• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.30 G2-G5 Firmware Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Are there any plans to include in a future FW update of v.1.3, the ability to map the play key as the TG hold button?
I wear my G4 on my waist belt and, trying to find the TG hold button in its current spot is difficult without actually pulling the pager off and looking at it.

blackbelter

Not to mention that the current Unication friendly Carrying cases designs don’t accommodate For these features . One has to remove the pager from the cases to activate these buttons .

shawnr0007

There are no issues with the site links. I have checked with multiple browsers. Anyone with V1.1 or V1.2 can download the latest V1.3 release. If you are part of the beta group for the scanning V1.4 software don not flash backwards to V1.3.

I upgraded now pager wont work is there a way to flash back to 1.2version

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded now pager wont work is there a way to flash back to 1.2version
Can you better define what you mean by "won't work"? What is the pager not doing correctly? Did you carefully follow the instructions including downloading the 3.16 PPS?

shawnr0007

Can you better define what you mean by "won't work"? What is the pager not doing correctly? Did you carefully follow the instructions including downloading the 3.16 PPS?

I

I upgraded pps and firmware from unication website when I lose my code plug nothing all I see is my site my zone and all it keeps doing is scanning no traffic it was working before I upgraded to the firmware

RBMTS

Before you updated the firmware did you read and save the code plug with the new PPS? And then after you updated the firmware, did you try reprogramming in the code plug you saved with the new PPS?

shawnr0007

I did backup my original code blue but it also doesn't work after I did the upgrade so I tried make a brand new one and that doesn't work either.

blackbelter

As previously mentioned , your dealer may be able to provide you with a roll back option and a 1.2 link .

Last edited:

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys - I updated firmware and PPS after the new was posted. Everything has been working great since then except one thing. I've so far not seen anyone ask the same thing and not been finding anything in google searches outside this site either. When I receive traffic on the system I listen too most often the Talkgroup ID and User ID/Radio ID are hex vs decimal now. I had thought there would be a setting on the device that maybe was new and not able to locate anything. I also haven't found anything in the PPS. I've been dragging my feet posting but can't deal with it anymore. Anyone else have this happen or know what might need changed on my end? Thanks a bunch.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I did backup my original code blue but it also doesn't work after I did the upgrade so I tried make a brand new one and that doesn't work either.
Try programming a completely new profile with only a single site from a single system into the pager. If that works, you may have an incompatibility in your existing codeplug with V1.3.

RBMTS

When I receive traffic on the system I listen too most often the Talkgroup ID and User ID/Radio ID are hex vs decimal now. I had thought there would be a setting on the device that maybe was new and not able to locate anything. I also haven't found anything in the PPS.

Look at the very bottom of the D8 page. There you will see "Display Format Setting". I believe that is what you are looking for - if I understand your question correctly.

RBMTS

See if you can reload 1.30 firmware. I don't know if it performs a version verification and will stop the update or if you can reload it a second time. Maybe a second update will fix the problem just in case there was a data glitch with the first update. Worth a try.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
Look at the very bottom of the D8 page. There you will see "Display Format Setting". I believe that is what you are looking for - if I understand your question correctly.

Thanks RB !! That was exactly what I was looking for and apparently didn't quite go far enough down into the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.