SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

oe5kbo

hallo friends in the cummunity !

A question if a Tetra Signal in uplink mode is this every 5 10 ore 15 seconds ?????? that the Transceiver is logged in.

Next question is the uplink Signal this is only a fast impuls correct ???? To see better by a Spectrum Analyser ore by a SDR Software ????

This very fast Impuls from a uplink Signal where is this the best to see ??? thanks for Discussion

hamradionl

TTT was never meant to work with DMO, DMO is not trunking and does not require any call control.
It's been awhile since I've looked at the code but I think none of the DMO PDUs are passed to TTT for it to be able to process them.
Network use in the uplink the gps position info. The decoder and TTT or differ programs
Within de decoder the OP ask if possible to show these SDS messages in the decoder Network window so he is able to copy and past them into google maps or make possible a software link, so LRRP show on google map.

Ubbe

A question if a Tetra Signal in uplink mode is this every 5 10 ore 15 seconds ?????? that the Transceiver is logged in.
It will send a "I am alive" message maybe each 10-20 minutes or when the system asks for it after maybe 2-4 hours of not receiving anything from a radio and if no answer it will log out that radio from the system.
Next question is the uplink Signal this is only a fast impuls correct ???? To see better by a Spectrum Analyser ore by a SDR Software ????
It will only transmit in one of the four timeslots and I think it will be something like a 15mS transmission and then a pause for 45mS and then the next 15mS transmission and will continue like that as long as the transmit button are held in or as long as a message needs to send all its info. A GPS position can be sent using only one single 15mS pulse, but there will probably be at least two pulses as the radio first needs to get an acknowledge that it is allowed to transmit at that time at that site. A tetra radio are never allowed to transmit "in the blind" on TMO system channels and always needs to be acknowledged by the system.

GPS positions can be programmed in the radio to be sent at different intervals. If the radio is not moving it might send a position each 20 minutes and while a vehicle is moving each 20 sec. The dispatcher can also send configuration data to the radio so it will send positions continuosly in an emergency situation and will usually also be done by the radio itself if the radio user push his emergency button.

This very fast Impuls from a uplink Signal where is this the best to see ??? thanks for Discussion
I can hear the signal with a standard Uniden scanner like a BC346XT but SDS scanners squelch work differently and cannot be used. SDR# should be able to see the pulses. I see a lot of 433Mhz pulses that are very short so should work ok.

/Ubbe

Marco192

Hi guys! I am trying to setup TTT on a Win10 laptop.
I have a very strange problem with recording calls:

- when recording is ON and a call comes in, TTT crashes! It does not show the call, or any message, it just stops responding
- when recording is set to OFF everything is working OK
- IF I start TTT with recording OFF and the I turn the recording ON - TTT does not crash. Instead, when a call comes in, I get the message "#8: All wave devices that can record files ... are in use ...". In this case there is an empty audio file created

I have tried different audio outputs and different audio settings to no result. ,
Latest TTT, SDR# 1700, Win10 that are updated.

Any help is welcome! Thanks!

thewraith2008

Hi guys! I am trying to setup TTT on a Win10 laptop.
I have a very strange problem with recording calls:

- when recording is ON and a call comes in, TTT crashes! It does not show the call, or any message, it just stops responding
- when recording is set to OFF everything is working OK
- IF I start TTT with recording OFF and the I turn the recording ON - TTT does not crash. Instead, when a call comes in, I get the message "#8: All wave devices that can record files ... are in use ...". In this case there is an empty audio file created

I have tried different audio outputs and different audio settings to no result. ,
Latest TTT, SDR# 1700, Win10 that are updated.

Any help is welcome! Thanks!
This affects a small percentage of people and not enough information has been provided by those who see this issue to reproduce it (by me) and help track down the cause of the crash.

Are you using the PC directly or are use using PC via something like RDP/RDC, Team viewer, TightVNCViewer?

