SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

Demodulator source - Demodulator.cs
For dmo need search training sequence in iq samples for every burst before demodulation and synchronize symbols with founded positions.

Thanks for the code.

Yes, defined DMO training sequences and different window sizes in PhyLevel.
Synchronization and decoding occurs. Seems to work OK.

For this demodulator need decrease iq samplerate limits from 48000 to 25000.
[/quote]
The demodulator code is a bit beyond me at the moment.
Why is it needed to change iq samplerate limits from 48000 to 25000?

RicardoRJ

First congratulations Thewraith for more this update.
I installed the new version and when I run it I am having the following error:
"WinSock VC error: 10053 - Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure"
In version 1.07.0 this error did not happen!
Every help is welcome.
Thank you!

thewraith2008

R3Natas has provided me a sample.

I have found where the error is and why no speech is heard. Now fixed.
Problem was I applied an incorrect bit mask to scrambler code.

I will try and get a hot-fix update out for people to test.

thewraith2008

First congratulations Thewraith for more this update.
I installed the new version and when I run it I am having the following error:
"WinSock VC error: 10053 - Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure"
In version 1.07.0 this error did not happen!
Every help is welcome.
Thank you!

Does this error occur before you click "Start" in TTT ?
Can you still run a session?

I think this maybe caused by TTT and SDR# start order.
  • With all SDR#s closed
  • With TTT closed
  • Start SDR# x2
  • Start TTT then click start.

RicardoRJ

Does this error occur before you click "Start" in TTT ?
Can you still run a session?

I think this maybe caused by TTT and SDR# start order.
  • With all SDR#s closed
  • With TTT closed
  • Start SDR# x2
  • Start TTT then click start.
The error occurs when you click "Start"

Greg94430

Hello, thanks thewrait2008 for this great update, works perfectly for me, can not try the DMO mode because here there is no DMO. We hear now beeps every communication is very good, but can we remove these beeps? Just to know the beeps are not a problem for me

thewraith2008

Hello, thanks thewrait2008 for this great update, works perfectly for me, can not try the DMO mode because here there is no DMO. We hear now beeps every communication is very good, but can we remove these beeps? Just to know the beeps are not a problem for me

Information on Call state/priority sounds can be found in TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf section "Custom Sounds".

Greg94430

ok thanks i will look at this. And I also wanted to tell you that the audio now is perfect, the micro-cuts in the sound have totally disappeared. Congratulations again for your great work

DarkAngelT

thewraith2008 I want to inform you a mistake. Sometimes the snd_ssi_granted beep repeats 3 or 4 times when a second person answers a call. Example: User A calls User B. When user B responds to the call, the snd_ssi_granted beep fires 3 or 4 times quickly. If there is a way to disable this and you can guide me about it, I thank you! I use all beeps, according to the tutorial guidelines. In the previous version of TTT this bug did not happen. Thanks for the release! It's working perfectly so far! The TIMEOUT problem seems to be solved. I'm using configured in 3 seconds and it's perfect so far! Very good!

mrscanner2008

Then that would indicated that 2 possible things:
  • MS .NET and/or V++ run-times are not installed.
  • Using incorrect version of libtetradec.dll (but most of the time, error is because of above)

You generally need to get these installed 1st:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable"
- If your Windows is 64 bit, install both 32/64 bit versions of this.
- If your Windows is 32 bit, install only the 32 bit version of this.

Usually "libtetradec.dll" that comes with the "SDRSharp.Tetra.dll" (in zip) should be OK.

What version of the TETRA plug-in you using? (where from)

NOTE: Not sure about SDR# v1700. I have only tested to 1671 with the versions of the plug-in I have created.

Thewraith2008 just to let you know that without changing nothing to sdrsharp config and just installing your new release (1.08) all working fine now, no more outputsamplerate=48000 error or complete crash of SDRsharp. And with the latest version of sdrsharp .

thewraith2008

thewraith2008 I want to inform you a mistake. Sometimes the snd_ssi_granted beep repeats 3 or 4 times when a second person answers a call. Example: User A calls User B. When user B responds to the call, the snd_ssi_granted beep fires 3 or 4 times quickly. If there is a way to disable this and you can guide me about it, I thank you! I use all beeps, according to the tutorial guidelines. In the previous version of TTT this bug did not happen. Thanks for the release! It's working perfectly so far! The TIMEOUT problem seems to be solved. I'm using configured in 3 seconds and it's perfect so far! Very good!

