Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
0709- Nobles working Ops (226.75) coordinating CAP details. Nobles A-A is 263.2
Heard NOBLE trying to ID contacts on 260.900 as seems ATC had 3 descending aircraft below 18k going right over Beach house
and up to Cape May all inbound PHL. Odd routing. Looks like now they have cleared that route.
Conga line getting into Philly.
0810 NOBLES push CONR-2 for radio checks.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
HF SELCAL checks are often heard over the Continental U.S. on flights where Operational Experience training is being given by a Check Airman. A lot of OE (formerly IOE) training is being conducted right now as pilots go back to work after the massive Covid cutbacks. With modern simulators most of the training required for licensing and restoring proficiency is done in the sim. The first training flight in the aircraft is done with a Check Airman in the other seat and with paying pax or cargo in the back.
Just caught tail end of aircraft working his way to FL36k says "I got a new Hire here learning the pressco system" on 129.400.
How is the wx in Dallas? When he ended transmission heard two key pad tones like DTMF phone key tones used on the railroad radios.
I'm guessing was American Airlines flight calling home base with test.

NOBLE 01,02 bugging out for home on ZDC 354.150 and NOBLE-1 says. Yeah I know nobody home on 257.700
so push 236.825.. Someday Wash Ctr will figure out that 257.700 is dead.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Just caught tail end of aircraft working his way to FL36k says "I got a new Hire here learning the pressco system" on 129.400.
How is the wx in Dallas? When he ended transmission heard two key pad tones like DTMF phone key tones used on the railroad radios.
I'm guessing was American Airlines flight calling home base with test.

NOBLE 01,02 bugging out for home on ZDC 354.150 and NOBLE-1 says. Yeah I know nobody home on 257.700
so push 236.825.. Someday Wash Ctr will figure out that 257.700 is dead.

Yes they can use DTMF on the ARINC frequencies to make a direct connection to whoever they need to talk to....any aircraft that has DTMF capability (not just American Airlines)

Some photos of air refueling for the new set of CAP fighters. Right over top of the house. One got refueled and the other turned right after close approach (as per the plan relayed over the radio to Huntress)

Terry

Attachments

• OYSTER CAP 12 28 2021A.jpg
    OYSTER CAP 12 28 2021A.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 37
  • OYSTER CAP 12 28 2021B.jpg
    OYSTER CAP 12 28 2021B.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 34

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
Yes they can use DTMF on the ARINC frequencies to make a direct connection to whoever they need to talk to....any aircraft that has DTMF capability (not just American Airlines)

Some photos of air refueling for the new set of CAP fighters. Right over top of the house. One got refueled and the other turned right after close approach (as per the plan relayed over the radio to Huntress)

Terry
Assume that is over the bay.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
No activity noted helo wise on the radio.
Yeah he might have made road trip into town there but Fox said audio was so bad they didn't want to play it.
Sure is dead time of year in that town I can tell you.That is why a few of the Major businesses moved out of town
to nearby rte 1. Joe needs some friends with a place in Florida this time of year :)

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Yeah he might have made road trip into town there but Fox said audio was so bad they didn't want to play it.
Sure is dead time of year in that town I can tell you.That is why a few of the Major businesses moved out of town
to nearby rte 1. Joe needs some friends with a place in Florida this time of year :)

Looks like it was some time on the beach.......so stayed nearby.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it was some time on the beach.......so stayed nearby.

Yes, beach visit with the new dog.

Wednesday, at 5:00pm, the President and the First Lady will travel to Wilmington, Delaware from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The motorcade from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware to Wilmington, Delaware will arrive at 6:50pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.