Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I think it was Navy RQ-4A [sic] BuNo 166510. It took off from Navy Pax River. It has possibly been modified as a testbed for the MQ-4C program at VX-20.
I thought it is one of their newer ones that they just got back from active Hawaii test rotation.
Pax River announced a while back that they were getting one of their MQ-4C's back I think from Hawaii and were gonna use
as test bed.Flightaware does show as 166510 but they may be wrong.
Maybe is MQ-4C #168460.The other was #168459
MQ-4C Triton | NAVAIR (navy.mil)
Also report this tail #166510 was shot down off Iran back in 2019.
Incident Northrop Grumman RQ-4A Global Hawk 166510, 19 Jun 2019 (aviation-safety.net)

Ranger-16 VMGR-214 KC-130J seems to be working I think in area of GW Bush tonight at FL15k.
1660701186352.png

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Somewhere around 19:00 I heard an aircraft on 121.500 twice make an announcement, describing another aircraft, location and speed, warning him he was within one mile of a restricted zone. I didn't hear any callsigns (so frustrating) and there was only the two announcements.

AirScan

Somewhere around 19:00 I heard an aircraft on 121.500 twice make an announcement, describing another aircraft, location and speed, warning him he was within one mile of a restricted zone. I didn't hear any callsigns (so frustrating) and there was only the two announcements.

What location are you hearing this from ? Your location is listed as Knoxville, is this correct ?

AirScan

Washington, DC.....

Might have been N8903Y ? At 1844 they were about to enter the SFRA without a discrete squawk code. He turned right away which might explain why you only heard 2 calls. I didn't hear anything on the 121.500 archives though. Are you sure it was another aircraft calling, or a ground station ?

SFRA.jpg

Maybe someone needs to review the SFRA Rules.

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
TIGER 11 flight of three B-2s FL330 block 340 non-standard within 3 (nautical miles) passing me in Kentucky, probably eastbound, talking air to air on 341.75 at 10:30 am EDT.

They mention planned arrival in the airspace at 1600Z (12 noon EDT) and say that HUNTRESS (maybe, not sure) wants an updated time when they arrive.

Talking with Center on 269.625 at 10:45 am EDT.

Last edited:

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
A quick shot from Ft. McNair tonight. Managed to catch a controller helping Marine One lift which was a neat angle I don't get to see at the White House.

View attachment 126157

Thanks for sharing this picture. (y)

From the attire, I presume that the marshaller is a Secret Service Special Agent. Is there normally a visible marshaller for the South Lawn departures?

PenguinSix

Thanks for sharing this picture. (y)

From the attire, I presume that the marshaller is a Secret Service Special Agent. Is there normally a visible marshaller for the South Lawn departures?
I was kind of thinking she was a Marine but wasn't sure. She did have a mic in her sleeve, but I thought I also saw a second lapel pin which I thought might be Marine Corps.

I don't know if there is a marshaller at the White House as I thought they had some sort of electronic system with a lighting setup or something, but maybe there is one I just can't see.

Here is the full video on my second channel from yesterday's helicopter operations. Minute 8:20 is liftoff.

Raw Video: Marine One and decoy at Fort McNair

AirScan

TIGER 11 flight of three B-2s FL330 block 340 non-standard within 3 (nautical miles) passing me in Kentucky, probably eastbound, talking air to air on 341.75 at 10:30 am EDT.

1156- TIGER 11 checking on with JTAC Barkeater 244.500, cleared onto the Ft. Drum Range. The ACY F-16s DEVIL and SATAN had just vacated the range and landed at GTB about 10 minutes before the arrival of the B-2s. There was also some BTV F-35s PISTOL flight in Viper before the F-16s. Busy day in northern NY.

Last edited:

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
I was kind of thinking she was a Marine but wasn't sure. She did have a mic in her sleeve, but I thought I also saw a second lapel pin which I thought might be Marine Corps.

I agree that the second lapel pin isn't normally seen on a Secret Service Agent in my limited observation.

Great video as usual P6 (y), she does indeed talk into her wrist mic just before giving the church cantor signal for MARINE ONE to lift off.

MARINE ONE Marshaller.jpgMARINE ONE Marshaller 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.