SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

DarkAngelT

Does SDR# + TTT crash after same time with out using Zello?
If no crash, I can't really help with the Zello program as I don't know what it is or what does and how it's setup.

When SDR# crashes it writes to a file in the folder called "crash.txt" this may point to where the problem is occurring in SDR#
Crash reports can also be found in the Windows "Event viewer" > "Windows Logs" > "Application" with similar information.

mscorlib.dll.Dictionary`2.get_Item (deslocamento de IL: 0 x 0)
SDRSharp.Tetra.dll.TetraPanel._decoder_DataReady (deslocamento de IL: 0x1f4)
SDRSharp.Tetra.dll.TetraDecoder.UpdateData (desvio de IL: 0x9)
SDRSharp.Tetra.dll.TetraDecoder.Process (deslocamento de IL: 0x917)
SDRSharp.Tetra.dll.TetraPanel.DecodingThread (desvio de IL: 0xdf)
mscorlib.dll.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (desvio de IL: 0x14)
mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (desvio de IL: 0x79)
mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.Run (deslocamento de IL: 0 x 0)
mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.Run (deslocamento de IL: 0x2b)
mscorlib.dll.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart (deslocamento de IL: 0 x 8)

thewraith2008

If that's from the "crash.txt" it seems to be missing the first line.

The plug-in does seem to be crashing.

What set-up extactly are you using.

Dual or Single mode.
For "Network Info" windows both CC and CC are they minimized or open (state for each one)
Which tab is selected in each "Network Info" window. E.g. Calls, Group, Current cell, Neighbour cell.

EarHoles

Merry Christmas thewraith and a happy new year. Just would like like to thank you very much for your program from those around me and myself.
Any plans for in mind for next year?

Greg94430

Hello, merry christmas and good end of year festivities. Thank you for your work, I look forward to the new version with the problem of audio cuts resolved :D

FERRAINAELENA

hello, I MONITOR A CELL WHOSE THERE ARE 13 CHANNELS, HOW CAN I SEE IF A CHANNEL OF THESE HAS NO CRYPTOGRAPHY? THANKS I WAIT FOR A CORRELIVE ANSWER.

thewraith2008

Merry Christmas thewraith and a happy new year. Just would like like to thank you very much for your program from those around me and myself.
Any plans for in mind for next year?
Hello, merry christmas and good end of year festivities. Thank you for your work, I look forward to the new version with the problem of audio cuts resolved :D

Thanks for the season greetings.
Working on things when I can get sometime. Busy time of year for me.
I would like to release something soon. Just trying to make sure changes to plug-in are working OK and that I have not introduced any bugs.
Some of the things that needed changing required some understanding of the standard so bugs may exist as a result of my interpretation of it.

hello, I MONITOR A CELL WHOSE THERE ARE 13 CHANNELS, HOW CAN I SEE IF A CHANNEL OF THESE HAS NO CRYPTOGRAPHY? THANKS I WAIT FOR A CORRELIVE ANSWER.

If you can hear and understand what is being said on a call then no encryption exists I would guess.

FERRAINAELENA

HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY QUESTIONS AND 'IF YOU ALWAYS A CELL THERE ARE 13 CHANNELS CAN I IDENTIFY IF A CHANNEL IS NOT CRITTOGRAPHY? GIVEN IN INFO I SAY THAT AIR ENCRYPTION. I KNOW THAT EXIST AIR 1-2-3 MORE END. THANK YOU I HOPE I EXPLAINED.

thewraith2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY QUESTIONS AND 'IF YOU ALWAYS A CELL THERE ARE 13 CHANNELS CAN I IDENTIFY IF A CHANNEL IS NOT CRITTOGRAPHY? GIVEN IN INFO I SAY THAT AIR ENCRYPTION. I KNOW THAT EXIST AIR 1-2-3 MORE END. THANK YOU I HOPE I EXPLAINED.

This makes no sense to me. You will need to clarify.
And please stop with all the CAPs.

asgard

Happy new year first. :)
second, do someone have any ideea if radio is sending TEI thru network? if yes can be readed with ttt plugin or something ?
regards

Ubbe

Radioterminal is sending TIE but there is no technical reason to repeat that info out by the basestations, it's only seen from radioterminals transmissions.

/Ubbe

thewraith2008

Happy new year first. :)
second, do someone have any ideea if radio is sending TEI thru network? if yes can be readed with ttt plugin or something ?
regards

I have only done a little looking at the MM (Mobility Management) protocol.
This is where the authorizations and registrations occur and where TEI would be seen.
There is a uplink "U-TEI PROVIDE" PDU where TEI would be seen. You will not see these as the plug-in only sees the BS downlink.
I think the D-ENABLE and D-DISABLE also send the TEI. But this is a conditional element and may not be seen.
Other may exist and would be covered in the standard listed below.