I the TTT release, "snd_ssi_granted" and "snd_ssi_ceased" are the same sound. Individually they sound like a couple of fast beeps.

On a call, D_TX_Ceased and D_TX_Granted usually follow each other in quick succession.
If each ISSI transmission is short and sweet, then these beeps are going to rapid fire.
This is not a bug, it's just annoying.
You don't have to use all the sounds. Just use "snd_ssi_granted" or "snd_ssi_ceased"

DarkAngelT

I the TTT release, "snd_ssi_granted" and "snd_ssi_ceased" are the same sound. Individually they sound like a couple of fast beeps.

On a call, D_TX_Ceased and D_TX_Granted usually follow each other in quick succession.
If each ISSI transmission is short and sweet, then these beeps are going to rapid fire.
This is not a bug, it's just annoying.
You don't have to use all the sounds. Just use "snd_ssi_granted" or "snd_ssi_ceased"

I'm using personal sounds from a tetra radio. But they are not behaving as before. That's why I asked about it. :( Actually the problem is in the sound that I told you before. For some reason it repeats itself for 3 to 4 times that it did not happen before.

thewraith2008

after the error it simply closes the sdr#

If SDR# is crashing, I would guess the the installation of the plug-in is not correct. Check "TTT_Set-up_manual.pdf"
In SDR# folder, what is the contents of crash.txt straight after crash.

The TTT error "WinSock VC error: 10053 - Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure". Is because TTT thought SDR# was started and tried to connect to it, but it couldn't. This error is expected in this scenario.

thewraith2008

I'm using personal sounds from a tetra radio. But they are not behaving as before. That's why I asked about it. :( Actually the problem is in the sound that I told you before. For some reason it repeats itself for 3 to 4 times that it did not happen before.

OK I think I founded the problem. I think this issue occurs only when a call is on main carrier (because of late entry PDUs).
I'm not sure if your network only uses 1 carrier (Main carrier and no other carriers)
If it uses more carrier then when call is on a carrier (other than the main carrier), do you still hear this issue?

I will look into this further later today.

intruso

Good

First of all apologize, but I have to use google translator to write this message.

First of all, thank the authors of the Plugin for their magnificent work. I'm hooked on this.

Two days ago I decided to start using the GSI editor, in order to sort the IDs, put labels, etc.

What I do not understand very well is how priority works.
More number = more priority
Less number = more priority.

??

Example: My favorite service must be with priority 8 or priority 1?

Thank you so much

hamradionl

TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf
Its a little against logic but if you read, you find out :)

Last edited:

oz1jua

Many Many thanks for this DMO version. It is just working perfect.
And also the new version of TMO is simple cleaver. I have never head so many talk group in use
on our local Metro. It seems that now there is speaks all time day and night.
Some thing major changes must have been done, since i did not heard this before.

If you need more sample i will create them. I can only think of one thing I am missing now.
Scan of DMO. But this can be difficult since even Tetra Radio can not scan DMO.

Tanks Again for this great software.

DarkAngelT

OK I think I founded the problem. I think this issue occurs only when a call is on main carrier (because of late entry PDUs).
I'm not sure if your network only uses 1 carrier (Main carrier and no other carriers)
If it uses more carrier then when call is on a carrier (other than the main carrier), do you still hear this issue?

I will look into this further later today.

My area has a main frequency and a secondary frequency. Actually I noticed that sometimes a conversation starts in the secondary frequency. A sort of reserve frequency. But the larger flow is concentrated in the main. After the communication ends at the secondary frequency, then it returns to the main frequency along with the others. I realized that sometimes it happens.

hamradionl

My area has a main frequency and a secondary frequency. Actually I noticed that sometimes a conversation starts in the secondary frequency. A sort of reserve frequency. But the larger flow is concentrated in the main. After the communication ends at the secondary frequency, then it returns to the main frequency along with the others. I realized that sometimes it happens.
Same here local large network.
when VC is busy, and there is high traffic demand on different slots on the CC aswell