VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing a lot of local PD/Detective activity in Wake County on unlisted TG 52694, not in the Wake Co TG range.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Happened to drive past the (fairly) new VIPER site in Tyro, NC (part of that Davidson Simulcast) today.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have info on a new site in Richlands, NC in Onslow County? Area seems to be well covered but another user on the site said a site had gone live...

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
They were looking for someone and following different people around. We will stay close to monitors expect to catch new TGs due to ongoing health problems national and statewide

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
They were looking for someone and following different people around. We will stay close to monitors expect to catch new TGs due to ongoing health problems national and statewide

Always possible, but there has been very little (if any) radio traffic to date, and I doubt they'd use USMS for this.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Here's one I have not seen before and not next to nothing in data base Tg#52691 Off the TWC tower

An unidentified SBI talkgroup often times shared with local agencies (Raleigh PD for one) sometimes encrypted sometimes not. Others in the range I've monitored are 52688-52694

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
New Viper TG not in database heard today, 46675, with Rex CTP calling Wake ED.

This is in the Wake County range of TGIDs and the RID/UID was in the medical range of 2077679. Unsure what CTP stands for but know Rex has set up the medical tents for additional resources for virus emergencies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
As cities and counties across NC issue Stay-At-Home Orders (Mecklenburg, Durham City, Wake), I'm starting to hear a fair amount of radio checks on National Guard talkgroups NCNG3 (52029) and NCNG (52030). No traffic other than keyups, blowing in mic and "check" being said.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
As cities and counties across NC issue Stay-At-Home Orders (Mecklenburg, Durham City, Wake), I'm starting to hear a fair amount of radio checks on National Guard talkgroups NCNG3 (52029) and NCNG (52030). No traffic other than keyups, blowing in mic and "check" being said.

I'm monitoring both Huntersville and Stanley sites. No NG detected yet but Events Bravo 2 has started to pop up but not a lot of actual comms yet. I suspect NG, EOC, and Events groups may get hot.

JP

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
So I have been near the 3 BCD 996P2s and have not caught anything special on the air about the Virus yet in the Cumberland Co and Fayetteville area.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So I have been near the 3 BCD 996P2s and have not caught anything special on the air about the Virus yet in the Cumberland Co and Fayetteville area.

Hearing more radio checks this morning on unlisted talkgroups 52596 and 52597 RID/UID belonging to OEMS (2075629)