• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G-Series Voice Pager with Digital Trunked Scanner Feature

mdsxfire

EDBM
I bought mine to be used at home when I am at a call so my wife has an idea of what’s going on and if I’m going to be stuck at a call longer than expected and also to monitor other depts on our system, yes I paid a decent amount of money for my g5 but if the upgrade features are things I want it to do and I feel like paying what they ask I’ll buy it.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Is the beta testing already set? I never saw an update and was not contacged about beta testing. Maybe they were overrun by the coronavirus?

Paul

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Let's just be thankful that Unication has a presence here, and they're developing new features which will make the Gx series even better than they are now. That's more than can be said right now for the other 2 manufacturers.

mdsxfire

EDBM
It would be nice to get some sort of feedback on the progress that is being made. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a G3.
Without any of the features being test currently the Gseries pagers blows everything else on the market out of the water, tried them all, and the fact that it’s mobile and goes wherever I go, I have two, one for my duty pager and another to monitor other jurisdictions. Would the multi system scan make it easier to monitor, absolutely, would a hold or lockout option let me narrow down when something big is happening yes. But without them it’s still the best.
And yeah free is great but I would damn sure pay for that upgrade, the how much is the tipping point.
My 2¢

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Please keep in mind that this thread is not about one's political preferences.

If you want to discuss politics I suggest you go somewhere like this website...

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
It would be nice to get some sort of feedback on the progress that is being made. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a G3.
The alpha version of TG Hold, delay, lockout, and multi system scanning looks very promising. The features are not quite yet refined, as to be expected in this alpha trial. But the capability works.

minasha

I've used a Moto MTX3000 as all the "scanner" I've needed (I only monitor 10-15 TGs) for the last few years. Love the receiver and the decode quality on my new G4. If I could just have a "hold" button to stop on a TG where some action is going on, or even the rudimentary "nuisance" function my MTX3000 has, I could quickly nuisance out the other TGs in my scan group and only listen to what I want until I reset back to scanning all TGs. My requirements are simple, either one of these scenarios would be great. I'd be willing to pay for a "scanner feature" license/firmware upgrade.

Is Unication still looking for beta testers? I have a G4 and would be willing to test and provide feedback. I can't find the form to request access to beta.
[/
The alpha version of TG Hold, delay, lockout, and multi system scanning looks very promising. The features are not quite yet refined, as to be expected in this alpha trial. But the capability works.
Does anyone know what multi system scanning means? and how it will be programmed

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
As it stands now, you can only listen to a system at a time, wether by knob position or zone.
In the proposed new firmware, you should be able to listen to more than one system, regardles of knob/zone (?).

For example, you might listen to your state police. They usually have their own system.

Then, you might also like to listen to your county sheriff. They might have their own system.

And finally, you migt also like to listen in to your local police department, and, you've guessed it, they might own their own system as well.

You will need to program the frequencies of all of those systems.

Then program all of the talkgroups you would like to listen from any of those systems.

Finally, you would choose a knob position to program all of those different talkgroups, from any or all of those systems, and tell the radio you want to do a multiple system scan ( or whatever name Unication would end up naming that on the finished firmware update).

A system, is a group of repeaters, carrying voice/data, over a wide ranging area.

Some systems, by agreement, can carry this traffic to include multiple users.

Users can be other entities, for example, your state might have a big robust and expensive, wide area system and, in order to defray costs, might allow other smaller entitities to use it, such as, counties or cities.

Hope this helps...

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what multi system scanning means? and how it will be programmed
They mean like this .. video on youtube during tests. Instead of only ONE System as in the past, you will be able to scan between 2 P25 systems.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
My question is will it be limited to just two systems ...and what about multiple sites within a system?

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
My wild guess?
Since a system can have more than one site, it should be able to handle that...

Let's just hope the developers and the beta testers will get it right by the time is ready for release.

Lots of people have been waiting for this for a long time.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I'll be the one to ask....

Why is there a microphone on a G series -Receiver-?

seth21w

Wow I didn't realize they were going to be able to scan multiple systems with a firmware update this will be huge update for the g4 and g5! Will it be able to scan analog channels and p25 simultaneously as well with the g5?

blackbelter

I would trust that the new FW will enables the G series to scan multiple sites within a system as well?

Sorry, I just read the attachment and discovered the answer to my own question.
Yes it will.
Thanks Unication team.

Last edited: