• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G-Series Voice Pager with Digital Trunked Scanner Feature

seth21w

Can I sign up to beta test my g4 and use the current firmware that's out for scanning multiple systems? I dont see why this shouldn't be an open beta like uniden did with the sds100. It would be much more helpful for people like me.

radio3353

Anyone hear from @Unication_David or @Unication_Jordan yet? I'd just like to know the status of the issue they were working on. Thanks in advance love the product!

Unication has gone mostly quiet lately. Frankly, I am a little concerned. In the past they have been much more forthcoming with firmware update info and asking for user input. Crickets lately.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
The Last mesage from Unication TW they are still at work on beta 2 working more on the scanning multi trunked systems.It works in our current Beta but they want to make it better.
Sorry I know not much of a update ,thats all I have.

Anyone hear from @Unication_David or @Unication_Jordan yet? I'd just like to know the status of the issue they were working on. Thanks in advance love the product!

GTO_04

The Last mesage from Unication TW they are still at work on beta 2 working more on the scanning multi trunked systems.It works in our current Beta but they want to make it better.
Sorry I know not much of a update ,thats all I have.

That update you provided works for me. I would rather they take their time and get it right the first time. There's that old saying, "you can have it right, or you can have it now, but you CAN'T have it right now!"

GTO_04

cpetraglia

I agree with that, however, what about those of us that were unable to get the 1.4 FW? Why can't they just give us the original one and work on the new one at the same time?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Companies and Corporations around the world are decimated by this Chinese 19 Virus. I doubt anyone will do anything FAST in any company that isn't deemed an "Essential" business. The great wait will continue

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I agree with that, however, what about those of us that were unable to get the 1.4 FW? Why can't they just give us the original one and work on the new one at the same time?

Not sure why but maybe something to do with the fact all the original 1.4 beta testers pager serial numbers were coded into the beta executable file so it could not be shared with others not in the beta program.
That would be my guess. Who knows what it would take for them to add more serial numbers into the original beta executable.

The second beta appears that it will also be locked to serial numbers of those approved for the program.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Unication has gone mostly quiet lately. Frankly, I am a little concerned. In the past they have been much more forthcoming with firmware update info and asking for user input. Crickets lately.

So, I was thinking of signing up to be a best tester. Would that be a waste of time right now even applying?

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
It can't hurt so why not. It only takes a few minutes.
I signed up several weeks ago when they decided to re-open to more beta testers. The only thing I got was admission to the FB beta testers group who are mostly quiet. My G5 works very well on Ohio MARCS but I really could use a TG hold feature at times.

minasha

Are they still alive? All I need is hold and skip, temporary block would be good. Oh yeah, bluetooth needs fixing too.
They asked us to provide our code plugs in a database before getting the new beta we all did that but after 2 months still no new beta.

minasha

I guess Unication is done with beta programs, It's time to sell my G4 and replace with an SDS 200, with wifi siren app it becomes a portable.

AdamHLG

I believe you will be rewarded for your patience. I have to imagine that Unication wants to get 1.3 out into the wild and once it does, the 1.4 beta will tack on the 1.4 new feature set on top of the 1.3 stable base.

minasha

I believe you will be rewarded for your patience. I have to imagine that Unication wants to get 1.3 out into the wild and once it does, the 1.4 beta will tack on the 1.4 new feature set on top of the 1.3 stable base.
I hope you are right

mdsxfire

EDBM
I guess Unication is done with beta programs, It's time to sell my G4 and replace with an SDS 200, with wifi siren app it becomes a portable.
Go ahead, I’m sure someone would love to grab it at a cheaper than brand new price, I wouldn’t replace me unication with the SDS if they gave me one for free

lsh1885

I just hope it doesn't turn out like Whistler, who were suppose to be coming out with a scanner rivaling Uniden's SDS 100 but it never happened eventually Whistler came out with a statement saying "the project has been canceled" but no other explanation was ever given. On the other hand the Unication pager is better than what anyone else has even without the upgrades.