Torn Between These Two Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
You're sure into radios huh :p

sure am. i am also into other things. not a one shot charlie. also into metal detecting as much as i am into radios. i get bored doing one thing. radio is about many things. some just use echolink and call it ham radio. they test rubber duckies on a repeater. i am into hf, irlp, morse code, etc. some dont get bored doing one thing all the time, hence they are able to live in places that are as boring. here, we have tons of mil air and other scanning, tons of it.

Muilisx

sure am. i am also into other things. not a one shot charlie. also into metal detecting as much as i am into radios. i get bored doing one thing. radio is about many things. some just use echolink and call it ham radio. they test rubber duckies on a repeater. i am into hf, irlp, morse code, etc. some dont get bored doing one thing all the time, hence they are able to live in places that are as boring. here, we have tons of mil air and other scanning, tons of it.

What about outside of that?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
What about outside of that?

outside of what? scanning? hobbies? or things to do here? if it is things to do here, would take me a book to explain it all, tons and TONS of scanning. so many p25 systems, one cannot possible monitor them all. amazing scanning. also, with all the MAJOR bases around, it is like living in an airshow 24/7 with stuff flying overhead.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Like outside of radios. You into other things like gaming, etc etc. I also was just watching a Baofeng YT video, and saw you in the comments lol.

like i said, i am really into metal detecting and relic hunting. find civil war, rev war, colonial stuff. any amazing place to live for that hobby. i also travel in the summers. with all that and work, who has time for much else. lol. gaming, only one, GTA. lol. how about yourself? where do you live?

Muilisx

like i said, i am really into metal detecting and relic hunting. find civil war, rev war, colonial stuff. any amazing place to live for that hobby. i also travel in the summers. with all that and work, who has time for much else. lol. gaming, only one, GTA. lol. how about yourself? where do you live?

Currently, on Long Island. Going back down south in a few months. Yes, I have GTA, and a few others. I play a little but not as much as I used to. One of my favorite games right now is Rocket League as I no longer have my PS3 for SARB which is the prequel to RL. It's pretty much car soccer. A lot of fun, and highly addicting.

Here's a quick video of a replay of an air goal I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFblByieqI

Other than that, I'm into any kind of electronic. I used to have a Kawasaki 636 but it was stolen.

However, here's a picture of it

https://s23.postimg.org/qvfda3lkb/Bike_Fixed.jpg

That's pretty much it right now. I live a pretty boring life as of right now.

Anyway, gotta get off here for a bit. I'll be back around later

Last edited:

Muilisx

I also picked up one of those wall charger things. This way I don't gotta wait 14 hours for the initial charge using the scanner and the USB cable. Now I'll always have batteries charged for it ready to go.

https://s17.postimg.org/vb3e0jq9r/charger.jpg

The batteries that came with it are 2300mAh each while the ones that came with the wall charger are 2000mAh each. Not sure if that slight difference is going to cause any issues with the performance or if it just means they aren't going to last as long.

The price on the scanner went back up by the way. Talk about a short sale. If anyone was going to grab one at the discounted price I hope you did.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
It came :)

https://s9.postimg.org/lu8hfemsf/scanner.jpg

Ordered very late Wed night, and here first thing Friday morning :)

Gotta love dat Prime

great!!!!! much better than using the scanner. now, ops will begin the battery charger debate. i am in one about just that in another forum. lol. i just got the opus 3400 today, which i am convinced is prob the best. but, i have one like you have, or similar, and it worked for years. its a "dumb'" (not "smart") charger and that has its issues. but, better than risking it charging in the scanner. anyway, enjoy the scanner. make a youtube channel and post the videos. check out mine if u want

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottAReid

Muilisx

I found this frequency that says Incident Calling. Is that like the people who are calling 911 that I could listen to?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I found this frequency that says Incident Calling. Is that like the people who are calling 911 that I could listen to?

hey, give me 20 mins to get some stuff done, then i will help fig out what u can listen to. you are really going to need a digital scanner eventually to hear the good stuff around you. but, lets work with what you have and find things. tell me your city and state, i will look up some stuff.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber

i would load all this stuff also, these are the businesses. another fun thing is to scan those freq ranges these are in, see what u can find that is not listed, then try to ID it by listening to the traffic on the frequency.

Retail Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Under my avatar says where I am as well as my post above where I link the link to my county :p

I also didn't open the scanner yet. I'm salvaging the moment.

what do you mean u did not open the scanner yet? lol. what the hell? i never could wait 2 seconds on a new scanner. dude u r cut from a diff cloth. i cant help you. lol

Muilisx

what do you mean u did not open the scanner yet? lol. what the hell? i never could wait 2 seconds on a new scanner. dude u r cut from a diff cloth. i cant help you. lol

I've been busy, haven't had time, and I'm charging the batteries so no reason to run and open the scanner yet. However, I did open it, and take the manual out to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.