Universal Scanner Audio Player

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Yes, it should work
Do you know if HP2 has metadata? And can I group by frequency and then sort by tone on you software? Im looking to buy one HP2 and use with the program to better analyze close call hits and itinerants by leaving it recording at places to catch more things for RR database for my area.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Do you know if HP2 has metadata? And can I group by frequency and then sort by tone on you software? Im looking to buy one HP2 and use with the program to better analyze close call hits and itinerants by leaving it recording at places to catch more things for RR database for my area.

Your HP2 will have the same metadata stored in recordings as other HP scanners. Be forewarned I'm not 100% sure that Close Call properly saves the metadata; my recordings never seem to have correct data there, just in "normal" recordings. I use an HP1 and a couple of x36 and SDS type radios, I don't have an HP2, but its data is most assuredly the same.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Your HP2 will have the same metadata stored in recordings as other HP scanners. Be forewarned I'm not 100% sure that Close Call properly saves the metadata; my recordings never seem to have correct data there, just in "normal" recordings. I use an HP1 and a couple of x36 and SDS type radios, I don't have an HP2, but its data is most assuredly the same.
Ah fair enough. Thank you very much.

Comms999

Help - UID not showing since last update on SDS200E files, shows ok on BCD436HP files same site
UID only showing if UIDName is unknown but on 436HP UID shows for all records, Pic 1 SDS200E
1651885978364.png

Pic 2 BCD436HP
1651886034937.png

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Are you still taking feature requests? I recorded a bunch of P25 audio from an HP-1.

Here is what I see on the Universal Scanner Recorder:
1666133391567.png

And here is what I see on the SDS100:
1666133447606.png
Found this site to help me find what is in the file's EXIF information:
Exif Info: view meta-data in your files

...looks like the TGID is available, just not properly decoded...

1666133573055.png

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Zip that HP-1 recorded file and attach to your message and Deim can have a look at it.

/Ubbe

Thanks! I took a quick look at diem's profile and it looks like he hasn't logged in since 4/25/2022. I just wanted to see if he might respond before taking the time to make the data available.

I hope he's ok.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Uniden apparently records only 100 files in a folder so when listening with this player you have to keep pulling folders.
The TRX2 brings ALL files (25000 or more) in one session to listen, sort, arrange by TG, etc.
Is there any way that USAP can bring more than 100 recordings at a time?

Ubbe

Uniden apparently records only 100 files in a folder so when listening with this player you have to keep pulling folders.
It depends of where you start to read files from. If you start inside a 100 folder it will only read those files. If you start one step up in the folder tree it will also read all sub folders. Set that "Add Folder" to the main folder where all your 100 file folders are and it will remember it so from then on you only need to do "Read Files".

/Ubbe

Last edited:

Reconrider

Thanks! I took a quick look at diem's profile and it looks like he hasn't logged in since 4/25/2022. I just wanted to see if he might respond before taking the time to make the data available.

I hope he's ok.
His profile says he's from Russia. Could it be a possibility that he's unable to get on the internet because of the decision that putin made?

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Works great with DSDPlus Fastlane recordings. WAV. The only issue I have is the volume on the recordings starts out very low and as the recording plays, the volume automatically increases to a normal decent amount. As a result you windup missing the first part of all the recordings. Has anyone experienced this issue? Appreciate it.

This may not be an issue with the Universal Player. When I open one of the WAV recordings with media player, I see that the volume starts out very low and increases as the recording plays. Maybe more of an issue with DSDPlus Fastlane. Minor issue, still quite usable.

Last edited: