• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Version II of Stryker 955 AM/SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmover

Looks like the older version (non-DSP), but Stryker audio is sure pleasant.

He’s parked using an antenna on a tripod.

Looks like he might need to upgrade wiring or run the engine, huh?

Last edited:

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
The last thing I need in my life is another radio. So WTF, I just bought an Anytone 5555N II 60w version and this thing rocks! The receiver is very good and transmit audio is ok with stock mic but I tried an amplified D104 and it really comes alive. It gets really loud and punchy but no splatter or other bad stuff comes out, its really clean on a spectrum analyzer. This radio is a winner.

slowmover

Brand/Model with new circuit board:

K-Po DX 5000+,

CRT SS 6900v with NRC,

Stryker SR955v2,

CRT SS7900v Turbo

Anytone AT5555Nii.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
My anytone will be here tomorrow. Wired up the truck with a 40 amp relay fed off the ignition, all wires in place, just waiting now! Let me claify, battery fed with the ignition pulling the relay in.

CDX951

Premium Subscriber
I’m ready to try one.
You won't be sorry! At the price point this radio is truly outstanding. Unlike other Anytone branded radios the AM audio is very good with a N/C mic (I use a 636) and SSB is rock solid as usual with Anytone. The receiver is very good and with the adjustable DSP NR is very pleasant to listen to. No need for your trusty WM ClrSpkr! Once you have the appropriate adjustments set in the menu the front controls are very easy to work with while piloting the diesel car. The amber display is easy on the eyes at night and easy to read during the day. The display will be unhappy when first fired up in a cold truck but settles down in a few minutes. The weather band is a nice feature as it will switch on when a weather alert is issued.
I recommend this to anyone that has been looking at the Stryker 955, but doesn't want to pony up $4-500 for one. It's a better mobile radio, easier to operate than a 955 and the DSP NR is adjustable unlike the 955.

JD
71FDU3kmyNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CDX951

Premium Subscriber
BTW...............this is how I mounted the antenna on the new truck............remember I do strictly open deck........
20220904_160311.jpg
5 foot Skipshooter with a Top Gun Z-Perch mount available from Bob's CB, Walcott, etc. No issues with grounding and readings on the AA-35 are pretty good! A standard Bird Perch will work in the available bolt holes in the back of the cab(and on Freightliners too). The standard Bird Perches tend to be a little on the skinny side for my taste. The Z-Perch has a very beefy perch!
20220904_160311.jpgaa 2.jpg
Just a little tidying up to do with the coax and avoiding 13'8" bridges at speed (Skipshooters are rugged though)!

JD

slowmover

BTW...............this is how I mounted the antenna on the new truck............remember I do strictly open deck........
View attachment 133945
5 foot Skipshooter with a Top Gun Z-Perch mount available from Bob's CB, Walcott, etc. No issues with grounding and readings on the AA-35 are pretty good! A standard Bird Perch will work in the available bolt holes in the back of the cab(and on Freightliners too). The standard Bird Perches tend to be a little on the skinny side for my taste. The Z-Perch has a very beefy perch!
View attachment 133945View attachment 133946
Just a little tidying up to do with the coax and avoiding 13'8" bridges at speed (Skipshooters are rugged though)!

JD

There’s more flex with that mount than you might think. Spring

In your case the direction of travel is in your favor re mount orientation.

I’ve used the Z-perch on a curb mirror door mount which is 45-degrees to yours once mounted. They’re well made.

I run SkipS antennas to 14’. Not been a problem. 90k miles or a year on a set of 7’.

slowmover

“ . . At the price point this radio is truly outstanding . . . .

I recommend this to anyone that has been looking at the Stryker 955, but doesn't want to pony up $4-500 for one. It's a better mobile radio, easier to operate than a 955 and the DSP NR is adjustable unlike the 955.

JD
71FDU3kmyNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A $470 Stryker?

Or an ANYTONE Quad 5 V-2 plus an RM ITALY KL-503hd 300W for the same money in a big truck?

Getting amp & radio to work together is best left to a tech, and mobile power needs to be 30A (preferably, 40A) capable. 6-AWG at 15’ -25’ big truck.

Keep it turned down a bit, yet see 200W+ divided in two for a big truck radio rig with tallest top load “cophase” antennas. (100W each). Ck dimensions as it’s long.

DSP means one can hear to the limits of how far one can transmit. Match them up.

A typical set of mirror mounts needs the help in a big truck. (Need plenty of correct RF Bonds).

AT Quad 5 with car or pickup center-roof mount antenna ought to be fine with radios 60W. Amps are a lot more work. It’s the antenna that’ll matter.

Last edited:

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
The AT-5555N II has plenty of power do drive my favorite mobile amp, the SGC SG-500 and you can turn the radio down to about 35w to drive the amp to full output. You will need upwards of 75A to feed a 500w amp so short runs of 4ga or larger is needed.

A $470 Stryker?

Or an ANYTONE Quad 5 V-2 plus an RM ITALY KL-503hd 300W for the same money in a big truck?

Getting amp & radio to work together is best left to a tech, and mobile power needs to be 30A (preferably, 40A) capable. 6-AWG at 15’ -25’ big truck.

Keep it turned down a bit, yet see 200W+ divided in two for a big truck radio rig with tallest top load “cophase” antennas. (100W each). Ck dimensions as it’s long.

DSP means one can hear to the limits of how far one can transmit. Match them up.

A typical set of mirror mounts needs the help in a big truck. (Need plenty of correct RF Bonds).

AT Quad 5 with car or pickup center-roof mount antenna ought to be fine with radios 60W. Amps are a lot more work. It’s the antenna that’ll matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.