BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Want to start over

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Need help, my 436 shows blank lines on several service types.
I'd like to wipe it clean and start over.
I have Turbo and Pro Voice, will I loose them?
Not sure what commands I can use to get everything back to square one

Rick

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for reply. Ok, still dumb, can you tell me cmd to reset scanner? I know I can read the rest of the night and find it, but if you know off hand would be great.

Scanner_Rider

Thanks for reply. Ok, still dumb, can you tell me cmd to reset scanner? I know I can read the rest of the night and find it, but if you know off hand would be great.

My 436 although being factory programmed and optimized for my area, earlier today went into a nothing to scan mode on me.

I tried reading the manual and that issue was not clearly addressed in the trouble shooting so I pressed menu and used the volume /squelch to scroll down to settings and clicked. Once in the settings I scrolled to the restore line and clicked on the volume control.

The scanner reset the SD memory and was back to monitoring the agencies I had originally programmed by scanner master.

Hope this helps for you difficulty in getting to the restore command.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are going through the menu and Selecting Service Types and see something like:

"Ham :---"

If so its because you are scanning a Favorites List (or several FLs) and there are no channels with the given Service Type.

That's a normal situation. There is no cause for concern and no reason to take any action to re-set the scanner. (Even if you re-set the scanner, this condition would persist).

Also, a scanner "re-set" will NOT affect your DMR or ProVoice keys. Once entered, they stay entered. They are more or less "burned" into the firmware.

If you did want to do a "re-set", which is most commonly done with a possible SD card error, or you just want to wipe the slate clean, here is what you would do:

Connect the scanner to the computer and select Mass Storage.
Start Sentinel
Go to Scanner>Clear User Data
Press OK in the pop up window that appears. Follow any prompts that appear.

Folowing that, you'll have to re-load the full database and the profile which is done with the Scanner>Write to Scanner sequence.

From a technical standpoint, this is not a "re-set" of the scanner such as what you may have seen with older model scanners. Rather it's a re-installation of the firmware and wiping the memory of the full database, profile and Favorites Lists along with any stored recordings, etc.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My 436 although being factory programmed and optimized for my area, earlier today went into a nothing to scan mode on me.

See: http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/283404-x36-nothing-scan-checklist.html

A number of things can cause this, including inadvertent button presses.

If you use Sentinel, I'd suggest doing a Read From Scanner and saving the files. Its good to have them around just in case you need to replace the SD card at some point.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Further to that, once the keys are entered for PV and DMR, there is nothing you can do to remove them (short of a very secret test mode that would do it, but I'm not sharing). You should never have to re-enter the keys.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Further to that, once the keys are entered for PV and DMR, there is nothing you can do to remove them (short of a very secret test mode that would do it, but I'm not sharing). You should never have to re-enter the keys.

How long until somebody finds the super secret test mode and erases their keys now?

Status
Not open for further replies.