• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.30 G2-G5 Firmware Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9neq

Premium Subscriber
Should I update to the latest G5 firmware before I download and install the PPS ver V03.16.09?
Then send the G5 codeplug to the installed new PPS version.

Hit_Factor

Should I update to the latest G5 firmware before I download and install the PPS ver V03.16.09?
Then send the G5 codeplug to the installed new PPS version.
Been a while since I did the upgrade, but I followed the directions provide by Unication, I thought they were quite clear.

doc62

I have a G4 on 1.3 and a G5 on 1.2. The interesting thing I found with 1.3 is that your radio has to run the boot up sequence when turned on. I keep my G5 in my jeep to listen to while mobile and to listen call info when responding on calls. I've had to keep it at 1.2 so that it comes up quicker when responding. It would be nice if they added the ability to select which type of startup your unit has. From what I understand it has to do something with battery drain when the unit is off. That's not a concern for me.

Hit_Factor

G5 on 1.2. The interesting thing I found with 1.3 is that your radio has to run the boot up sequence when turned on.
Not always, it's weird, no rhyme or reason for my G5. It just started with a white screen for startup instead of the dots. I need to look for duplicate TG numbers (my latest edit changed those and created a couple dupes).

doc62

Not always, it's weird, no rhyme or reason for my G5. It just started with a white screen for startup instead of the dots. I need to look for duplicate TG numbers (my latest edit changed those and created a couple dupes).

You are correct. It looks to be if you turn it back on within an hour or two it does not go through the boot cycle, but I need it to turn on quickly no matter how long it has been off. After being off for 4 hours it definitely does a full reboot.

radio3353

...The interesting thing I found with 1.3 is that your radio has to run the boot up sequence when turned on...

That is odd. My G5 has been sitting in a drawer all week so I just took it out and turned it on. It went right to the systewm I monitor. It is on 1.3. I have never had my G4 or G5 reboot when turning them on.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
My G5 has only occasionally gone into a boot cycle upon power-up. But that only occurred shortly after turning it off. It can be off for a day or more and turns on without incident.

blackbelter

No boot cycle for my G5 with 1.3, however compare to 1.2 the G5 takes longer to obtain the CC.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
So throwing this out there in case anyone from Unication sees it. What about a preferred site setting much like the Moto gear has? So that you can set a preferred site pre talkgroup so if you will stay on the site carrying the talkgroup for as long as you can before switching sites. Would come in handy when you are on the edge of a coverage area but do not want to automatically move to the stronger site that may not carry your chosen talkgroup. Anyone else like this idea?

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me what the difference is between free scan and trunk scan in this version? The beta version 1.4 also talks about a scanning feature. What is the difference in all of this?

radio3353

Can someone tell me what the difference is between free scan and trunk scan in this version? The beta version 1.4 also talks about a scanning feature. What is the difference in all of this?

Where do you see free scan and trunk scan in version 1.30 (which is what this thread is about)? :unsure:

Simcomm

Premium Subscriber
Hi all - I have a peculiar problem with 1.3. All works fine for a while then out of nowhere, the device becomes muted. It receives the transmissions but doesn't give audio. Once I reload the codeplug it all works again.

I've reloaded FW, reloaded the codeplug, imported a completely different one, tried a plethora of settings and I get the same issue.

Has anyone seen this? 1.2 was fine.... No issues

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Hi all - I have a peculiar problem with 1.3. All works fine for a while then out of nowhere, the device becomes muted. It receives the transmissions but doesn't give audio. Once I reload the codeplug it all works again.

I've reloaded FW, reloaded the codeplug, imported a completely different one, tried a plethora of settings and I get the same issue.

Has anyone seen this? 1.2 was fine.... No issues
Yes, I've experienced that. Sometimes pressing the reply button and playing back a recording will fix it, but often I have to do the 3 finger reboot.

Simcomm

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I've experienced that. Sometimes pressing the reply button and playing back a recording will fix it, but often I have to do the 3 finger reboot.
Thanks BenScan... I don't have recording on. Can you pls refresh me on the 3 finger reboot please?

I hope Unication catches this bug.... I hear it's in v1.4 as well.

CFP387

I have experienced the "mute" issue with v1.4. When I reverted back to v1.3, the mute problem went away.

I don't experience any issues in v1.3; I am running it on all six of my pagers.

FYI - version 1.31 is coming out tomorrow. It's the version with the RR import function.

CFP387

Are there any other areas that 1.3.1 addresses ? I also heard that the official 1.4 will not be released anytime soon

They are saying it's mainly just bug fixes in the background but I did notice that it solves my specific problem of having to "wake" a pager before it starts to charge. When I plugged in (or dropped in) my pagers, they would not charge if the screen wasn't on. In addition to this and the RR import feature, that's about all I can tell that has been changed. V1.4 apparently has many more issues needing to be addressed before the "final" version can be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.