Updates are Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
ampulman said:
Just curious. Does this use the limited memory available for firmware updates?

AM

There's already a message there, so all you're doing is just changing the words around. I'd imagine that it doesn't affect the memory at all.

troymail

Silent Key
Hey UPMan - I'm confused by the 3/15/08 posting on the website:

Should I already be trying to generate an ESN (as per the post on the site) or is that software not yet ready????

BCD396T
03/15/2008 11:00 AM
Important Firmware Notice

* Firmware updates for the BCD396T and BCD996T scanners are now located on your "All My Scanners" page. When you register a scanner, the latest firmware version available for that scanner is linked in the "Latest Firmware" column. These downloads are no longer kept in the "My Downloads" area.
* If you have not yet entered an ESN and ESN checksum for your scanner, the latest firmware link will be to the firmware version that enables these functions on your scanner. You must apply this update before applying a Version 2 or later update.
* Once you apply the version that provides the ESN and checksum, register that information for the scanner. After you enter this information you will be given a link to get a Version 2 registration key for that scanner.
* Once you retrieve your Version 2 registration key, you will be given a link to get the latest Version 2 firmware.
* Read all release notes for each download before applying the update. They provide important information and instructions for applying the update, as well as troubleshooting tips in case you run into a problem.

where are the updates? You said April...its April....how much longer..........

Sorry I had to do it before someone else did. lol

I'm patiently waiting.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
organized_mayhem said:
where are the updates? You said April...its April....how much longer..........

Sorry I had to do it before someone else did. lol

I'm patiently waiting.
Ummm Messege From uniden headquarters APRIL Fool's It will be may 16th On the update's Sorry, the uniden scanner team!!Someone farted and contaminated the firmware during testing and it pushed the release date foward one month..I do apologize for any headache's this may cause..

Last edited:

Caesar

JHaislet said:
The $64,000 question is, when will the new updates be released/go live?

Lol, it was easier waiting for the updates while by 396 was still in the shop, now that i have it back the wait is almost unbearable! haha, atleast april is here, pending any setbacks, within 30 days, probably less i will be updating my radio!

800crazy1

pauls releasing an announcement at 2pm est. today ...... THERE IS NO UPDATE !! APRIL FOOLS !! ..... patiently waiting here also . hopefully this week .

Airdorn

At 2pm, at the press conference, he'll inform us that he did not, in fact, have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinksy. :)

jakegday

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ok, ill admit, i didnt go through and read all 16 pages of this thread, but i have 1 quick question, is there a list, or does anyone have an idea what kind of "features" we will be able to buy?? i would like to buy more then 200 "tgid's/frequencies per system, i would also pay to have more then 20 group quick keys......

jakegday said:
ok, ill admit, i didnt go through and read all 16 pages of this thread, but i have 1 quick question, is there a list, or does anyone have an idea what kind of "features" we will be able to buy?? i would like to buy more then 200 "tgid's/frequencies per system, i would also pay to have more then 20 group quick keys......

Nothing has been said other than there may be features in the future that you would have to pay for. No mention of what these features could be. Its anyones guess at this point. I do like the idea of more tg's.

JHaislet

Gilligan said:
I bet that Uniden is really kicking themselves for ever mentioning this update in the first place...

That's what 1+ years without an update or peep will do I suppose.

It almost sounds like this update was assembled to counter GRE and their aggressive product development.
I have no idea how much product GRE is actually moving, but the timing of both companies is interesting.
Especially since the 396T firmware release has been pushed back.

We shall see, hopefully Uniden comes up with a really nice updated software set for the 396T.

I know I'd personally be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a greatly expanded feature set.

troymail

Silent Key
"Let's hope it's a good one..." With the hype, advanced notice, and now delay, there may be alot of people who are let down when they find nothing in the update that is useful to "them".... but I sure hope that not the case....

Viper43

troymail said:
Updates? Guess you need to get a GRE radio -- 2nd update in 6 weeks released today....:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Uniden has lost a lot of customers with all their games and broken promises. I have given up on Uniden doing anything....just ordered 2 GRE's. I'll keep the 396 and use it for fire tone out only.

Airdorn

troymail said:
Updates? Guess you need to get a GRE radio -- 2nd update in 6 weeks released today....:lol:

What's broken about the GRE radio that it needs 2 updates in 6 weeks?

troymail

Silent Key
Airdorn said:
What's broken about the GRE radio that it needs 2 updates in 6 weeks?

The release 6 weeks ago was pretty major - fixing lots of little things (and probably one or more major to some folks) and adding a few new features. This update today, based on the release notes, didn't seem to have alot of stuff in it but I'm guessing it included more things that can help GRE troubleshoot when people report problems. After loading it, I didn't notice anything different (but I have noticed great improvements from previous updates).

Do you have Microsoft Windows Updates turned on? What do you notice when they patch your PC every month? You may not always see or notice what was fixed - GRE or Uniden (or Windows) - but it's good to know they're out there working for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.