SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

FR33MAN

Hello, I have a very large database with the issi and gssi renamed after several years in TTT and I am very happy for this laborious work, my question is do we have a way for the Tetra Net Monitor TNM to use that database now renamed or could you make a little software to convert that file structure to TNM?

Would it be possible?

I would be glad if you give me a solution.

Thank

thewraith2008

Hello, I have a very large database with the issi and gssi renamed after several years in TTT and I am very happy for this laborious work, my question is do we have a way for the Tetra Net Monitor TNM to use that database now renamed or could you make a little software to convert that file structure to TNM?

Would it be possible?

I would be glad if you give me a solution.
I could probably whip up something basic, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it anytime soon.
I just have other things I'd rather be doing right now.

Latest version (v1.8.6.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

jomeg0

Hi [B]thewraith2008[/B] one question. Is it possible to still listen to the normal Tetra conversation when DMO is chosen? Tetra Demodulator works like a charm, but till now I have not been able to listen to any DMO activity. When I select DMO together with Demodulator I can't hear any voice activity. Is DMO on the same frequencies as Tetra or do I have to look for a separate frequency for this DMO communication?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Screen Shot 02-11-22 at 09.13 PM_LI.jpg

thewraith2008

Hi @thewraith2008 one question. Is it possible to still listen to the normal Tetra conversation when DMO is chosen? Tetra Demodulator works like a charm, but till now I have not been able to listen to any DMO activity. When I select DMO together with Demodulator I can't hear any voice activity. Is DMO on the same frequencies as Tetra or do I have to look for a separate frequency for this DMO communication?

Thanks a lot for any help.
No, You can only monitor one TETRA signal type (TMO or DMO) at a time with the TETRA Demodulater plug-in.

This doesn't stop you running two SDR#s, one SDR# in TMO and a second SDR# as DMO.
- There is no call control over each SDR# instance when run like this, so you can get activity occurring at same time.

You need a DMO signal for DMO to work and it does not look like you are seeing a DMO signal going by your waterfall.
DMO is more a pulsed signal since not all timeslot are transmitted. (some TMO voice carriers can be like this too)

Release post here

oz1jua

The DMO Frequency for TETRA AIRWAVE in UK is:
390.0125 380.0125 DMO 001 EMS TETRA AIRWAVE DIRECT MODE NATIONAL USAGE
390.0375 380.0375 DMO 002 EMS TETRA AIRWAVE DIRECT MODE NATIONAL USAGE
390.0625 380.0625 DMO 003 EMS TETRA AIRWAVE DIRECT MODE NATIONAL USAGE
390.0875 380.0875 DMO 004 EMS TETRA AIRWAVE DIRECT MODE NATIONAL USAGE
390.1125 380.1125 DMO 005 EMS TETRA AIRWAVE DIRECT MODE NATIONAL USAGE
390.1375 380.1375 DMO 006 EMS TETRA AIRWAVE DIRECT MODE NATIONAL USAGE

Germany Emergency services use 406 - 410 Mhz for DMO.

All Radio in Europe has standard thise DMO unencrypted groups for Emergency services.
Name Talkgroup Frequency MCC MNC
EURO 1 16777215 380.01250 1023 16383
EURO 2 16777215 380.03750 1023 16383
EURO 3 16777215 380.06250 1023 16383
EURO 4 16777215 380.11250 1023 16383
EURO 5 16777215 380.13750 1023 16383
EURO 6 16777215 390.01250 1023 16383
EURO 7 16777215 390.03750 1023 16383
EURO 8 16777215 390.06250 1023 16383
EURO 9 16777215 390.11250 1023 16383
EURO 10 16777215 390.13750 1023 16383

But DMO can be on any Frequency. I have even seen radios with DMO Frequency that was not legal to use.
It has such poor range that one has to be very close to listen to it. Even some PMR446 radios can have longer range.
Also DMO has some Called DMO Gateway and DMO Repeater to extend range.
DMO Gateway is used to connect DMO to a TMO Group. But this do not always work correct in Tetra Demodulator.
DMO Repeater is working fine in Tetra Demodulator and this give a lot better range. Allmost like in TMO.
Hope this help to understand DMO.

jomeg0

Many thanks to both users for this reply, helps a lot. With this information I think there is not much DMO usage in my region. Not really a problem, enough TMO activities around here, but I was wondering if maybe I'm missing some voice activities on DMO.