In the standard EN300-392-7 (Part 7: Security) 5.4.1 it mentions:
NOTE 2: It is recommended that the TEI is not transferred across the air interface in class 1 cells. (i.e. Only send when encrypted)

hamradionl

In the standard EN300-392-7 (Part 7: Security) 5.4.1 it mentions:
NOTE 2: It is recommended that the TEI is not transferred across the air interface in class 1 cells. (i.e. Only send when encrypted)

When encr radio transmission using a no-encr network and forgot turn off private encr. channel, when started the transmission there is a short data burst hearing and when switch off the encr private channel, this data burst is gone.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
The TEI is not sent over the air and there is no need for the core to know about it since the system will just allow any ISSI that is loaded in its database to register. With authentication though, its more than just the ISSI that is needed. Along with the ISSI there will be a key exchange to allow the radio to be authenticated with the core. This prevents others from just putting any radio on the system, especially if that ISSI is already in use, and prevents duplication of radio ID's between multiple radios. The key is a combination of ISSI and TEI (using an algorithm) so if someone tries to change a radio using the same ISSI, that will fail authentication. If someone tries to change the ISSI on a radio, that will also fail.

hamradionl

Local user have a radio using on his own encr network and his own Frequency, LA and GSSi. During the day this user also use the same radio, he switch to other freq, LA and GSSi to a other no-encr network. When he switch over to the no-encr. network and push PTT, his radio is the only radio who send a very short data burst. The other 500x normal standard radios used this no-encr network are never send this data burst. On push PTT, these typical short data burst normally trigger some action.
No idea what or how, just notice this over long time period and share information.

Last edited:

asgard

The TEI is not sent over the air and there is no need for the core to know about it since the system will just allow any ISSI that is loaded in its database to register. With authentication though, its more than just the ISSI that is needed. Along with the ISSI there will be a key exchange to allow the radio to be authenticated with the core. This prevents others from just putting any radio on the system, especially if that ISSI is already in use, and prevents duplication of radio ID's between multiple radios. The key is a combination of ISSI and TEI (using an algorithm) so if someone tries to change a radio using the same ISSI, that will fail authentication. If someone tries to change the ISSI on a radio, that will also fail.

But if network is not e2ee and if issi and tei is clonned the radio will go in sistem ?

Ubbe

In tetra systems all user radios need to indentify themselves, affiliate with the system, to secure that they are allowed to be used in the system and what talkgroups and sites they are allowed to use. You can never have a "listen only" radio on a tetra system, all tetra terminals need to transmit it's TIE and subscriber number to be checked with the systems database. There are warnings that comes up on the administrators terminals that there are possible several radios using the same subscriber number and there are never allowed two radios to logon with the same TEI and red flags are raised that a possible radio program error that have occured. It will never go unnoticed in a tetra system. The high security are unique to tetra.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

Ubbe

Authenticating are built into the firmware of all tetra radioterminals but not into SDR softwares. The tetra system are never aware of a SDR listening device and it means that it will not work the same as a radio terminal. If you use a real tetra radio it will transmit what talk group you are listening to and what TG's you are scanning so that the system can send out those conversations to the radio site you are affiliated to. With a SDR you only listen to the TG's that the system sends out on that particular site you are listening to.

If you are listening to a site that are way off from a city you probably wont hear much of the conversations going on in the city, just local stuff, so it is important that you try and monitor a site that are the most busy one if you are interested in hearing what's going on. You can never be sure that you actually hear everything that a tetra radio would hear, but that is also true for most digital systems like P25.

/Ubbe

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
But if network is not e2ee and if issi and tei is clonned the radio will go in sistem ?
Here in the US that is correct. Our TETRA system does allow for cloning if we do not enable authentication. Since our vendor does not check TEI normally, you can clone multiple radios using the same ISSI since TEI is never checked. So we have begun the process of enabling authentication which requires a key be loaded on all terminals (key is generated using info from radio such as ISSI and TEI) and that key then has to be placed in the system and the enabled before it will validate the radio using the key. We have, by accident, added radios to the network and forgot to change the ISSI in the programming software. The outcome is that all radios will register but there will be odd reactions that take place when you try to PTT or someone tries to PTT to that ISSI. Its a 1st come 1st served where the 1st radio to ack the request will answer and the others will do nothing. But on the next PTT another radio could assume control. Now, other TETRA vendors may be more aggressive on how they treat cloned radios and do not allow such a thing.