Windows 10 & Uniden USB Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

storminc

Just purchased a BCD536 along with Butel Software. Will not work in Virtual Control but will upload download programming. Do I need to purchase a new USB cable or should the one that came with my scanner work. Any help appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
To utilize virtual control the radio must be in serial mode, not mass storage mode.
after programming, unplug and switch to serial mode. There is no need for a different cable.

storminc

To utilize virtual control the radio must be in serial mode, not mass storage mode.
after programming, unplug and switch to serial mode. There is no need for a different cable.

I have tried that and realize it must be in serial mode. Just tried that again. In the VC panel it sat " BCD536 Virtual Control * please install Driver first!
plug USB cable in and select 'serial port'

www.butelsoftware.com
Hello world!"

storminc

as well as in the top left corner of window states"usb/comport error 8012

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Get the driver here.
BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Install the driver, connect the radio, select serial mode, wait for the pc to recognize the radio. then open the virtual control.

your pc should auto detect the port & start working automatically.

Voyager

Did you install the driver AFTER selecting serial mode on the scanner? Hopefully you did not install it in place of the mass storage driver.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
A serial driver should not have any effect on the Windows Mass Storage driver.
Fire Away.

storminc

ok this ARC536 software is just nuts. Proscan works with w o a hitch. I guess I will use butel for programming and Proscan for VC. I won't buy Butel again

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Why not break down & use the Sentinel software for programming? It's Free & does everything you really need. IMHO

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I really haven't done much with it. Will it upload from Radio Reference

No need to upload the DB. Sentinel is updated weekly from the RR DB.

You really should try it, Just download the current radio programming into Sentinel before writing to the scanner. Everything you've done so far and programmed into the radio will be saved in Sentinel.
Then update from there. It may seem difficult at first, but once you get it figured out.. You'll not likely go back!

BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

and watch Upman's video too.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...-display-department-hidden-2.html#post2504851

You just update the database weekly (It's done free with the Uniden Software, No membership required!) &&& update your radio's firmware (Very Important!)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
And just to add.. I like ARC536PRO Software. I use the VC & logging whenever I'm at home.
It's also great for snagging updates that are not in the current Sentinel update; which normally is only updated weekly.

But for regular programming and settings Sentinel is by far the best SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.