WAV File Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Here is a free Excel spreadsheet that will list, rename, and sort WAV files generated by the BCD436/536HP scanners. It will reorganize the files from the folders of 100 sequential recordings into folders based on System and Department (or Site), and it will add the TG and UID (or Frequency and Tone) to the filenames. This makes it easier to identify and listen to recordings from the same source recorded over a period of time.

Here are links to the spreadsheet in the new and old Excel format:

http://apps.usd.edu/esci/programs/BCD436HP WAV File Manager.xlsb

http://apps.usd.edu/esci/programs/BCD436HP WAV File Manager.xls

troymail

Silent Key
Here is a free Excel spreadsheet that will list, rename, and sort WAV files generated by the BCD436/536HP scanners. It will reorganize the files from the folders of 100 sequential recordings into folders based on System and Department (or Site), and it will add the TG and UID (or Frequency and Tone) to the filenames. This makes it easier to identify and listen to recordings from the same source recorded over a period of time.

Here are links to the spreadsheet in the new and old Excel format:

http://apps.usd.edu/esci/programs/BCD436HP WAV File Manager.xlsb

http://apps.usd.edu/esci/programs/BCD436HP WAV File Manager.xls

I still get a runtime error '5'

troymail

Silent Key
Debug seems to point to this line:

ImportForm.Show 'Open internal Common Dialog Box

I tried both versions - and the last time even copied a folder of files to c:\WAVE and provided that as the input to the program.

Same error

Windows 7 64 bit
Excel 2007
VB 6.5

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Debug seems to point to this line:

ImportForm.Show 'Open internal Common Dialog Box

I tried both versions - and the last time even copied a folder of files to c:\WAVE and provided that as the input to the program.

Same error

Windows 7 64 bit
Excel 2007
VB 6.5

From the instructions:

If you get a code error, go to the Developer tab and open Visual Basic.
On the Tools tab click References, and make sure the following references are checked:
◙ Visual Basic for Applications
◙ Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library
◙ OLE Automation
◙ Microsoft Office 15.0 Object Library
◙ Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library

What references do you have listed? Some basic VBA commands seem unavailable, and lack of access to these files is probably the cause. Older versions of Excel may have different versions of these libraries, but select the closest thing you can find in your list of available references. You may have to go into Excel Options to make the Developer tab visible on the Ribbon (I should have mentioned that in the instructions).

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Shortcut

You can hit Alt-F11 to directly open the VBA window. Then on the Tools menu select References to see if you have all the necessary files available. The reference links on my Excel workbook should already be checked if they are available on your computer, but if you have older versions then you will have to identify and check the best matches yourself (usually just an earlier version of the same files).

troymail, since it failed on a Form.Show instruction you probably don't have the Microsoft Forms Object Library selected, so search for that first. I hope this helps.

Dewey

I know this thread is now a couple years old, but would it be possible to revisit the Excel macro? It appears that the Uniden's formatting for the audio file metadata changed with the release of the DMR release in May 2016, and now the label no longer read properly. Thanks in advance.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
File header problems

I know this thread is now a couple years old, but would it be possible to revisit the Excel macro? It appears that the Uniden's formatting for the audio file metadata changed with the release of the DMR release in May 2016, and now the label no longer read properly. Thanks in advance.

I'm frustrated that for DMR recordings the radio doesn't even record the frequency in the header. I've written UPman about it a couple times about it but have gotten no response. I wish Uniden would settle on a useful header format instead of the current mess. Then it would be worth my time to update the header reader.

Dewey

I'm frustrated that for DMR recordings the radio doesn't even record the frequency in the header. I've written UPman about it a couple times about it but have gotten no response. I wish Uniden would settle on a useful header format instead of the current mess. Then it would be worth my time to update the header reader.

Thanks...

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.