2006 Silverado Extended Cab Mobile Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinder

Feed Provider
Silverado

Wow!! What an awsome job!! I have a 2006 silverado standard cab,the overhead on your is different from mine.Great place to mount radio.too bad mines a manual transmission,limits options. Great looking rig!!!

brndnstffrd

What kind of antenna mount is that? I have pretty much the same truck but mine is an 03 diesel long bed. Also i like the kenwood up in the overhead console, never thought of doing that in mine.

KM4WLV

I didn't find the wedge mount on motorola.com site and apparently I have to register for the Motorola Online Website. I could use one of those as well. I'm trying to use to brackets to mount two mobiles. that would work great!

If you can't find one at your local radio shop I can order you one & have it shipped directly to you. I have a Motorola Online account. Just PM me on here, or email me daniel.michael4724@gmail.com and we can work out details from there.

And you won't find things like that on the Motorola.com website itself.

DieselFF918

Very nice install. I am curious, as to where you got your siren, never heard of Power Call.

Also, as some one mentioned about the ground location for the siren, based on my experience with having installed equipment in many different vehicles, I do not see an issue about the ground being on the seat frame, as opposed to attached to the floor board, as the seat frame is bolted to the floor board.

Granted, it is not at good of a ground as a known grounding point, on the frame, or to the battery, but if it works where it is at, then there shouldn't be an issue.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Very nice install. I am curious, as to where you got your siren, never heard of Power Call.

Blasphemy! :D The 1960's-era GE Powercalls (the REAL Powercall siren) were used by DCFD and Philly PD for years. Many departments in Maryland have moved their 1960's Powercalls to newer rigs as they've been placed in service. I have a 1963 GE Powercall on one of my privately-owned fire trucks, a 1993 Mack.

Visit Powercall Sirens Home Page for the modern version of the Powercall.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
@fischlerpromo -- Juniata County, PA, USA. Great place. When fall comes around it just shows how beautiful PA really is. Just town enough to know your neighbors but country enough to have distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.