SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

oe5kbo

ICH habe ein Problem warum arbeitet bei mir der TTT nicht, habe ich in das falsche Verzeichnis kopiert oder wie geht das, wer kann mir zum Erfolg helfen danke. CC-TCP Fehler
1640813769243.png

ET-NL

Goodmorning all,

Question, one of the users on the network I monitor is using SDS Location data. To show that on a map I'm using LRRP from a paid DSD+ version. It works great the loactions are all plotted on the map. The only problem I have is that TTT (v1.8.6.0) constantly gives an error "Could not access DSDPlus.LRRP File retrying". TTT can access the file from time to time otherwise I would not see the locations on the map.
The problem is the annoying 'Windows Error ping' that Windows plays every time this happens.

Has somebody a solution for this minor problem (changing the Windows sound schema is a solution but not my favorite ;) )

ET

tomekjkp

Goodmorning all,

Question, one of the users on the network I monitor is using SDS Location data. To show that on a map I'm using LRRP from a paid DSD+ version. It works great the loactions are all plotted on the map. The only problem I have is that TTT (v1.8.6.0) constantly gives an error "Could not access DSDPlus.LRRP File retrying". TTT can access the file from time to time otherwise I would not see the locations on the map.
The problem is the annoying 'Windows Error ping' that Windows plays every time this happens.

Has somebody a solution for this minor problem (changing the Windows sound schema is a solution but not my favorite ;) )

ET

Hello, as for TTT try to give it higher permissions for folder and file.

I propose to turn off this sound in the Sounds tab and there the default sound is missing. It works for me

ET-NL

Hello, as for TTT try to give it higher permissions for folder and file.

I propose to turn off this sound in the Sounds tab and there the default sound is missing. It works for me
Hi tomekjkp,

TTT has all permissions it needs to modify the log file. I think the problem is that LRRP and TTT are both trying to access the file at the same time. I noticed just now that the file is not being cleared automaticly, so it was fairly large (50MB :cool:). I deleted the file and let it create a new file, it looks like the errors are less now.

ET

dominatrix

Hello, could someone help me I have problems opening the TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.7.1.0 program as it happens with version v 1.8.6.0. In windows 7 perfect but in windows 10 it is difficult for me to make it work, I have to run it several times until it wants to work, the program freezes forcing me to restart the computer several times, any solution thanks.

Ubbe

... it was fairly large (50MB :cool:). I deleted the file and let it create a new file, it looks like the errors are less now.
Then it might improve even more with a faster access time so it doesn't hog the file too long. Create a RAM disk and have the LRRP file there. There are free programs to create small RAM disks in windows.

/Ubbe

ET-NL

Then it might improve even more with a faster access time so it doesn't hog the file too long. Create a RAM disk and have the LRRP file there. There are free programs to create small RAM disks in windows.

/Ubbe
Thats also a solution, but the file is already on a M2 SSD and I don't need the history. I don't care were the ISSI's where yesterday, I just want to know where they are now :D.
So deleting the file ones in a while seems to solve my issue.

ET

thewraith2008

Goodmorning all,

ET
If there is a lot of LRRP traffic, TTT is trying to always update the file and LRRP is trying to read the latest changes.
This causes TTT to throw the retry messages.
I have removed the beep for these LRRP tries, to be added for next release.

Might be better to queue these LRRP messages and write them at intervals rather than every time one is seen.

Latest version (v1.8.6.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

ET-NL

Hi The Wraith,

What is a lot of LRRP traffic, I think it are arround 20/30 mobiles that give a location every few minutes. A had overlooked the size of my logfile (50M) so I deleted the old file and after that the error beeps where gone.

ET-NL

thewraith2008

Problem is more the frequency of received LRRP messages.
It's my guess, LRRP detects the modified date/time of file and tries to read it as soon as it sees it's different.
At the moment, TTT writes to file every time a LRRP message is received.
If there are a few received LRRP messages in quick succession, LRRP starts to read file as TTT still has more LRRP messages to write. Because LRRP has access, TTT throws the retries messages (up to x10) until it can get access again.
A larger file will delay processing and make LRRP and TTT hold on to file longer making the problem more obvious.

