Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
Just my WAG. Any chance this was around 10pm local ? There were a couple of Qatar A350s flying by the area. Could it be Arabic ?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the time was 8:56 am EDT. I don't think it is Arabic, I can understand some and my wife is fluent, let me ask her to listen again.

Thanks for taking a look. (y)

Hbright

So Pelosi's CODEL departed Sharm el Sheikh on BOXER44 C-40C 02-0202 (the aircraft that they'd been using for the trip, which overnighted in Aqaba, Jordan as a safer location than Egypt). They flew SSH-SNN (Shannon, Ire) where SAM626 C-37B 18-1942 picked up Pelosi and continued to ADW. Unclear if the rest of the CODEL continued with her, but I doubt it because I don't think they could all fit on a G550. BOXER44 is still at Shannon. Maybe they had crew rest flight limitations and Pelosi needed to get back before they would be able to fly again?

mdmonitor

These F-35I deliveries to Israel had me thinking of a clip I recorded last year on one of the VHF flight test frequencies. I've been told that the language is Hebrew and the pilots are talking about the layover hotel and aircraft starter generators. Most of the legacy large planes use a pneumatic engine starter and a separate electrical generator. But, I'm told that some new aircraft, both airliners and fighters, use starter generators.

Anybody understand what these guys are talking about? Are they civilian or military? I didn't see El Al or any other likely suspects in the area at the time.

The Hebrew clip from May 2, 2021 on 123.475 is attached below.
Bill

It's definitely Hebrew. I know a little "travel Hebrew" and was able to pick out some phrases. Heard a couple of numbers, & also heard the terms "late checkout" & "Courtyard"

Last edited:

mdmonitor

VIP Movement Summary (does not include POTUS, VPOTUS, FLOTUS travel)

DATE: 11 Nov

SAM 566 (C-37 # 97-0400) ADW-???(tracking stopped south of Memphis)
SAM 504 (C-37 # 06-0500) ADW-Lubbock TX
SAM 154 (C-40-# 01-0041) Hickam-MacDill AFB-ADW
Coast Guard 101 (C-37 # 01) DCA-Rochester NY-DCA
Navy 100 (C-37 # 166376) Teterboro NJ-ADW

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I heard back from Albert. It is a technical issue he is working on.

Terry

Just FYI - received an email early this morning from Albert that most of the site is operational again. A few things may not be working but feeding data and the display of same is working as I just checked.

Terry

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI - received an email early this morning from Albert that most of the site is operational again. A few things may not be working but feeding data and the display of same is working as I just checked.
Terry
That is good news.. However the guy who runs that Dreamland Resort website having FBI problems.

George Knapp on Twitter: "FBI agents came down hard on the operator of a popular website devoted to all things Area 51--its programs, lore, and legacy. More than a dozen agents served a no-knock warrant on the Rachel, NV home of Joerg Arnu, owner of https://t.co/CbZNzU6rLW...(more)" / Twitter

A Space X rocket goes up in a half hour from Florida.
Live: SpaceX launches a Falcon 9 booster into retirement - YouTube

RCH-3227 C-17 inbound Andrews,more Potus support gear.. 37 pax,4 Rolling stock,crew of 7.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

Guys,

Ran across this while Googling for VHF test freqs. Thought some of you might be interested

On the subject of test freqs, does anyone have some VHF flight test freqs used in our area? I know 123.2 is used by the NTPS.

Last edited:

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
That is good news.. However the guy who runs that Dreamland Resort website having FBI problems.

Here is Jeorg Arnu's DreamlandResort.com post about the raid a few days ago:

Ok, I have regained control over my assets and the DLR [Dreamland Resort - Bill] web site. So here goes, in case anyone is curious: Last Thursday very early in the morning my homes in Rachel and in Vegas were searched by a combined team of FBI and AF OSI. I will spare you the details but it got quite tense and humiliating for me in Rachel and for my girlfriend in Vegas. All my laptops, phones, memory sticks, cameras, drone and other items were seized. When it was all over I was left in Rachel with two broken doors, broken furniture inside the house and zero means to communicate. Our Vegas home fared a little better, with only a broken front door and torn down blinds. Each location saw at least 15-20 agents rummaging through our homes and about 8 vehicles. Needless to say it was a spectacle for curious neighbors, both in Rachel and in Vegas. In the process I lost ALL my data, medical files, financial and tax records, passwords, everything. On top of that I am stuck with thousands in cost for repairs and replacement of the most essential electronics and expected legal fees. I will speak with an attorney tomorrow about how to proceed. To the best of my knowledge I have not broken the law. The search warrants are not very specific but aerial photos of Area 51 and other installations came up repeatedly. So I have taken those down for now to defuse the situation.

