SDS100/SDS200: Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter2

Hi, can someone explain how the radio still works perfectly with no RSSI?6476C15B-CDB8-4271-98F0-F9507F525871.jpeg

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
What colors did you assign the background and text? An example would be if you chose black for the background and black for the text...

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I have seen filters do odd things to signal strength.
Using filters per chance?

One thing to try: Does ProScan do the same thing?

Dexter2

Yeah I either had to Global in the photo, but now I have since turned Filter off. What is ProScan?

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber

It has a 30 day free trial fully functional...

Dexter2

Thanks for the link.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Thats what it says in the description... So I would say yes...

The full blown program gives you remote control of the scanner and a lot of other things...
Try the full program first... Free for thirty days... To buy it is a one time fee of $50 (Well worth it!)... All upgrades are free for life...

Last edited:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Bob... Who is the author of this software is a longtime member here on the forums...
Super nice guy to deal with be it for questions or whatever...

Dexter2

Ah noted, thanks for that. I don't think it works without the trial or paid version, at least it didn't for me. Currently, trying out this trial one. Impressive to me how you can "click" your screen and it affects the radio next to me.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ah noted, thanks for that. I don't think it works without the trial or paid version, at least it didn't for me. Currently, trying out this trial one. Impressive to me how you can "click" your screen and it affects the radio next to me.
If you download ProScan to do the 30-day trial, you're getting the actual program. The trial will do everything that the 'paid' version does. It's not a "crippled" download, with so many features missing that you could not accurately evaluate it's capabilities.

If, after using it during the trial, you decide that you do want to purchase it, then you make the purchase, and enter license key that is emailed to you. Enter that key into the trial version, and then it's now the "full" program. You do not have to do a second download to get all the options.

I'd agree with the statements already posted. ProScan works very well, and has a number of features that are not available in the ARC software unless you purchase the "Pro" version, which costs almost $20 more than ProScan.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Hi, can someone explain how the radio still works perfectly with no RSSI?
An explanation may be found here..

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How do you switch to the SDS100 on the free client, its set to Bdc996?
The Free Client is for connecting to the full version of ProScan in Remote Scanner Over IP mode.
Try the 30 day fully functional trial / demo. However I think it will still show the RSSI with the 3 dashes in the display like your picture in post#1. The RSSI column in the History Logging probably will show -999.

{edit} To change the scanner type on the full version, go to the menu Scanner Type.

Last edited:

Dexter2

An explanation may be found here..

I really may be heading in that direction unfortunately. One particular TG I've never had any issue with, is now starting to become fuzzy very rarely. It will be a year this month, that I've purchased this radio.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I either had to Global in the photo, but now I have since turned Filter off. What is ProScan?

Try turning off the Filter at the Site level. If you're using Sentinel or ProScan to change the Filter then it needs a write to scanner operation to take effect.

Dexter2

Try turning off the Filter at the Site level. If you're using Sentinel or ProScan to change the Filter then it needs a write to scanner operation to take effect.

Yes I did before I plugged the radio into my laptop. I was reading the attached thread and it appears I only have issues with one system, I've posted here before about this system, but today was the first time what I posted in the above photo happened. I like with this ProScan, you can click the screen and then manually save a UID its a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.