of
the operation, including aircraft airworthiness and any operational requirements imposed by the
government entity. The government agency contracting for the service assumes the responsibility
for oversight of a PAO."

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_00-1_1A.pdf

Last edited:

freqhopping

NOBLE11 flight not far out. ZDC 235.625

88-1707 and 87-0201 are from Homestead as well, no longer Mountain Home.

1200- ZOMBIE57 83-0082 inbound.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Easy to see where the planes are right now. They're leaving contrails.

SAM41 squawking 4141. Had a hazy visual on it far in the distance beyond Centreville.

1449- ????-41 flight of some type with ZDC 290.425 Maybe ZAPPER VFA-81

GAF604 14+01 GL5T on the way back to Germany.

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Is anybody else having a problem with adsbexchange.com or is it just me? Tried on two computers and I'm not seeing any aircraft at all. Cleared my settings and it didn't help.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Is anybody else having a problem with adsbexchange.com or is it just me? Tried on two computers and I'm not seeing any aircraft at all. Cleared my settings and it didn't help.
No problem here currently tracking SAM41
6681aa0ced2949856aa7b48db63b573a.jpg

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

fredva

Feed Provider
Ok, thank you. Now the planes are showing up for me. I was interested in the path of SAM41 thinking there was a chance it would go over our house. But I see from the posted track that it went north of us.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Next Saturday Army - Navy game 3pm in Philly..
Going over last years log we posted was big snow storm coming in so the 5 Army Apaches
flew over stadium way early and not sure if VICTORY 11 flight of 4 F/18F's ever went up besides
going home later to Oceana. The VFA-103 F/18Fs staged at PHL airport before the game.
Long range forecast shows mostly clear and 37 degrees for next Saturday.. Good chance of snow Sunday afterwards.

Potus scheduled to be at the big game Saturday.. Assume a Philly CAP will be up.
FAA just posted TFR
http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_8_6786.html

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I did have a 506C2D mode s on 12/02

Rgr had that one as well,First on 11/29 inbound showing XAMJS then
again outbound no callsign 12/2. software says is Hawker 800XP ElitAvia
Assume Mexican owned now? Maybe part of Mexico aircraft selloff below.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adria_Airways

Speaking of sold aircraft seems Mexico has ditched their AF-1 B788 plane.
Logged this only a couple times in Maryland at end of September on Euro trip.

(0D0795) FAM1 XC-MEX B788 Mex Govt.

Now resides in Victorville Cal. Assume Boeing leased?
Maybe Middle East Country will purchase it.

https://www.airlive.net/mexico-to-sell-former-president-boeing-787-dreamliner-luxurious-plane/

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Poking around web this morning seems a new Northrop Grumman test bed on the way to Baltimore.

https://twitter.com/AirportWebcams/status/1070427767483838469

Tail is S5-AAW mode s 506C35.. Haven't logged it here yet myself.
Will become N806X eventually.

S5-AAW showing ADR8002 CRJ7 inbound Balt today 1510 local here.
Guess made it out of Iceland today.
Prob be a long time before Northrop has it where it wants for test bed use.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
2315 PM local BANKR 99 KC-10 87-0117 60th AMW Travis inbound McGuire..
Assume to work the Army Navy game this weekend.

0100am local SPUR91 KC-10 83-0075 Travis also arriving into McGuire

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
US Army Golden Knight DHC8-300 17-01609 arrived at KPHL this morning for the Army - Navy game
Joker 11 F18 (flt of 4) and Joker 21 F18 (flight of 1) arrived at KPHL for the game as well. They did passes over the stadium prior to landing.

Interesting comms when the Army aircraft was handed over to PHL approach - several other aircraft remarked "Go Army" to which the radar controller indicated to them that "this is a Navy controller". He then proceeded to tell the aircraft that they would be placed in holding patterns. Of course all in jest but funny to hear.

Terry
Villas NJ

freqhopping

Interesting comms when the Army aircraft was handed over to PHL approach - several other aircraft remarked "Go Army" to which the radar controller indicated to them that "this is a Navy controller". He then proceeded to tell the aircraft that they would be placed in holding patterns. Of course all in jest but funny to hear.

Do you know the approximate time and which frequency? That would be fun to find in the LiveATC archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.