What is Pager Interference?

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
when we had our vhf paging system we had ERP close to or over 3000 watts at main towers and 1000 at hospital sites. either one at your range will easily overload you. heck i could watch our modulation on a couple of tv channels when the cable was still analog around here. it put wavy vertical lines in the picture that almost looked exactly like the horizontal mod line on the service monitor. bad thing was the worst channel was the one The Weather Channel was on and was our busiest carrier that during the day rarely unkeyed for more than a second at a time.

John_S

I found a list of all the pager VHF and UHF frequencies and programmed them into a spare scanner and let it go. I didn't even need the antenna plugged in to get 157.740 making a racket. That and all the data links around 454 mHz. It's a wonder I can get anything on the scanner at all.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I found a list of all the pager VHF and UHF frequencies and programmed them into a spare scanner and let it go. I didn't even need the antenna plugged in to get 157.740 making a racket. That and all the data links around 454 mHz. It's a wonder I can get anything on the scanner at all.
in saratoga springs you will get slammed on 157.74. that is local high power paging and also used for the area hospital pagers. The 454s is the trunked DMR system putting out good power as well.