I think it's better to leave the clearing of the file to the user rather than letting TTT clear it.
Some may want this record of messages.

Release post here

matthewn1983

I'm having some issues with getting decoded audio.
Currently running Airspy SDR# v1.0.0.1854, TTT v1.8.6 and TETRA Demodulator running on Windows 10.
Control channel is fine, 97-100% decode rate, displaying all the correct information, Demod links to TTT fine, Offset is correct, system is not encrypted, its tracking the talk groups across frequencies, however not hearing any decoded audio from the talkgroup, and the recorded .wav files are dead carriers (sizes range from 90kb->1.2mb depending on how long the voice call is). Do I have a codec issue here? Is there something I have missed. System is not encrypted as I can hear it on my AOR DV-10 fine.
Cheers

*edit - working now, Audio Output setting in SDRSharp was set to VAC Line 1 instead of Speaker. however recorded .wav files still dead carrier

Last edited:

thewraith2008

The recording system in TTT is a simple one and requires somethings to be setup to work.
The documentation explains the two ways it can be setup.

TTT records using the default sound device for Windows.
Down side is, it will also record any system sounds.
If you use a virtual cable (as default device) you can avoid recording the system sounds, but you will need to enable the 'Listen to this device' so you can hear the audio decoded by the plug-in.

NOTE:
'Listen to this device' is what it's called in Windows 7, no idea if it's still called that in Win10/11.
It should be in the record options for the sound device you wish to use.

Release post here

oe5kbo

The recording system in TTT is a simple one and requires somethings to be setup to work.
The documentation explains the two ways it can be setup.

TTT records using the default sound device for Windows.
Down side is, it will also record any system sounds.
If you use a virtual cable (as default device) you can avoid recording the system sounds, but you will need to enable the 'Listen to this device' so you can hear the audio decoded by the plug-in.

NOTE:
'Listen to this device' is what it's called in Windows 7, no idea if it's still called that in Win10/11.
It should be in the record options for the sound device you wish to use.

Release post here
Can you record the tetra signals and after decode it ????

Ubbe

Can you record the tetra signals and after decode it ????
Yes you can. Use the plugin "IF Recorder" and set the WFM bandwidth to 250KHz and record that to an IQ file. When you select to play a IQ file in SDR# instead of RTL-SDR you select the file and TTT will use that. But it will only be able to follow calls that use a frequency within that 250KHz bandwidth, +/-5 channels of 25KHz each.

Maybe there are other ways to sample a bigger frequency range.

/Ubbe

thewraith2008

You can record the IQ stream using one of the following SDR# plug-ins:
  • IF Recorder (records narrower IQ stream - longer duration and small files)
  • Baseband Recorder (records full IQ stream - shorter duration and larger files)
If you playback these IQ files (with File Player plug-in) and only use TETRA Demodulater plug-in, this should work OK.

If you playback these IQ files (with File Player plug-in) and use TETRA Demodulater plug-in with TTT, then this gets tricky.
  • This won't work with TTT in dual mode. (you can do it but it's messy and hard to control)
  • It should work in TTT single mode so long as the call is on main carrier or a VC carrier where carrier is within the recorded IQ bandwidth.
  • If you where recording the IQ while TTT was following then this maybe a problem useless you where only following one GSSI. This still maybe tricky to get to work. You would need to put in hold mode on the GSSI.

Release post here

Ubbe

I tried the base band recorder and had SDR# set to a 2.4MHz sampling rate and the recorder to 32 bit and it will then play a 2MHz wide span that TTT can use without any problems. I tried to record 16bit files but then the sound became a bit distorted and choppy. It uses some 10MB/s in file size.

/Ubbe