Unitrunker Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnacc

Hey all First off, Apologies if i posted in wrong forum.
using RTL2832U sdr dongle with Unitrunker, everything works except I barely get any health on VCO Screen. I have attached pictures of settings for info Tab, VCO, and Oscilloscope tabs, I have tried multiple settings with 3 different RTL2832U USB Dongles and same results for all. Occasionally I well get health of 15 - 21 Health but no pop up for scanner freqs..
Tone frequency repeater less than 5 miles of my location.
Comp Specs
Intel Core DUO CPU E8400 3.00GHz X 2 Processor
6GB Ram
Windows 7 Pro (all updates current)
Unitrunker 1.0.32.7 Most current version i can find on Unitrunker.com)
500GB SanDisk Hard Drive
USB Interface 2.0
Antenna 400 MGz exterior 20 feet in the air
Antenna Dual telescoping indoor antenna (came with USB rtl Dongles).

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in Advance
Allen
KG5FUA

Attachments

• recieve1.JPG
    recieve1.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 36
  • recieve2.JPG
    recieve2.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 36
  • reciever3.JPG
    reciever3.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 27

DRL-XM43

First can you post the radioreference page of the trunk you are trying to track?

The bit of info you supplied in the screen shots just shows the park frequency is not on a frequency that UT is interested in. I can't see it very well but have you used the format xxx.xxxx for the park frequency, notice the period.

dnacc

Ah got ya. thanks so much will try FMP24 and see if my brain functions on that lol.
Again thanks a million

dnacc

fmp port number dongle number and freq number, i get the just of the syntax line except for port number, not understanding why i would need a port number, have watched a few vids on this and its a litlle confusing for me a ham operator lol.
fmp being exacuteble, port number I have no clue, 1 being the sdr dongle connected, freq being the frequency i have tuned into for the control channel

dnacc

ok got it i think not concerned about port #
here is my command: fmp -i1 -01 p68.0 f461.786
however get error at ppm value . Wonderful little thing -h for help

dnacc

Hey DRl-XM43 thank for your pointer and help they have helped, i got rid of ppm value and know it is working

DRL-XM43

here is my command: fmp -i1 -01 p68.0 f461.786

That should not work at all lol.

If you have been a member since 2014 you should know better than that. I see only one correct command there?

Unless you are a HAM guy, then I understand :)

dnacc

Thanks slicewizard so my correct syntax ended up being fmp --i1 -o1 -P68.0 -F461.768 and the ppm did not throw error this time

DRL-XM43

So are you just using the public release of DSD+ or are you a Fastlane version? I see you are using FMP rather than FMP24, the feature set is incredibly different so giving help depends on version.

dnacc

sorry Slice that was a typo lol its just -1, I need a new keyboard and fingers lol

dnacc

hey DRLl as i am a newbie to this i elected to start with DSD+ I have been scimming on fastlane and look forward to using it as soon as i can master this one lol, thanks guys

dnacc

OK in reading from FMPA.txt I see that the txt file requires you to input a serial number for an airspray device, and in running command fmpa -i1 -o1 -p68.0 -fxxx.xxx errors out due to no airspray device #1, I know the cause of error because i have no serial number for device #1. So my question is can I use my RTL2832 USB dongle or do I ave to purchase a airspray specific dongle?
Thanks guys

P.S. So i am also curious about the email for fastlane is it still valid email to purchase fastlane?
Thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.