2013 Explorer Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4GDT

Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Winchester, KY
Sorry for a late reply, hopefully you have power to your 8900 by now. I went to a commercial installer for the antenna and power wires. The put a hole on the drivers side firewall way up under the dash and ran more wire than I needed. They put something like 8 ga wire in which was way more than I needed. I replaced it and butt connected the radio wiring to it. It's also fused at the battery as well. I've since moved it from under the drivers seat to under the first rear seat, I had that much extra wiring and it's not in the way.
 

dwgelle

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
265
Reaction score
27
Location
Meeker Co.- MN
I ran power up under the passenger side dash, there is the window washer fluid line that runs through a rubber grommet. I poked a hole through the outer open space around the fluid line and ran the wire through there. I did have to loosen the washer fluid line from its clips all the way from the front corner to get enough slack in the line to work. The space up under the dash is just as tight. But can be done with patience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top