Unknown UHF - ENC 451.80000

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Activity seems to be ramping up again on 451.800 as well as 154.5275 (although much less). Most of it is at night and on the weekend. Sometimes 451.800 is strong in Greensboro and sometimes it is farther to the northwest, almost like tactical repeaters getting moved around. I drove up to Christiansburg VA the other day and heard it well into Floyd County. 100% enc still and dsd says it is Alg ID 84 (AES). Most of the ID's are 90xxxxx with a few 309xxxx and 345xxxx.

Flyham

Activity seems to be ramping up again on 451.800 as well as 154.5275 (although much less). Most of it is at night and on the weekend. Sometimes 451.800 is strong in Greensboro and sometimes it is farther to the northwest, almost like tactical repeaters getting moved around. I drove up to Christiansburg VA the other day and heard it well into Floyd County. 100% enc still and dsd says it is Alg ID 84 (AES). Most of the ID's are 90xxxxx with a few 309xxxx and 345xxxx.

Also heard a similar occurrence yesterday, just after lunch. Similar signal strength & consistency down Us220 from South Greensboro to Asheboro.

jayronna

Premium Subscriber
Heard again today in Floyd County, Virginia. Signal was quite strong and of course encrypted.

Flyham

451.800 was active again yesterday. However not near as prevalent as in previous post. I noticed it active around 0600, around 1530, then lastly around 2000hrs. This was in Greensboro in the area of I-40 & US-220.
Interestingly enough, also heard obvious encrypted traffic on what I have FPSRG 4 ( 410.8000 ) ??? This morning. Coincidence?

CCHLLM

White mystery Expedition with antennas ID!!!

Saw the white Expedition with the antennas and the Scot plate again today. Again, he was heading out as I was coming in. As we approached each other, he ran the window down and stopped me. He is a fellow ham from the NOVA area who is a corporate pilot, flies Gulfstreams and Leers for a large power systems manufacturer, and he also knows my airplane flying granddaughter. They both quarter planes at the same airport NW of Dulles.

Anyway, all his radios are Harris high end do-it-all models, so his income is obviously considerably greater than mine. We talked a minute and he invited me to go with him and his brother and catch a cup of coffee, so we did. I told him I didn't know if would want to drink coffee I had to run and catch.

He was a navy carrier aircraft pilot, then a cop, then he landed the big job. His brother works for HAECO and lives in the same neighborhood I do.

When I got home, I called my granddaughter and told her that I met him today. She said she would get a sympathy card out to him and his brother right away.

Last edited:

Flyham

Active again here in Floyd,Va. Encrypted with a NAC of 167.

Perhaps wide coverage or enhanced propagation from the fog and overcast conditions this morning.
Also heard random key-ups from my location South of Greensboro.
Maybe wishful thinking, but I thought caught something in the clear for a brief moment. Something like "control" or "comm check".

Flyham

Active again here in Floyd,Va. Encrypted with a NAC of 167.

Perhaps wide coverage or enhanced propagation from the fog and overcast conditions this morning.
Also heard random key-ups from my location South of Greensboro.
Maybe wishful thinking, but I thought caught something in the clear for a brief moment. Something like "control" or "comm check".

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
451.800mhz I found them..It is a business in winslow,maine using this frequency..

There are lots of users of 451.800. This is definately local to the area, it gets frequent use but not as much as last summer during the riots. 43.04 NAC 1 and 43.00 NAC 167 are occasionally heard also. VHF has disappeared. Its always 100% enc so I stopped bothering.

CCHLLM

There are numerous local legitimate licensed users on 451.800, and the local co-channel interference from every licensed and non-licensed smooth-brain with a 5 dollar Chinese uhf handheld is one of the reasons so many companies have gone to DMR and repeaters around here.

Last edited:

spacellamaman

43.04 NAC 1 and 43.00 NAC 167 are occasionally heard also.

whoa, did i miss you mentioning that part before?

i know this is all old hat to you at this point, but did you catch any RIDs with the low band stuff? i recall you listing RIDs for the VHF and UHF, but i think i would have remembered you listing a NAC for the low band stuff so perhaps i missed you listing RIDs for the low band as well?

any 2021 reception noted so far?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
whoa, did i miss you mentioning that part before?

i know this is all old hat to you at this point, but did you catch any RIDs with the low band stuff? i recall you listing RIDs for the VHF and UHF, but i think i would have remembered you listing a NAC for the low band stuff so perhaps i missed you listing RIDs for the low band as well?

any 2021 reception noted so far?

Its infrequent but it's there. Before this year the scanner has never decoded as P25 even with a strong signal, and whatever waveform it was definately wasn't P25. I ruled out an image with a low band HT. Haven't caught any RID's and it has been totally encrypted.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Its infrequent but it's there. Before this year the scanner has never decoded as P25 even with a strong signal, and whatever waveform it was definately wasn't P25. I ruled out an image with a low band HT. Haven't caught any RID's and it has been totally encrypted.
That NAC may have just been a false decode

There was surprisingly a lot of Syntor X Low Band SECURENET (DVP/DES CVSD) product sold. It is a 12 KBPS waveform (6 KHz baseband).

The military uses an encrypted 16 KBPS CVSD waveform among others. There is a website with all the various radio noises the common LMR digital systems produce.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
That NAC may have just been a false decode

There was surprisingly a lot of Syntor X Low Band SECURENET (DVP/DES CVSD) product sold. It is a 12 KBPS waveform (6 KHz baseband).

The military uses an encrypted 16 KBPS CVSD waveform among others. There is a website with all the various radio noises the common LMR digital systems produce.

100% positive its not a false decode.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I've been watching this thread since July and this whole "operation" seems very peculiar. I'm assuming it would have to be one of the ABC agencies but does anyone have any theories?

Would be interesting to know if any Federal usage like this has been seen elsewhere.

ecps92

Theories abound, just like we all have an ...... and folks have been tail-chasing since the thread began

My opinion is someone playing around, figured catch the first person to think it is xyz
Heck, I've run $FED on some business channels and guess what some folks started thinking...
maybe I should change to a $DEA nac :)
I've been watching this thread since July and this whole "operation" seems very peculiar. I'm assuming it would have to be one of the ABC agencies but does anyone have any theories?

Would be interesting to know if any Federal usage like this has been seen elsewhere.