Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza0768

Hi
In New Zealand I have found a couple of repeaters in my area that transmit DMR.
This is a strange setup as its only 1 frequency with a DMR TIER 3 format.
It has 1 frequency and when its not in use it has no data flow, its just dead.
When a user keys up the repeater it activates a TGID 9999 and the same frequency is then activated for chatting as if its a dmrt1 or dmrt2.
My full understanding is DMRT3 is for trunking but this frequency is not for trunking.
There are no control channels whatsoever for this repeater site, just a few analog and a couple of one frequency DMR channels and this weird one frequency DMR TIER 3 channel.

Has anyone seen this before?
The repeater details are 'TAIT TB7300 SLIMLINE DMR BASE STATION/REPEATER'. This has only 1 frequency programmed being 164.1625 and is formatted as DMRT3 but acts as a standard DMR TIER 2.

Yes I have searched for the control channel that doesn't exist.

This seems like a custom setup that a radio company has created for their customer.

Z-master

I just looked at RSM, I assume it's the Ashley Comms site at Trig L? I've seen this once before when I lived in the Waikato before and it was dsdplus not decoding correctly - my decoding window had a few errors in it, but it was still fine for listening. I had a crappy aerial system so it was my fault.

dazza0768

I just looked at RSM, I assume it's the Ashley Comms site at Trig L? I've seen this once before when I lived in the Waikato before and it was dsdplus not decoding correctly - my decoding window had a few errors in it, but it was still fine for listening. I had a crappy aerial system so it was my fault.
Yeah thats right, I was keeping company names out of it.
Seems to be a custom setup as T3 but acts like T2.
Very weird and very annoying.

Z-master

I mean this is more focussed on Americans, so I don't think it matters... wouldn't matter anyway, noone would care. I'm coming through between Wednesday and Friday so I'll have a look as well.

dazza0768

I assume it still decodes ok and you can listen fine though? or are you not getting any audio which is the part that makes it annoying?
Audio is fine if programmed as conventional but can't program tgid etc.
There's also another one being 164.9125 on Dalgety.
The radio company refused to comment.

Also it pays to try, someone may know.

Z-master

I went and picked up my work car today in Timaru that was at the Doctors, I took down laptop and USDS100 - certainly seems to think it's Tier3.
If you're using a newer uniden scanner, if you program it as a DMR One Frequency system, then you should be able to program the TGID and stuff, and still be able to listen fine. I'm really not sure what type of system theirs is, like you say there wasn't a control channel - Unless it's tier3 that's fallen back to single site operation when the site controller went offline for whatever reason.

According to both radios, I sawTG 9999 which sounded like an ag contractor on TS2, and TG3999 on TS1 - maybe a farm?

dazza0768

I went and picked up my work car today in Timaru that was at the Doctors, I took down laptop and USDS100 - certainly seems to think it's Tier3.
If you're using a newer uniden scanner, if you program it as a DMR One Frequency system, then you should be able to program the TGID and stuff, and still be able to listen fine. I'm really not sure what type of system theirs is, like you say there wasn't a control channel - Unless it's tier3 that's fallen back to single site operation when the site controller went offline for whatever reason.

According to both radios, I sawTG 9999 which sounded like an ag contractor on TS2, and TG3999 on TS1 - maybe a farm?
Correct mate.
Unfortunately OFT systems in New uniden like my USDS100 don't hear any transmissions unless its DMR only. Because its T3 it doesn't hear it.

Its not interesting being AG and farming haha thats why I won't listen to it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.