"Why am I sharing this? First, I want to avoid any more speculation. And secondly I am concerned that overzealous government agents may use bogus charges against me to "send a message." Putting the truth out there can not hurt. Thanks for listening. I will not respond to personal emails or posts in this matter.

I'm not a privacy lawyer from the FBI (although one of my kids literally is) but it sounds to me like they are going after Jeorg for his photo expeditions posted on the Dreamland Resort site.

18 U.S. Code §795 - Photographing and sketching defense installations

(a) Whenever, in the interests of national defense, the President defines certain vital military and naval installations or equipment as requiring protection against the general dissemination of information relative thereto, it shall be unlawful to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map, or graphical representation of such vital military and naval installations or equipment without first obtaining permission of the commanding officer of the military or naval post, camp, or station, or naval vessels, military and naval aircraft, and any separate military or naval command concerned, or higher authority, and promptly submitting the product obtained to such commanding officer or higher authority for censorship or such other action as he may deem necessary.

(b) Whoever violates this section shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 737; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Area 51 sign (Custom).jpg
Dreamland Flight Picture.jpg

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

Yeah sometimes it is better just to not report everything you see or hear.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Here is Jeorg Arnu's DreamlandResort.com post about the raid a few days ago:

I'm not a privacy lawyer from the FBI (although one of my kids literally is) but it sounds to me like they are going after Jeorg for his photo expeditions posted on the Dreamland Resort site.

View attachment 130920
View attachment 130921

There is always a possiblity that a foreign government is using his data (unbeknownest to him) that ties in with something that the DOD is investigating. That is why everything has come back into his possession and he is not in jail. The reason for the no-knock warrant could have been so that the foreign government did not know what was coming. If he knew in advance they were coming - so would the foreign government.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah sometimes it is better just to not report everything you see or hear.
Some places more than others.. Those guys in UK set up camera platforms to watch Lakenheath jets come and go with no problems.
Course you had those Chinese Nationals strolling down Key West NAS beach popping photos so they got flagged for that.
Pick your targets carefully :)

11:18 local DRAGO-51 holding at Swann on Pot apch 317.425.
Getting some weak A/A coms on 227.400

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Some places more than others.. Those guys in UK set up camera platforms to watch Lakenheath jets come and go with no problems.
Course you had those Chinese Nationals strolling down Key West NAS beach popping photos so they got flagged for that.
Pick your targets carefully :)

11:18 local DRAGO-51 holding at Swann on Pot apch 317.425.

I used to have a friend who knew information that was useful for my monitoring. I would ask questions and he would either answer or smile / laugh about an answer. The closer I got to the good information the more he would smile or laugh. I always stopped asking questions when he stopped smiling or laughing. As hobbyists - we have to remember for us, this is fun - for those we are listening to or watching, it is their job and sometimes they have to sacrifice their lives to honor the oath and country they swore allegiance to ..... and for that, we thank all our veterans and those currently serving to protect all of us.

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
On the subject of test freqs, does anyone have some VHF flight test freqs used in our area? I know 123.2 is used by the NTPS.

Here's a cite on the FCC allocated VHF flight test freqs. I don't think I've ever heard actual flight tests on them here in Kentucky. However, jsoergel and I have heard flight tests, possibly out of Wright-Patterson AFB, on other VHF frequencies recently.

Flight Test VHF 2.jpgFlight Test VHF.jpg

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Guys,

Ran across this while Googling for VHF test freqs. Thought some of you might be interested

Boeing in Ridley Park PA that test flies the CH47 and V22 usually use 123.200, 123.250, 123.425, 267.200, 321.700 and 49.80 FM

Wednesday they had two flight tests active V22 at Millvile and CH47 at Summit Aviation. So they were using 123.200 and 123.250 for air to air and air/ground. Primary arrival and departure frequencies with Boeing Tower are 123.250 and 267.200

Status
Not open for further replies.