Latest version (v1.8.6.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

Marco192

Are you using the PC directly or are use using PC via something like RDP/RDC, Team viewer, TightVNCViewer?

I am using the PC in question directly. (there is chrome remote desktop installed, but not in use)
To answer @Ubbe, I am using method #2. I have tried using two different versions of virtual cables with same result.

Just now I did make some progress regarding the following issue:
" IF I start TTT with recording OFF and the I turn the recording ON - TTT does not crash. Instead, when a call comes in, I get the message "#8: All wave devices that can record files ... are in use ...". In this case there is an empty audio file created"

If I start TTT using "run as administrator " option in windows, then I CAN record calls, and there is no error message.
I figured that this is somehow related to Win10 permissions and allowing apps access to sound devices (microphone).

However ... there first needs to be at least one call with recording set to OFF. After that I can turn on the recording and everything is working ok.
If I turn on the recording option without any calls received, then the program stops responding and crashes.

thewraith2008

Certainly a strange problem, even stranger that I can't seem to trap the error and handle it.
Not sure if this is only a problem with some laptops (internal sound devices?) or if it's Windows and some of it's ridiculous policies.

I don't use Win10/11 but I do have access to a PC with Win10.
TTT ran OK on it and I didn't have any problems recording when I used to run TTT on it.

This is what I see in Win10 Settings>Privacy>Microphone:
- Microphone access for this device is ON
- Allow apps to access your microphone = ON
- Allow desktop apps to access your microphone = ON
tetra_trunk_track.exe is in the list on programs that have used it. (which is odd since it doesn't use the microphone)

Release post here

Ubbe

I have had access problems with different programs when installed in the default Programs or Program(x86) folders and now try to to select to install new programs on my D: drive. My different sdrsharp folders with different versions are directly on the D: drive. SDR# and TTT isn't really installed into Windows registry, they have their own files and their folders can be moved anywhere.

Some weeks ago I suddenly cannot get the weather balloon decoder to access the line in audio. The ini file with the settings doesn't store the setting selected for the audio and always show none. The permission are always forced to read only for that ini file even if I changed it or have the program create a new file or if I run in administrator mode. I will have to reinstall that program to the D: drive and see what happens. DSDPlus are on the D: drive and can still use the line in audio.

/Ubbe

Marco192

Certainly a strange problem, even stranger that I can't seem to trap the error and handle it.
Not sure if this is only a problem with some laptops (internal sound devices?) or if it's Windows and some of it's ridiculous policies.

I don't use Win10/11 but I do have access to a PC with Win10.
TTT ran OK on it and I didn't have any problems recording when I used to run TTT on it.

This is what I see in Win10 Settings>Privacy>Microphone:
- Microphone access for this device is ON
- Allow apps to access your microphone = ON
- Allow desktop apps to access your microphone = ON
tetra_trunk_track.exe is in the list on programs that have used it. (which is odd since it doesn't use the microphone)

Exactly the same Win10 privacy settings in my case.

I have been trying to find the problem myself. Using an older version of TTT showed exactly the same behavior.
What was positive is that I installed it on my desktop computer, also running win10, and I was able to run use TTT and recording function normally. At first there were similar crashes but after a clean install it is working as it should. That would seem to indicate that there is a problem between TTT and the internal sound device of the laptop ... as you assumed.

I will try what Ubbe suggested ... I will try to run SDRsharp and TTT from a different drive on my laptop

mikewess

Hello friends

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off end of transmission tone (TTT generated tone that sounds after every transmission). Thanks

FR33MAN

Hello again, as you know I love the work of TTT and TNM that you have done and I use it 24/7, have I ever asked how I can improve the agility of the TTT in its slots.
When I use the TTT I observe that when a conversation ends in slot 2 and I see that there is another in slot 4, it does not happen automatically, however when I use only the TTT plugin, it happens instantly even if the conversation is halfway, with TTT it does not It changes me even when slot two ends and slot 4 begins after 4 seconds, it does not pass, it will do so when more time is spent releasing slot 2.

