• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Version II of Stryker 955 AM/SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmover

Mounting antennas to vulva mirror lips might be another story. I’m told the OEM mounts are plasti-fragile.

Here’s how fourstringburn runs a screwdriver out west:

D3B97CC6-BABF-4291-B540-C55F89341BBF.jpeg

If you’ll do a search on him at WWDX you’ll find a pic of his using a JBC545 mount on the lower starboard mirror arm and with a SS extension running a SIRIO 5000 and long stinger. (See all media).

He reported VG performance AM & Sideband. Until lightning took it out.

One of these new-board radios in a TRC-1 & a SIRIO 5000 ought to be killer.

Last edited:

slowmover

Only reason I'm considering a back of sleeper mount is, as you can see in profile pic, I pull flats with a midroof. In order to get numbers right on antenna I had to lean 6' Skipshooter forward 45 degrees. Not crazy about that and feel like it may hamper transmit. I really need to get off my arse and get a field strength meter! Power is the same as yours. Battery ground straps on doors and sleeper cab shock.

JD

Yeah, Scott and some others like to claim that bull-horns angle crap works best. I haven’t heard yet a rig that was proven.

The Mexicans love that look with some big coil antennas. Sound great the first mile running a MR X custom.
B7B08978-6533-408B-8421-FB79C6870DDD.jpeg

Tanker or Van: screw cab-back antenna mounts, IMO.

You load up some metal isn’t very tall on that Flat, and . . . .

You were in an aluminum-body large car, I’d say, yeah, try it with a whip gets close to 14’.

Last edited:

CDX951

Premium Subscriber
Previous radio on top of dash held by 3M heavy duty velcro.........

velcro.jpg

I really like this radio!
I can remove or change radios in 5 minutes!
Also..............the WM CLRspkr has been retired to the closet due to the dsp NR in new radio. Will never get rid of it though!

JD

slowmover

Previous radio on top of dash held by 3M heavy duty velcro.........

View attachment 124535

I really like this radio!
I can remove or change radios in 5 minutes!
Also..............the WM CLRspkr has been retired to the closet due to the dsp NR in new radio. Will never get rid of it though!

JD

Did you try the DSP Speaker, though?
Mid-afternoon is damned tough.

(Needs to go in your civvy vehicle).

Is the Q5 now the big truck backup radio?

CDX951

Premium Subscriber
Works the same as the internal dsp. It is adjustable 1-5 I find 3 gets it done. I wouldn't be without it with any other radio! It works really great with my Quad 6!

JD

slowmover

They got me!!!!!

View attachment 125297
The quest begins anew!

JD

Sweet ride!

Getting past the multiplexer is what would irritate me. AND how to mount a decent pair of antennas.

Volvo/Mack is the one tractor I haven’t done an install.

Keep this rear fairing mount in mind past a bird or Z-perch also by TOP GUN TECH at Bobs CB (mount in orientation shown)

Top Gun Technologies (TWISTED-L MOUNT) - Ultra L-Bracket, ALL STAINLESS STEEL, SS Mounting Hardware Included, Mobile Antenna Mounts

81480586-11AC-41F2-B314-30B5DDC5D23D.png

Rabbi P-C did a pair off the fairings on a steel-body Volvo (though not these brackets). He’s near Allentown, PA if you get that way (daily into Long Island). Might be persuaded to help (he’s offered with several men).

Last edited:

slowmover

Bobs is carrying these. See WWDX thread. I’m looking forward to getting one

Last edited:

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Mounting antennas to vulva mirror lips might be another story. I’m told the OEM mounts are plasti-fragile.

Here’s how fourstringburn runs a screwdriver out west:

View attachment 124530

If you’ll do a search on him at WWDX you’ll find a pic of his using a JBC545 mount on the lower starboard mirror arm and with a SS extension running a SIRIO 5000 and long stinger. (See all media).

He reported VG performance AM & Sideband. Until lightning took it out.

One of these new-board radios in a TRC-1 & a SIRIO 5000 ought to be killer.
If that's the starboard side of his truck and you believe it I hope I never meet you on a two lane road! Coming from a USCG 100 ton merchant marine.

slowmover

If that's the starboard side of his truck and you believe it I hope I never meet you on a two lane road! Coming from a USCG 100 ton merchant marine.

Good one.

Distance from fairing exterior is less than the outer edge of the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.