Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

The new Trunk88 is the best. No need for a tapped radio, awesome, informes you of new radio/talkgroup brilliant. How can it possibly get better? Andrew, this program is amazing. Thank you for all of your hard work.

D

DaveNF2G

Using Google, I can find no reference to any version later than 4.86. Where is this newer version available?

nd5y

I just downloaded it tried it for the first time and I can't get it to work properly.
The only Motorola systems near me are on 900 MHz and I can't get it to use the correct band plan.
The frequencies it shows are in the 851-854 range.
It flashes "Warning: System Type 31 is invalid <should be 1,2,4,8 or 16>"
When I go to system/edit setting/tables/system type it shows system type: -1. I can't change it to 8.
Anybody else have any luck with 900 MHz systems?

Last edited:

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have the same problem with the VHF 138 range

Northerner71

I monitor a P25 system and it runs ar a 100%. I just plug it in, and followed all of the settings,if stuck hit control h and it tells you how to set each area.

SCPD

QRT
Perhaps knowing how to read entire postings would be a useful skill, too. :roll:

The link you provide has version 4.63 available. We were discussing 4.88 (as mentioned by the OP) and the fact that the latest version we can find is 4.86.

Ummm right - so the 4.88 version I downloaded earlier at 12:29pm was a figment of my imagination...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps knowing how to read entire postings would be a useful skill, too. :roll:

The link you provide has version 4.63 available. We were discussing 4.88 (as mentioned by the OP) and the fact that the latest version we can find is 4.86.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking at, but I downloaded 4.88 from that link as well and am using it now.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded it tried it for the first time and I can't get it to work properly.
The only Motorola systems near me are on 900 MHz and I can't get it to use the correct band plan.
The frequencies it shows are in the 851-854 range.
It flashes "Warning: System Type 31 is invalid <should be 1,2,4,8 or 16>"
When I go to system/edit setting/tables/system type it shows system type: -1. I can't change it to 8.
Anybody else have any luck with 900 MHz systems?

kd7kdc said:
I have the same problem with the VHF 138 range
The 800 MHz frequencies are the Default bandplan.

While there is a "Correct" way to fix your problems via the Menu, I can't remember the applicable Commands.

I recommend that you unZip a fresh copy of the TRUNK88.CTL file, and start anew.

TRUNK88.CTL can be edited with a simple Text Editor, such as Notepad. I would suggest you change the "System Type", and replace the "800 MHz Standard Bandplan" entries with the applicable 900 MHz, or 138 MHz information, before your run TRUNK88 for the first time.

The "System Type" field can be found near the top of the TRUNK88.CTL file (about 28 lines in), and the Bandplan tables are near the end.

Not the most elegant way of doing things, but it should get you going.

--
Comint

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
For those having 900Mhz issues....
You need to edit the Base Frequency value to 900Mhz *in TRUNK88* (System Menu / Edit Settings / Tables / Base Frequency); when you do that, TRUNK88 sees the special "bandplan" value of 900 and sets the correct frequency/step/offset values.

After you've done that, System Menu / Apply Current Bandplan will adjust all of your system frequencies.

You do have to select "Apply Current Bandplan" for the changes to take effect.

Andrew has been busy over the last couple days.
He released 4.88A over night and I do believe he intends on releasing 4.88B before the end of the weekend. Supposed to fix couple minor bugs.
Marshall KE4ZNR

nd5y

For those having 900Mhz issues....
You need to edit the Base Frequency value to 900Mhz *in TRUNK88* (System Menu / Edit Settings / Tables / Base Frequency); when you do that, TRUNK88 sees the special "bandplan" value of 900 and sets the correct frequency/step/offset values.

After you've done that, System Menu / Apply Current Bandplan will adjust all of your system frequencies.

You do have to select "Apply Current Bandplan" for the changes to take effect.

I tried that and it doesn't work. Using 900 for the base frequency doesn't make any sense.
I tried putting in 935.0125, 12.5, 0 for base , spacing and offset and it didn't like that either

Any time I changed something and went back to apply the band plan it said it was already used.

What is the advantage of Trunk88 over Unitrunker?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You are lucky that I have a 900Mhz Moto system in the area :)

I reset my settings in my T88 to replicate what you are running into

Ok. Start up T88. 800Mhz frequencies will show up instead of 900Mhz Freqs
but we will fix that.

Go into the following menus below:

C8YYU.jpg

(S)ystem->Edit Settings->Tables

Look for Bandplan Range #1. Whatever is entered into that field replace it with
900.000Mhz. If there is anything in step and offset clear them out too.

Now back out to the main system menu.
NxrIQ.jpg

Press "B" in blank above to apply bandplan.

Once you do that then T88 should replace the 800Mhz freqs with the correct 900Mhz
Freqs:
8oHes.jpg

Why use T88 over UT? Personal Preference.
I use them both for different reasons.
UT gives more system type options (EDACS & Moto, easier importing from RR into UT) but I prefer T88 because all of the system info is in one easy to read screen instead of
several boxes that I have to tab between.
Both authors (Andrew for T88 and Rick for UT) deserve major kudos for continuing to support and update their programs. :) Thanks for all of the hard work guys!
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It works!

Now I need to figure out EDACS and P25. It doesn't decode the CC on those.

Glad you were able to get up and running.
Yep. T88 only handles 3600 baud Moto.

Use Unitrunker for EDACS and Pro96Com for P25.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
In post #7 Northerner71 says he monitors a P25 system.
Maybe that is just P25 voice on a type II system?

Yeah that is what he is saying.
folks like to misuse the terms "digital voice talkgroups" with "P25".
I have been guilty of this in the past myself.
Here in NC VIPER is a mixed mode system (analog & digital voice talkgroups)
with a 3600baud CC. Hence why anyone can use T88 to decode it.
Yet folks call it a analog & P25 system all the time or say that a specific
TG is "P25" instead of "digital voice".
It has become a pet peeve of mine as it only confuses folks new to the hobby.
To be totally accurate a system is only truly "P25" if it has a 9600Baud CC.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.