Is there any setting to improve that?

Another question is that in Spain it does not show the positions, but using telelive it does show the positions for me.

It says unknown protocol, do you need an IQ for you to see or study that protocol used?

A greeting and Thanks forward.

thewraith2008

Hello again, as you know I love the work of TTT and TNM that you have done and I use it 24/7, have I ever asked how I can improve the agility of the TTT in its slots.
When I use the TTT I observe that when a conversation ends in slot 2 and I see that there is another in slot 4, it does not happen automatically, however when I use only the TTT plugin, it happens instantly even if the conversation is halfway, with TTT it does not It changes me even when slot two ends and slot 4 begins after 4 seconds, it does not pass, it will do so when more time is spent releasing slot 2.

Is there any setting to improve that?
TTT uses the call grants to set-up new calls, if these grants are not seen after a call you where just listening to ends (and returns to MCCH), then it won't set-up the late entry call set-up.

Private calls only sends grants at time of call set-up as there is no need for late entry grants when only 2 MS are part of call.
The MS's are either present to take part in call or they are not and the call is not set-up.

I think group calls can sometimes be configured like this where no late entry PDUs exist.

The reason the plug-in works standalone straight away is because it's slot selection decision making is based on voice activity of the slot.

Another question is that in Spain it does not show the positions, but using telelive it does show the positions for me.
From memory, Telive does not decode location PDUs.
What it is showing you is most likely the BS to MS request for location.

This is what Telive will show:
Code:
D-SDS DATACPTI:1 CalledSSI:xxxxxxx CallingSSI:xxxxxx CallingEXT:0  UserData4: len:9 protoid:0A(Location information protocol) LIP:[LONG PDU TYPE 1 Immediate location report request (not implemented yet)]sq5bpf

Most networks that use location data will be set-up to only return the MS response (location) via uplink.

It says unknown protocol, do you need an IQ for you to see or study that protocol used?
What program is saying unknown protocol, TTT/TETRA Demodulator or Telive?
If TTT/TETRA Demodulator is saying it's a unknown protocol then you can be sure it's unknown.
You can send a IQ sample and I can look at it, but if it is indeed unknown I will not be able to do anything about it.

Release post here

sky104

Hello.

I would like to start thanking you, thewraith2008, for your amazing work with this project.

Is there any update regarding the direct mode DM-GATE functionality?

At the moment, the AUTO mode only works if the call is on timeslot 1 (as indicated in the changelog documentation). If the call is on any of the other slots, I have to select them manually.

Everything else works fine. The SDS messages, GSSI and ISSI are correct; the NDB1 and NDB2 bursts are also showing the correct timeslot for the call and the timeslot being used is red colored on the plug-in.

I know you already said that you are not actively developing this project anymore, but if you could have a look into that, I would be really grateful.

I can give you more details or IQ sample if you need.

Thank you very much for all your work so far!!

thewraith2008

The DM-GATE functionality was never developed past detecting it and processing only what is seen in the beacon bursts.
I never saw any DMO here and what I had (IQ files) was supplied by TTT users. (which in this case was only the beacon signal).

If you see active DM-GATE system, then you could IF bandwidth IQ record it and send me a PM with a link to the files(s).
I can't guarantee anything will come of it as they are other things I'm currently into.

Release post here

sky104

Hi again,

Thanks for the information.

I can send you the IQ so you can have a look without any compromise.

I cannot send you a PM because it says that I don't have permission to do that (maybe because I am a new user).
Could you please send me a PM first so I can reply with the links?

Many thanks again!

DarkAngelT

@thewraith2008

I would like to inform you of a bug in this version that didn't happen in other versions.
I use TTT on Windows 10 x64 in dual mode.
I open both SDRs and when I start TTT it starts only one of the SDRs.
I always need to close TTT and open it again so that it recognizes the two SDR windows.
Other than that, the program is working perfectly for me!