Thanks again!

petermaxu

when program is started and recording option is selected from the beginning, the program freeze, when recording a transmisson is started!
as a workaround i have to deselect record, wait for a transmission, then select recording again. now recording works.
Can you please fix it?

petermaxu

can the program change to record with more than one virtual audio cables?
so more than one channel with several sdr# instances can record without disturbing each other?

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008
Hello, I have a question, is it possible to activate this option to record the selected GSSI?
View attachment 117062
To add a GSSIs to the listbox (which is used by 'Record select GSSIs'), type in the GSSI into the field (textbox) and press enter.
The field (textbox) is the box under the label 'Delete forced ended call'.
NOTE: The tooltips (for listbox and textbox) describe how to use

when program is started and recording option is selected from the beginning, the program freeze, when recording a transmisson is started!
as a workaround i have to deselect record, wait for a transmission, then select recording again. now recording works.
Can you please fix it?
No, this affects a small percentage of people and not enough information has been provided by those who see this issue to reproduce it (by me) and help track down the cause of the crash.

can the program change to record with more than one virtual audio cables?
so more than one channel with several sdr# instances can record without disturbing each other?
The implemented recording feature only a simple one.
It will only record from the set system default record device.

Release post here

Marsrr

Hello,
Sorry if this has been asked before, I could not find it.
I receive latitude and longitude details in dmo mode. They appear in the ‘normal‘ “Network info“ window, but not in the “Tetra trunk tracker window”, which seems logical, since it is dmo and not tmo. But I would like to project the position details on a map in LRRP. Is there a way to do this when they are received in dmo mode? I tried, but no success till now.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Mars
btw: @thewraith2008 , thank you for this very nice software for our hobby.

mikewess

Hello
Is there away for TTT to follow different control channel when the signal drops out for example if you're driving around and signal on a specific cc is no longer available can TTT auto tune to the next available cc . The way I do it is manually select cc on SDR# and keep on retuning as I drive along (Multiple stops of course). What am I doing wrong?
Many Thanks
To add a GSSIs to the listbox (which is used by 'Record select GSSIs'), type in the GSSI into the field (textbox) and press enter.
The field (textbox) is the box under the label 'Delete forced ended call'.
NOTE: The tooltips (for listbox and textbox) describe how to use

No, this affects a small percentage of people and not enough information has been provided by those who see this issue to reproduce it (by me) and help track down the cause of the crash.

The implemented recording feature only a simple one.
It will only record from the set system default record device.

Release post here

Ubbe

What am I doing wrong?
I use the Frequency Scanner plugin. It starts to scan the frequency range until it finds a signal and then TTT will change frequency to the control channel if it can decode a tetra signal. As soon as the signal drops it starts to scan again. You can set levels and delay to suit your own needs.

/Ubbe

hamradionl

Hello
Is there away for TTT to follow different control channel when the signal drops out for example if you're driving around and signal on a specific cc is no longer available can TTT auto tune to the next available cc . The way I do it is manually select cc on SDR# and keep on retuning as I drive along (Multiple stops of course). What am I doing wrong?
Many Thanks
Multi VFO plugin

mikewess

I use the Frequency Scanner plugin. It starts to scan the frequency range until it finds a signal and then TTT will change frequency to the control channel if it can decode a tetra signal. As soon as the signal drops it starts to scan again. You can set levels and delay to suit your own needs.

/Ubbe
Thanks for your reply will try that

thewraith2008

Hello,
Sorry if this has been asked before, I could not find it.
I receive latitude and longitude details in dmo mode. They appear in the ‘normal‘ “Network info“ window, but not in the “Tetra trunk tracker window”, which seems logical, since it is dmo and not tmo. But I would like to project the position details on a map in LRRP. Is there a way to do this when they are received in dmo mode? I tried, but no success till now.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Mars
btw: @thewraith2008 , thank you for this very nice software for our hobby.
TTT was never meant to work with DMO, DMO is not trunking and does not require any call control.
It's been awhile since I've looked at the code but I think none of the DMO PDUs are passed to TTT for it to be able to process them.

Release post here