VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have monitored several inbound units to local ERs with possible virus cases today

Unfortunately, that is becoming the norm, heard several calls where (typically older) people were referred to the ER by ambulance because they had a fever over 100. Think the new protocol is advise of any possible cases even if unlikely or unsure.

Meanwhile have continued to hear NCNG 3 and NCNG 4 testing but no real traffic but nothing out of the usual.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Bravo 2 being used this morning to coordinate the processional for the funeral of SHP Trooper Nolan Sanders.

Trooper Sanders perished in a single vehicle crash involving his patrol car along I-795 in Wayne County on Friday evening. For the public wishing to view the memorial ceremony of Trooper Nolan Sanders, the Patrol will live stream the graveside ceremony via the Patrol’s Facebook page found at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/NCHighwayPatrol/.

Airboss

Silent Key
New 700mhz license issued for SHP site HP-1232, in southwest North Carolina, ROCKY TOP ROAD 30512
BLAIRSVILLE, GA, in UNION County

The site is up. Sent a sixth site freq that was missed on initial db entry for an update. Rocky Top is about 5 miles from the radio ranch here in Brasstown. Nice to have another close site. Still expecting one more site in Clay Co that will fill in the gap between Chunky Gal (Clay) NC - Rocky Top (Union) GA and Murphy (Cherokee) NC.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Rocky Top is only a 5 channel site. The 6th frequency was omitted intentionally. What is licensed versus what is in use can be two different things which is why we ask that database submissions be personally verified by monitoring.

Thanks for the heads up on the site activation. I'll try to be better about making posts on here when sites are added to the database.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on Alpha 4, believe they said they are in the Triad, talking about delivery arrivals and truck being unloaded. Traffic UID/RID was a SHP radio and State EOC radio, missed callsigns.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on Alpha 4, believe they said they are in the Triad, talking about delivery arrivals and truck being unloaded. Traffic UID/RID was a SHP radio and State EOC radio, missed callsigns.

Also heard reporting a delivery to Flatrock, EOC RID 2041807 using call sign of Warehouse, RID person announcing delivery in Flatrock was 2117902, in Triad 2151512. Believe these are pandemic related medical supply deliveries.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Fort Bragg just informed all gate personal gloves on and face shields down till further notice they are no longer given out any info on virus cases on bragg

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Fort Bragg just informed all gate personal gloves on and face shields down till further notice they are no longer given out any info on virus cases on bragg

Sounds like standard procedures since they have reported cases on base.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
Also heard reporting a delivery to Flatrock, EOC RID 2041807 using call sign of Warehouse, RID person announcing delivery in Flatrock was 2117902, in Triad 2151512. Believe these are pandemic related medical supply deliveries.
Sounds like standard procedures since they have reported cases on base.

the warehouse in Flatrock is the location of the regional SMAT Team and Mission hospital regional response team

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POSSIBLE COVID RELATED TALKGROUP
New talkgroup activated with new RID/UIDs on it not heard before. Users talking about not usually using radios for several months. They do not sound like normal radio users or NG. Using military type callsigns like Bridge, Wolverine, Squeaky Nest, Skylab, and a set of ten codes I'm not familiar with. Indicated two talkgroups active now, but only heard the one.

Talkgroup 51565 RID 2160703 and 2160704 seem to be command/control 2062015-2062018 users (Called RC's)

Copy of audio can be heard HERE

Last edited:

Tobydog

Probably going to be more of the "new" users coming on line as emergency equipment is being put into service. Not sure is true military uses any 10 codes just alpha names. But time will only tell. SMAT teams may be coming on line more and using traffic they are familiar with. Stay tuned and keep healthy

Barnstormer7

New talkgroup activated with new RID/UIDs on it not heard before. Users talking about not usually using radios for several months. They do not sound like normal radio users or NG. Using military type callsigns like Bridge, Wolverine, Squeaky Nest, Skylab, and a set of ten codes I'm not familiar with. Indicated two talkgroups active now, but only heard the one.

Talkgroup 51565 RID 2160703 and 2160704 seem to be command/control 2062015-2062018 users (Called RC's)

On what freq did you receive the transmission?

Flyham

Wonder if it was either EM or National Guard related? I bring that up given the West Raleigh towers proximity to the state eoc and national guard area. Also Skylab is interesting to, especially since that's the callsign of Labcorps aircraft when they are flying samples in and out Burlington NC airport (KBUY).

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if it was either EM or National Guard related? I bring that up given the West Raleigh towers proximity to the state eoc and national guard area. Also Skylab is interesting to, especially since that's the callsign of Labcorps aircraft when they are flying samples in and out Burlington NC airport (KBUY).

I strongly doubt National guard and am leaning toward NC Department of Public Health or State Office of EMS. I also do not think this was local to Raleigh area, and I often hear affliated TGs from around the state on the NCSHP Training Center and West Raleigh towers. FYI the EOC is closer to the Archdale and Training Center towers than the West Raleigh tower.

Finally, based on the traffic it sounded like they were choosing their own callsign names, not that they were being assigned.

Flyham

I strongly doubt National guard and am leaning toward NC Department of Public Health or State Office of EMS. I also do not think this was local to Raleigh area, and I often hear affliated TGs from around the state on the NCSHP Training Center and West Raleigh towers. FYI the EOC is closer to the Archdale and Training Center towers than the West Raleigh tower.

Finally, based on the traffic it sounded like they were choosing their own callsign names, not that they were being assigned.

Interesting.
I thought West Raleigh / C&L / Blue Ridge where one in the same. Also figured that was the same site that was you could see at Blue Ridge and Wade looking towards Ramada.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Interesting.
I thought West Raleigh / C&L / Blue Ridge where one in the same. Also figured that was the same site that was you could see at Blue Ridge and Wade looking towards Ramada.

You're right sorry I was thinking city/county EOC in east Raleigh

Flyham

You're right sorry I was thinking city/county EOC in east Raleigh

All good...
I was thinking about the JFHQ/EOC
Alphabet soup place of business.
Oh good catch on the Dmr usage at the postal facility. I think they do same in Greensboro as well.